June 2016 Moms

FFFC, 3.4.16 Edition

Let's hear 'em!

*not always flame free!

Re: FFFC, 3.4.16 Edition

• Loading the player...
  • Last night I received a black tie wedding invitation for May- I will be 35 weeks pregnant and it will require a 2.5 hour plane ride in order to attend. I would reallllllly like to go to the wedding, mostly as a fun last hurray for me and DH before DS#2 is born but I also don't want to find myself going into labor out of state. My ob says it's generally safe to fly up to 36 weeks, I'll technically be 35 and a half weeks when I return from the wedding.

I honestly have no idea right now what I'm going to do. RSVPs are due in 3 weeks.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @MDKC14 This just made me crave chocolate milk.

@WinniethePoohsPants I was invited to a wedding on April 2nd when I’ll be about 31 weeks. My husband won’t let us go. In fact, he won’t let me get on a plane after now, regardless of what the doc says is okay. Is your H okay with you going? I hate dilemmas like that!!

• I have been super sick the last two nights with a sore throat and a cold, and this morning I had no voice. I need to catch up on work (thank goodness I work from home now) that I skipped out on yesterday due to feeling crappy but I totally opened my browser to zulily and here before touching my work email. And also turned on Vanderpump Rules and started watching that...
    TTC#1 since May 2011

BFP #1 June 2011 m/c@6wks

BFP #2 December 2011, EDD 8/21/12, born 7/21/12 at 35w4d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 October 6, 2015. WHAT???

• My confession. If I don't get some food within the next 30 minutes to an hour or so I am not responsible for my words towards people who say hey to me today. I am literally a crab until I've been fed! And Unfortunately I left the house too late this morning to grab or even fix anything...ugh wish it was 5:00 already!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @MDKC14 This just made me crave chocolate milk.

@WinniethePoohsPants I was invited to a wedding on April 2nd when I’ll be about 31 weeks. My husband won’t let us go. In fact, he won’t let me get on a plane after now, regardless of what the doc says is okay. Is your H okay with you going? I hate dilemmas like that!!

My Dh says it would make him uncomfortable, but will go if I want to go - the groom is one of his college friends. My Ds was born at exactly 39 weeks which has me thinking (very naive I know) that there's still plenty of time between the wedding and my due date.
  • @WinniethePoohsPants This is tough, but I would probably decide against going. You don't know how you will feel, and perhaps I am a lush, but if I can't drink and dance and wear heels to a wedding, regardless of how great I feel at 35 weeks, I probably wouldn't have too much fun. And my first was born at 35+2 so that makes me so much more trepidatious about planning anything in that last month before my due date, which is probably crazy. Also, a 2.5 hour plane ride sounds like hell that far along. BUT if it's really great friends, it is so hard to choose to skip out! Three weeks to decide is good, though--you have a bit of time to think about everything. 

...and I just realized that nothing I said here was useful. Trust your gut?
    TTC#1 since May 2011

• edited March 2016
    alileecam said:
    @WinniethePoohsPants This is tough, but I would probably decide against going. You don't know how you will feel, and perhaps I am a lush, but if I can't drink and dance and wear heels to a wedding, regardless of how great I feel at 35 weeks, I probably wouldn't have too much fun. And my first was born at 35+2 so that makes me so much more trepidatious about planning anything in that last month before my due date, which is probably crazy. Also, a 2.5 hour plane ride sounds like hell that far along. BUT if it's really great friends, it is so hard to choose to skip out! Three weeks to decide is good, though--you have a bit of time to think about everything. 

@alileecamThanks, I really appreciate your input. I'm probably forgetting how exhausting the last few weeks are - and 35 weeks is cutting it really close considering it will require a plane ride. Also, if you don't mind me asking - did you go into labor or were you induced? I was induced at 39 weeks myself.
  • alileecamalileecam member
    edited March 2016
    BPaisley said:
    I know I've reached a new level of laziness because when I was feeling too lazy to pick up some deodorant on my lunch break the other day, I ALMOST ordered it with Amazon Prime instead... I'll order just about anything on Prime, as long as the cost is pretty much comparable.

I think my mother, who watches my kids at my house every day, probably thinks I have a real shopping problem because I get a package like every day. But, really I just order everything online, unless it really really makes more financial sense to actually go in a store...
    One time I apologized to the mailman and said, "You must think I have a problem" because he delivered an armful of packages to me at once. To be fair, it was several orders over several weeks (some of which were broken up) that just happened to be delivered on the same day. But still, I am sure he was like, "Women be shoppin'."
    TTC#1 since May 2011

• crdocrdo member
    alileecam said:
    @WinniethePoohsPants This is tough, but I would probably decide against going. You don't know how you will feel, and perhaps I am a lush, but if I can't drink and dance and wear heels to a wedding, regardless of how great I feel at 35 weeks, I probably wouldn't have too much fun. And my first was born at 35+2 so that makes me so much more trepidatious about planning anything in that last month before my due date, which is probably crazy. Also, a 2.5 hour plane ride sounds like hell that far along. BUT if it's really great friends, it is so hard to choose to skip out! Three weeks to decide is good, though--you have a bit of time to think about everything. 

