January 2016 Moms

Baby Wearing Selfies

This might be a total flop, but who knows. Does anyone else take a ridiculous number of selfies while wearing the baby? 

Show them off!

What kind of wrap are you using and how does baby like it? 

I use a DIY Woven Wrap in a front cross carry. I just started wrapping her with her legs out and she sleeps wonderfully... at least until we both get too hot and sweaty. 

Re: Baby Wearing Selfies

• Loading the player...
  • BarrettJ89BarrettJ89 member
    edited March 2016
    @maureenmce Dooo it! I have my love/hate moments with the wrap, but for the most part, it's pretty great. It took me a while to figure out the best way to do it and to feel comfortable/feel that she's actually IN there and won't fall... Once I got it though, boom baby! Wearing her just about every time she gets fussy. And with colic, that's a lot. I will mention, baby has been wrapped for a couple hours now and I am sweating in places that are not polite to be discussed in public...

Live with being sweaty? Or risk waking the sleeping bear? Lol

Edit: swipe is clearly drunk...
  • @mrsnc I'm so jealous that you convince your husband to wear your baby! SO won't do it. He says he doesn't have the boobs, she clearly won't be comfortable... *eye roll*
  • I use the Moby wrap. Still trying to figure it out. But LO seemed the like it. 
  • *question* 
    baby wearers, 
    LO gets super fussy when he gets hot. With us living in the south and it's already getting humid, I don't know which baby carrier is best (or if we should do it at all)
    i have a baby Bjorne carrier (that I have no idea how to use. 
    Any suggestions? 
  • @kgcnyc I just follow their directions for newborn carry!
  • look into a cooling towel, like the frogg togg.  My son was born in April in Atlanta so it was hot from the get go, it was a life saver and we will definitely be using it again with my little girl. @carlyhammond
  • @carlyhammond K'tan makes a cotton mesh version, maybe that would work if you are wanting to try more of a wrap style
    https://www.babyktan.com/breezewrap
  • I loved the kangaroo shirt I had for the first week after he was born for skin to skin (first pic), then we moved to the boba wrap (throat chop and outside picture) and I even got my husband to wear it! Today babe had his first nap in the Boba 4 (he hadn't liked it as much as the wrap so far, but I'm trying to convince him to like it since I plan on using it a lot when we travel in two weeks!). Considering getting a ring sling too...
  • Not a selfie, but we went to the zoo today and he loved the K'tan. I also have the Tula with infant insert but it's much bulkier.

• klbhklbh member
    We went to the polls today for Super Tuesday! Then a cafe for coffee and pastries. He was conked out the whole time, and the old ladies at the polls complained they couldn't see him enough, haha.
  • We have the mama n kangaroo sling, I really enjoy baby wearing but am not a huge fan of the carrier so I'm thinking of ordering a boba wrap or k'tan as well 
  • baby bjorn! She sleeps beautifully in it

• The mei tai. We also have the ergo which is probably my preference. I have the moby but it takes me too long and I can never get the right wrap twice.
    N (2004)A (2007), N (2010), and L (due 1/2016)
  • @SBH041815  - how do you do the legs out wrap?!?!?!?!?! 
    N (2004)A (2007), N (2010), and L (due 1/2016)
  • I love my wrapsody breeze! It's the best gauze wrap for hot weather. Also I'm hot most of the time any way. I can't wait for him to uncurl so we can do legs out. My boobs are to big for newborn carries and it's awkward. But we work it out.
  • @kgcnyc check out the Solly videos on their website - very helpful.
  • @leap_frog I used the "hug hold" out of my Moby instruction book.  This picture is probably too small to read but it's available online too :-)
  • We do our morning walks with her in the ergo with the infant insert. (I have a tiny little thing, what can I say lol her head is JUST starting to be able to pop out, those photos are 2 weeks ago). 
    I super want a ring sling though!!!! 
    Looking good ladies! And Gents too!
  • @BarrettJ89 Yes! I totally felt like super woman carrying them both.  I had DS in a wrap and DD in a SSC. DD is 27lbs and DS about 10lbs. They surprisingly felt pretty light, but I doubt I could make a trip around my cul-de-sac let alone through the grocery store.