Trying to Get Pregnant

How long did you chart before figuring out O time?

GG620GG620 member
edited February 2016 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Hi lovelies!

I went off birth control back in the fall to hopefully try and regulate myself. My cycles were super long at first and have been getting shorter each cycle - but every single one is different. I didn't stumble across you guys until awhile after and for the last month have been charting my CM, and sort-of temping (I need to get better about doing it at the same time every day so its not super reliable at the moment) and taking OPK (but were negative every day for many days). So just wondering how long did you ladies chart before figuring out exactly when you ovulate?? Thanks!!

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

Me: 28  Him: 30

Married: 11/15/14

TTC: 02/2016

IF DX: MFI (low count & morphology) & mild PCOS

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

August 2016 BFP - MC @6w1d

June 2017 - 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP 7/6/17!!

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

Re: How long did you chart before figuring out O time?

• Hi

It really is different for everyone, but for me I didnt ovulate in my first cycle after BCP. The 2nd month I had a late ovulation, then cycles 3, 4 and 5 were all the same on CD15. I guess I started to feel confident about my O date on cycle 4 after ovulation.

I know there are some people's who's O day varies by 2/3 days each month and that's normal too. 

Every month has been different for me too with different "symptoms" in the TWW which all turn out to be AF related but it's just the body getting used to everything and possibly differnet levels of progestorone gives different side effects. 

If you havent already - feel free to join in the TWW and WTO threads. There is a section on the updates where you can ask questions daily or request chart stalks if you need them.

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • NamelessAriaNamelessAria member
    edited February 2016
    Like @Lulucooks I can never count on O being CD__.  I just have to see what happens each month and hope I get some heads up using OPKs for timing BD and then wait for a temp rise to confirm.

Edit: Fixed a typo.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Like PP's said, I can never rely on O being a specific CD#, it always varies a couple days. I was able to pinpoint O my first cycle temping.

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I ovulate anywhere from Day 11 to Day 17 - ovulation varies for lots of people, it's your LP that theoretically should stay fairly stable. I have gotten better about recognizing the signs my body gives around an LH surge...but there's really no way to know you ovulated until your temp rise confirms it, as discussed ad nauseum. Sorry. 
  • Even not having to adjust after hormonal birth control O varies from as early as CD13 to CD20 every cycle for me. My charts span 7 years and there's no indication where in that range I'll O in advance. If I wasn't temping I'd be clueless. 
  • 16 days.  But every cycle is different.  I have seen ovulation in all my cycles -- usually between CD 13 and CD 16, but my post-miscarriage and post pregnancy ovulation days were as late as CD 22. (not that that is late, just late for me.)  You can see all my charts in my siggy.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• As others have said, every cycle can be different. The key to getting a more definite answer is temping. CM and OPKs are helpful but not the most reliable information you can go on. I think many people here would recommend you temp consistently to get a good sense of your cycles.
  • I have ovulated any where from cd 12 to cd 32. The only way I know that was by tempting and waiting 3 days post ovulation for cross hairs.
  • I've ovulated anywhere between Cd 23 and 36. It sucks. Temping is the only way I would stay sane. But since it changes so much it's hard to time sex. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a long (for me) cycle last month. Ironically, it was my first month temping with confirmed O on CD19. Based on earlier occurrence of fertile CM, I expect to O earlier this month. Fx for the next 2 days so we have great timing...and because I can't BD everyday much longer. 
    Hopefully after temping the next few cycles, I'll see a more consistent pattern. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Last month was my first month temping, I decided to start after a nerve-wracking 66 day cycle that had me all kinds of crazy. 

I O'd on CD28 last cycle, and I started AM and PM OPKs at CD14, that's a lot of peeing on sticks! But it was nice to have O confirmed with temps, OPK, and CM. 

I have no expectation that I will O on CD28 this month (I hope it'll be sooner than that)!  As PPs have said, most people's O days vary (some more than others). 

Good luck! Temping every day at the same time is important. Come join us in the WTO if you are so inclined.
  • My O date varies by a few days. With my post MC cycles, it is usually between CD 12 and CD 17. I was able to pinpoint my O date the first cycle I started tracking after being benched this last time. Prior to my MCs, I usually would O between CD 15 and CD 20. It just varies from one cycle to the next, unfortunately.
  • I confirmed O my first cycle on CD15 after 3 days of high temps. I've O'd between CD14-CD17 every cycle with more than half my cycles having O on CD15.
  • Your right about temping...pick up a basal body thermometer (assuming you don't get ku this cycle) and the your temp the same time every morning. I also recommend downloading the fertility friend app for your phone. It will help you pinpoint ovulation based on your temperature and even email you chasing lessons after you sign up. You will probably be able to see when you ovulate give or take a day the first time you chart this way.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • GG620GG620 member
    Thank you so much everyone! It's nice to hear that O day varies for many women. My goal this next cycle is to be better with temping and make sure I do it at the same time every day (assuming im not KU - few more days of hoping). Fingers crossed for some more definitive answers :smiley: 

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

Me: 28  Him: 30

Married: 11/15/14

TTC: 02/2016

IF DX: MFI (low count & morphology) & mild PCOS

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

August 2016 BFP - MC @6w1d

June 2017 - 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP 7/6/17!!

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]