June 2016 Moms

Sunday Check-In

How far along are you? 

Rant/Rave/Symptoms:

What are you doing to prepare for baby? 

Questions? 

GTKY: If you could pick any wild animal to have as a pet what would it be?

Re: Sunday Check-In

• How far along are you? 
    23 + 1

Rant/Rave/Symptoms:
    Rant: I just want to sleep! :'( My back is absolutely killing me from tossing & turning so much. *sigh*
    Rave: I don't plan on leaving the house or getting out of my PJs at all today, & I am really excited about that! 
    Symptoms: I can't emphasize it enough...heartburn is a bitch! 

Nothing aside from gestating today. Grow baby boy, grow! 

Oooh, a Panda bear is a great answer! So cute & cuddly! I'd also like to throw a sloth or a penguin into the mix...it's tough to pick just one!
    Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

SaveSave
  • Loading the player...
  • @arteduc8 I’m so jealous – I wish I had a friend or relative that was a year or so ahead of me with a baby boy. That would be so convenient!   

How far along are you? 25+6

Rant/Rave/Symptoms: Rants - my house is a mess. this is totally my fault, but the idea of cleaning when my back hurts this bad just makes me angry. Raves - went to a baby consignment store yesterday and it was HUMONGOUS. I was overwhelmed by the number of baby clothes and bought about 5 things. I will be going back. Symptoms - just the back/sciatica pain, sniffles and baby kicks. 

What are you doing to prepare for baby? Today I'm going to pick up some baby friendly laundry detergent and start washing some of the clothes I've gotten. I just want to go ahead and be able to hang them so they're not on the floor or the bed. Then just need to set up a donation pick up with habitat for humanity so I can paint (assuming I can talk my H into letting me paint). 

GTKY: If you could pick any wild animal to have as a pet what would it be? I think I would go with a koala. They're just too cute. I got to hold one when I was in Australia and fell in love.
  • @arteduc8 I'm jealous of your sundae! That sounds amazing.

How far along are you? 25+3

Rant/Rave/Symptoms:
    Rant: DH is making me rage.
    Rave: Got to have dinner and spend the evening with our friends that just had their baby last week. She is so tiny and adorable and it was kind of nice to get a glimpse into the near future. Also, when I held her my baby started moving around a lot. I like to think they he/she was saying hello to their future friend, but I was probably just squishing it! lol
    Symptoms: Rage, back pain, and oh good lord the burping.

What are you doing to prepare for baby? Gestating, finishing up the registries, moving furniture around today with my parents.

Questions? Why are DH's so annoying? Did I mention I have rage today?!

GTKY: If you could pick any wild animal to have as a pet what would it be? I'm torn because I love a lot of animals... Something bear-ish like a panda or polar bear would be cute. But I also love koalas!
  • @candicek15 My H is making me rage lately, too. I have to keep walking away from him so I don't blow up at him for no reason. Poor guy means well, but everything he does is making my skin crawl, lol. 
    Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

SaveSave
  • samsonatorsamsonator member
    edited February 2016
    How far along are you?  24w3d

Rant/Rave/Symptoms:
    Rant is I've been easily angered/annoyed lately. Not sure if that's pregnancy-related, but I hope my baby doesn't come out with anger issues. Please tell me there's not a connection in the research, haha. My fuse if just short lately. 

Ordering some stuff off our registry today-  mostly crib bedding because I'm impatient. 

Questions? 
    Anyone else notice their local BRU store being overpriced as compared to other stores and online? We went Friday night and I thought some of the prices seemed high so I started googling the products and they were cheaper at other stores. No more BRU for us. 

Penguin! I love them! I love the way they waddle and how you can tickle them! We have a lot of penguin stuff @ the house..
    Married July 2014
    DD born June 2016
    Second due August 2020 (team green!)
  • How far along are you? 24+1

Rant/Rave/Symptoms: 
    I noticed leaking for the first time this morning... So that was new. Other than that just difficulty sleeping and heartburn.

Ordered our car seat yesterday! We had a Visa gift card from Verizon so I basically got it for free! 

Questions? 
    I feel like I popped around 18 weeks and haven't gotten any bigger since. Anyone else? I want an obviously pregnant belly! :)

I hate animals... They seriously scare me. Although I am abnormally obsessed with my dogs which doesn't make sense. The only wild animal I would even consider would be a horse. Go ahead, flame away.... ;)
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • How far along are you? 
    26+4. Holy moly, Wednesday will be the first day of the THIRD TRI. What is happening?!

Rant/Rave/Symptoms:
    Achy, TONS of BH...

Just ordered a bunch of cloth dipes and got a couple outfits yesterday. Heading to IKEA next weekend and will get the crib and mattress and then all the big stuff is done!