@alileecamThanks, I really appreciate your input. I'm probably forgetting how exhausting the last few weeks are - and 35 weeks is cutting it really close considering it will require a plane ride. Also, if you don't mind me asking - did you go into labor or were you induced? I was induced at 39 weeks myself.
    FTM here, but I don't think I'd go at 35 weeks. The wedding sounda fabulous, and I would hate to miss it. However, given such a long plane ride, I don't think I'd risk delivering early so far away. Just my $0.02.
  • @CourtJack- you are literally the star in my eye. 
  • Diesel615 said:
    I'm sitting here at my work computer with no motivation to do ANYTHING for work.....I'm procrastinating like crazy and avoiding my work I should be doing....it's Friday and my birthday, I think I should get a free pass...or something haha. 
    Happy birthday!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • CourtJack said:
    My confession. If I don't get some food within the next 30 minutes to an hour or so I am not responsible for my words towards people who say hey to me today. I am literally a crab until I've been fed! And Unfortunately I left the house too late this morning to grab or even fix anything...ugh wish it was 5:00 already!
    I really don't believe you.

Lol okay so not literally lol. I have a tendency to exaggerate when I'm hungry lol.

• @alileecamThanks, I really appreciate your input. I'm probably forgetting how exhausting the last few weeks are - and 35 weeks is cutting it really close considering it will require a plane ride. Also, if you don't mind me asking - did you go into labor or were you induced? I was induced at 39 weeks myself.
    I went into labor--my water broke. I had too much fluid (polyhydramnios), so that probably had a lot to do with it. 
    TTC#1 since May 2011

• @Diesel615 Happy birthday!!!

I'm going to dinner with my husband's boss and family tonight (we're military and the squadron wives are really close so it's not as weird as it sounds) and I'm REALLY tempted to ask him if he knows where we're moving yet. We were supposed to find out in January and expecting to be moving in August/September. I just wanna know where I'm moving to in 6 months!!!!!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @Emztron500 I am right there with you.  I usually just get really awkward when it comes to comforting someone.  
  • ahernandez16ahernandez16 member
    edited March 2016
    @Emztron500 Same. I'm not a crier and I do not know how to deal with crying. My parents used to always tell me to stop "being dumb" and crying when I got in trouble and I honestly think they traumatized me. I literally feel ridiculous when I cry.

H had a bit of a meltdown a few weeks ago regarding work stuff and started crying and my only response was to let him cry it out (while awkwardly patting his back) and then tell him, "Okay? Are you done? Can I be real with you now?" and then was super blunt about his situation and basically told him he could continue to be upset about something he CAN control or he can take control and change it. Truthfully, he appreciated it in and told me so but I felt like such a bitch.

Come to think of it, I should probably learn some better comforting skills if I'm not going to permanently damage my child.
  • @Emztron500 Same. I'm not a crier and I do not know how to deal with crying. My parents used to always tell me to stop "being dumb" and crying when I got in trouble and I honestly think they traumatized me. I literally feel ridiculous when I cry.

H had a bit of a meltdown a few weeks ago regarding work stuff and started crying and my only response was to let him cry it out (while awkwardly patting his back) and then tell him, "Okay? Are you done? Can I be real with you now?" and then was super blunt about his situation and basically told him he could continue to be upset about something he CAN control or he can take control and change it. Truthfully, he appreciated it in and told me so but I felt like such a bitch.

Come to think of it, I should probably learn some better comforting skills if I'm not going to permanently damage my child.

Oh dear. I can't handle men crying. Maybe that's my FFFC.
  • My FFFC: I really don't like some of my students. I know as a school nurse I'm supposed to be very loving and caring and understanging and I really try. But seriously, some kids are just assholes.

Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

SaveSave
  • @Emztron500 I'm a counsellor. My advice is to do what you're doing. Just let them cry it out and then start talking once they get it together. Also, I really liked your gif!

My FFFC. I got behind on the Randoms thread and then it got so big that I thought I'd never be able to catch up. Now there are 2.2K new posts. I'm so sad. #FOMO
  • I eat French fries daily. Oven baked but I have a mini addiction going on and I don't care. 
    @DeePaddy24 I totally judge and side eye people who have children who misbehave all the time and their parents don't do anything about it. My SIL lets her kids run wild and when we went to lunch last week she let her kids shout and roar and play tag in the restaurant without asking them to stop once. I cannot let my one year old behave like that and these kids are 3-5. It was rude IMO. She was all "Kids will be kids" and was doing deals with them to eat one nugget and they would get ice cream etc. I don't negotiate with kids.  

• alileecam said:
    I went into labor--my water broke. I had too much fluid (polyhydramnios), so that probably had a lot to do with it. 
    That must have been a big surprise!
    I had to be induced for preeclampsia, so I'm really hoping to go into labor naturally this time. I think I'll just check "will not be attending" on the rsvp, it sounds like the general consensus of those I've talked to believe it's just not worth the risk. Thanks again for your help.