January 2016 Moms
Options

Sometimes it's irrational

SBH041815SBH041815 member
edited March 2016 in January 2016 Moms
but things can really annoy me in the first months after I have a baby; even when I know it's completely irrational and I wouldn't be annoyed by it if I wasn't so sleep deprived and didn't just have my baby 8 weeks ago (hormonal). 
However even if I know I'm being irrational, I still want to let it out and not to DH because he wouldn't understand. 
Things I'm currently irrationally annoyed about:

People (especially family) saying how much the baby looks like my DH. Just pisses me off right now...no idea why other than I had to be pregnant with this child, go through labor pain, and now take care of her day and night while DH is at work or sleeping all night (because I'm EBF). I could at least have the privilege of her resembling me! See- very irrational!

Or how  about being irrationally annoyed that DH gets a break from baby to go to a different job, gets out of the house, etc. and every time he wants to do something extra away from the baby I pretty much want to yell at him. 

So what are you irrationally annoyed about at the moment?

Re: Sometimes it's irrational

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @claireloSC this^ 
    I get that a lot and it's totally annoying!
  • Options
    My husband and i currently live with my parents as we are saving for a house and DH to finish school. I have great support but they all make me irrationally irritated about the help they offer because there's one area that makes me both angry and worried. Im blessed to have 3 volunteers for help on all things EXCEPT feeding...no one steps up to attempt to ask helping DD work with a bottle or try things out. Ive been EBF but i go back to work in 2 weeks. My LO took a couple bottles from me after 4 weeks, but has suddenly stopped for me. I'm so worried about what will happen when she has to start daycare soon if she can't get comfortable with eating another way. I just want to scream when my mom offers to rock LO or wants to cuddle with her. If you want to help, please try a bottle....you breastfed me a year and worked full time! Irrational feelings : (
  • Options
    I get irritated when people hold the baby and literally the second he starts whimpering/fussing/crying they hand him right back to me. Babies make all kinds of noises and cry. Relax. It's ok. You can still hold him! 
  • Options
    I hate when every time the baby makes a noise they're like "do you think he's hungry?" Like no or else I'd be feeding him. 

My SO's moms baby voice drives me up a wall. I have the pleasure of hearing that tomorrow. 

Many things irritate me but i don't wanna write a book. 
  • Options
    I hate when people other than DH refer to my baby as "my baby." As in, "Ooh can I hold my baby?!" You didn't carry him around for 9 months or go through labor so no, you don't get to call him yours. 

I also wish wish people would stop giving me their opinions on how I choose to diaper my baby. We cloth diaper and it's a great fit for us.  I usually just ignore the comments but if MIL is around she always defends my choice to use cloth. She's awesome in that regard. 
  • Options
    I hate how people always have to be all in someone else's business. Oh you're using cloth diapers? Formula fed? Breasg fed? Co sleeping? As long as baby is happy and healthy it isn't your business. And even then i could argue that it's not. I know people mean well, but as mothers we already question everything we do. So shut up. 
  • Options
    mrsncmrsnc member
    012016 said:
    I hate when people other than DH refer to my baby as "my baby." As in, "Ooh can I hold my baby?!" You didn't carry him around for 9 months or go through labor so no, you don't get to call him yours
    This!! So much this!! My SIL does this all the time! I appreciate that she cares for my baby and she will be watching DD when I go back to work in 3 weeks, which I am sooo grateful for, but don't call her "my baby!" DH sent all his siblings DD's 1 month photo and she made it her Facebook picture before we even mad a chance to post anything ourselves. It's definitely one of those irrational things because I really am so happy that she loves her but it gets under my skin. 

