February 2016 Moms
Options

Stella Nicole finally made her grand entrance

Stella Nicole was born on March 4th at 41 weeks 3 days on her daddy's birthday.  I had an unmedicated labor for like 17 hours (my goal was no meds or interventions)  starting at Midnight but couldn't make it passed 7cm dilated. Opted to have my midwife break the amniotic sac hopefully to get things going but no luck. Decided we needed to go with pitocen. At that point I'd been awake for like 36 hours. Decided I needed an epidural to get through it. 

Couple hours after starting the pit I was fully dilated! We excitedly started pushing. I pushed for almost five hours with no progression. Even turned the epi down in hopes of being able to work with the contractions better but bc of the exhaustion intense pain and lack of progress we decided on a c-section. I almost crashed in the OR due to intense referred shoulder pain low bp and uncontrollable shaking.

Anyway I came out of all that with a perfect angel baby who loves to nurse and has a great latch. Unfortunately I'm still in the hospital due to developing an ilius. I'm hugely swollen and painful due to my bowels being totally shut down. We're hoping it resolves tonight so we can get home soon. I'm just excited to get home and heal up with this sweet girl.  

Re: Stella Nicole finally made her grand entrance