Questions? 
    Don't think so :)

a monkey!
  • @MrsB8214 I totally sympathize with you on the whole getting up and bending over thing.  I grunt and groan now and DH laughs at me.  It is quite comical I guess, but frustrating. 

@cdnrunning Yes, hand me downs are amazing!  Going through the mountains of clothes is a bit overwhelming, but will save us sooooo much money. And good luck with your run today!  Totally jealous that you are able to do that still!  I used to be a runner before all sorts of back and leg issues and the thought of running now makes me cringe.  You rock! 

@hockeyfan42 OMG I love those patterns!!! Can't wait to see what you make!  We're doing a fox/wilderness theme in our nursery too.  Where did you get that fabric? 

@ShawnaG123 Aren't they adorable?!?  Some zoos have live cams of them.  Here's one I found for your entertainment: https://www.millbrook.org/Page/School-Life/Trevor-Zoo/Trevor-Zoo-Live/Trevor-Zoo-Live---Red-Pandas
  • @laurenm2123 I am at 25+3 and I feel like on the last two days I've gotten way bigger. People commented that I had popped but I thought I had already done that!
  • @Sgoldberg247 I know it's not going to be pretty but my goal is to get 6 miles in even if that means walking more than half of the time or doing some combo of 10-15 running 3 minutes walking. I was in pretty good shape up until I got pregnant and then the everything went to shit lol. Partially because of nausea, a lot because of "finding excuses". I registered for a half marathon in mid April so I know I can't slack on training. It's the only way I'm pretty good about sticking to goals is if I register for a race. I've never been fast (avg 9:30 pace for a half marathon) but the running has always allowed me to eat and drink what I want - and that's what's really important lol
  • WaitingMay14WaitingMay14 member
    edited February 2016
    How far along are you? 23 today. 

Rant/Rave/Symptoms:bad heartburn. Caved and took Zantac it was so bad. I'm with you @DeePaddy24 on the whole horrible back. 

What are you doing to prepare for baby? Nothing currently. 

Questions? What do you do to help you sleep ? I invested in my snoogle, try to get in bed early and if that doesn't help my dr suggested unisom to help sleep. i guess it only gets better. 

GTKY: If you could pick any wild animal to have as a pet what would it be? A tiny monkey. :) 

edit: monkey not money lol 
  • @arteduc8 I got everything at JoAnn's! They've really stepped up their game since I made DD's quilt in 2011. 
    June 2016 April Siggy Challenge: Reasons my kid is crying

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 23+1

Rant/Rave/Symptoms: Full of raves today!  Hubby got me a tablet!  I've been wanting for one a while now and he got me one for my birthday!  Secondly, my mom bought the baby mattress today and our crib will be delivered on March 12th.  I can't wait!!  Oh and I got a new vacuum.  I know, who gets excited about a vacuum....this girl!

What are you doing to prepare for baby? Cleaning and rearranging still.

Questions? How soon do you think is appropriate to start washing baby clothes?  I don't want to start too soon so they will just collect dust.

GTKY: If you could pick any wild animal to have as a pet what would it be? a white tiger!
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @Sgoldberg247  oh yes, I for sure had a yummy sugary and delicious snack to celebrate: donuts. Mmmm... :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you?  22w6d
    Rant/Rave/Symptoms:
    Rant: I'm so moody I don't want to be around myself and I'm having such bad nightmares every night I'm almost to the point I'd just rather be exhausted.
    Rave: For the most part, my nausea actually seems to be over and I am finally looking like I'm actually pregnant instead of just getting fat really fast. 
    Symptoms:  I'm on weekly high dose progesterone shots. The injection site swells and develops a hard knot each week, my hips and butt itch like crazy all the time, I have hives where there shots have built up and I have an ongoing reaction, I have a rash on my shoulders and chest, they're making me even moodier, more bloated and more tired that I was before and it gets worse every week and I'll go until 36 weeks.  I am really lucky that other than my bad dreams, my pregnancy symptoms this time are really not too bad other than these stupid shots.  I just keep telling myself that these stupid shots could be the difference between another preemie and taking my baby home with me, so I keep going.  At least my nurses are super nice and funny and a great touch with the shots. 

We are having our floors re-done the first week of April which is a project we have been wanting to do for couple years.  I'm SO EXCITED to have floors I can actually get clean! 

Questions? Anyone else starting to think this might be the perfect time to take up competitive eating? 

A raccoon.  I've always loved them. When I was little, my imaginary friend was a pet raccoon (no idea where that came from...) and I was obsessed with them.  At one point as an adult I looked into if they could be kept as pets or rescues but the answer is not really if you value your house.  Still, I'd love it.