Desired progesterone level before FET — The Bump
Infertility

Desired progesterone level before FET

Hi ladies ! I am trying to find info on the desired progesterone level before a FET. My FET is Friday and my progesterone level came back at 60 today . Is that high ? The nurse left a voicemail and closed by the time I could call back . Could the level being too high be bad ? I'm sorry I'm just a worry-Er and am so anxious for Friday !!! 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
DH: 29
Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
DH: No issues.
Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
October 2015: IUI: BFN
January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !

Re: Desired progesterone level before FET

• Woah! That is way high! What medication are you taking and in what dose? I had my progesterone checked on the day of transfer and it was 21. 5 days later it was 28.

Maybe this link will help: http://www.newkidscenter.com/Progesterone-Levels-in-Early-Pregnancy.html
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• @aanddm2014 I know it seems so high ! I checked my online portal and it said to keep my meds the same ! I'm on the progesterone pills orally 2x per day and crinone suppositories 2x per day . I feel really off - I have cramps and my body just feels warmer than usual . I can't wait for the clinic to open so I can call . 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi @mskeenan  Did you also have an ultrasound to measure the thickness of your lining?  That's your most important part getting ready for the big day, so if you're lining is in good shape, your clinic might be ok with the level of Progesterone. As long as your lining isnt too think or too thick--that's the crucial element for implantation. I know that opinions on "too high" of a progestrone level vary from place to place and whether it has any bearing on endometrial receptivity.  Also, for what it's worth, when testing my Progestrone, it's gone up and down and my nurse said that measuring the progesterone is a bit of a wild card depending on when you're taking your meds and when your blood is drawn so she told me they just always want to make sure it's not below a certain number.   So maybe it's just a timing on when your blood was drawn and when you took your meds....the great news is that your Progesterone level is up and that's so important for implantation and sustaining the pregnancy.   Fx for you and i wish you the best of luck friday!!!  
  • Hi @mskeenan , I have no idea about FET but I hope everything is great and you are ready for your transfer. I am sure you know this but just in case, labs use two different units (ng/mL and nmol/L) for progesterone levels so your number might sound too high in one unit but more normal in nmol/L. 

I actually just wanted to say that  I am so happy to hear that you are almost there for the transfer and I wish you best of luck ! I will be lurking in the boards to see your results :)