• Options
    I don't even think its irrational but I hate when I hold, rock, or otherwise tend to my baby in the presence of others and am told that I am "spoiling him."
  • Options
    When someone tries to tell me how to comfort my baby. I've had her for 6 weeks. I think I know what she likes and doesn't by now. And what's with old people (over 60) always slinging the baby over their shoulder the moment they get fussy? Mine wants to see the world and be held sitting up facing forward.
    If one more person refers to my daughters bottom as biscuits they're getting smacked. Same if they call her toes piggies. It just really irratates me for some reason. Why do we need to give body parts pet names after food and animals anyways? Gaah!
  • Options
    I'm annoyed with my friends who are either single and claim they don't want kids or who are married and too self consumed to want kids . They come over and claim they are soo excited to see the baby but like PP said they just want to feel cool like oh I'm holding a baby but not paying attention. And then they make snooty comments like " don't spit up on me ",  " ugh why. Are you kicking me " " she  looks so grumpy , she doesn't like me ! I'm allergic to kids ". I don't know who she looks like , all baby's look the same " ....or they feel so special when they get a smile from her (is like no... She's looking at something shiney behind you!)  And that's why you are single and lonely! It's not like you don't want kids it's that no one will make then with you .. End of rant.  Needless to say , I'll be trimming my friend group down because who has time for that!       Sorry that was harsh :/
  • Options
    I could write a book in here! 

I get irrationally upset with my FIL. Every single time he sees me, he asks me if I'm pregnant again (he did this when I was 2 weeks pp). So today, knowing he was coming over, I put on my loosest hoodie and asked SO if it hid my belly. He got super upset with me! He said his dad doesn't mean it as to say I'm fat. Seriously? How else am I supposed to take it? We're done having babies! And we've told him that a thousand times, yet he still asks. This man also talks nasty about everyone's appearance behind their backs. So yes, you're damn right I take it as if he's calling me fat. It is NEVER ok to ask a woman if she is pregnant. It is incredibly disrespectful, but SO doesn't think so. 

So, I'm irrationally upset with both SO and FIL.
  • Options
    @Rach8672 YES one of my friends had literally said all of that (except the smile part bc LO won't smile at her lol... AND on the same day kept talking about how she wants a baby and it seems easy... She completely contradicts herself but either way it pisses me off. I just hope she doesn't get any ideas because she would be a horrible parent. All she wants to do is smoke and party and be at different guys' houses all the time. And she justifies everything she does in order to not have to give bad stuff up. When she says she wants a baby I so badly want to be like NO YOU DONT. But I never say that bc I feel like id be betraying my own if I did. (Is that irrational? Lol)
  • Options
    Loll , parenting is not for everyone ! Some people are far too selfish 
  • Options
    I get annoyed with my self lately because I feel like I am not doing enough. I want her to CONSTANTLY be smiles and giggles (6 weeks) and I know it isn't possible because she is a newborn but I can't help but feel guilty when she cries! 
  • Options
    Anytime I put LO down for sleep at night and go to my own bedroom, I have to go back to his room and check on him even though I just put him down, he's asleep, and I have an audio monitor on. I just get worried that he's too quiet so I have to check on him lol
  • Options
    omg!  this. all. the. time.  I hate that I get overwhelmed...and have to ask SO for help. it makes me feel like a failure...even tho it takes two. I get irritated with my older son...and it's completely unfair bc he's just being a normal 4.5 year old...aaaahhhh such a mind fuck!
  • Options
    There have been several times when I'm talking to my FIL on the phone and the baby is fussy/crying.  The FIL always asks "What are you doing to my grandbaby?  Did you pinch him?"  As if I intentionally caused my son to cry.  Ok, I know he's trying to be funny but it's annoying.  (BTW, I'm not sure all of these things we're listing are irrational - most seem like pretty darn rational irritations to me!)  :)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    New one... I get irrationally upset when my mother calls the baby "her little sweet pea." When I call my daughter by her nick name (as in the one we call her by) my mom literally says "don't call her that, she's my little sweet pea." Drives me bonkers! 

Also, when anyone sees my baby when she's not having a colic episode and they tell me how there's no possible way it could be her I'm talking about... no really, this adorable little sleeping bundle turns into a screaming banshee at the drop of a pin, I promise. Come by at 2 am and you'll see. 
  • Options
    l4rkl4rk member
    I can't stand when baby girl is fussy and people say she is hungry and suggest I feed her. As if the only reason she is ever cranky is hunger, and I'm going to starve her unless they point it out. No. I just fed her. She's just being a baby. My breasts need a break. Shut up.