July 2016 Moms
Options

Weekend Bitchfest 2/27-2/28

Re: Weekend Bitchfest 2/27-2/28

• Options
    I have only asked for one day off in the last year and that was for trick or treating with the 4 year old as the only person in my job with a kid. We have a very loose policy and my supervisor takes off 1-3 days a month. I asked to swap a day this week for a day next week so that I wouldn't lose a 12 hour shift to have my second Saturday in a year off and my boss says no. My company has built in overtime because we are short staffed but he doesn't want it used for that so I just can't have the day. 

To top t off, the only way I can get the day off is to convince someone to work a 12 hour night shift on a Saturday for me without the ability to offer them anything in return. I know that this isn't a big deal but I'm having a shit day and I was hoping to squeeze a two day weekend out of a week because my husband has that Friday off (my actual off day) and we haven't had this since we started working for this company. 

Andplusalso, he was asked to work the Saturday before and given that Friday off in return. So, not unheard of. I hate my flipping job and I'm a whiny bitch today. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Nerdchild with you there! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    Ds has RSV and bronchiolitis. We have to give him a nebulizer every 4 to 6 hrs and the poor dude hates it! I feel so bad for him! Please get better soon little man! 
  • Options
    I feel like i have barely seen my DH in weeks. I'm hating how hectic things are right now and I would just love a weekend of fun with my little family instead of running in different directions like chickens with our heads cut off. 
  • Options
    Katekay3Katekay3 member
    edited February 2016
    I went to McDonald's to get a shamrock shake, and the machine was broke! Looks like I'll be finding another McDonald's in the morning!  
    Eta- I'm a little more angry about this than I should be so I'm blaming it on baby. 
  • Options
    My husband works for a local brewery and is working a big winter beerfest tonight. I usually go help out and drink...but instead I'm here falling asleep on the couch. Pregnancy is boring, although so worth it. 
  • Options
    WevilleWeville member
    edited February 2016
    My husband has become a tyrannosnore tonight so I'm on the couch with my snoogle and two dogs who now think the fun thing to do is wrestle over my stomach and pounce on my feet. I think it's a conspiracy to keep me from sleeping 
  • Options
    Kellyj103 said:
    Yesterday my very out of shape client told me that she thinks I eat too much sugar, I'm going to get diabetes and this is all bad for the baby. And it's really bothering me all day today!!!! I hate unsolicited advice and opinions!!
    To bad that is not how GD works. Ignorant twat client.
  • Options
    I've officially caught whatever sicky bug my coworker came in with last week. She stayed home all week sick and came in on Thursday because we had mandatory company headshots for the website and now I have it all. Sore throat, cough, achey muscles and I sound like ive been chain smoking for 50 years. 
  • Options
    My husband wouldn't let me get a hot dog at Costco since the nurse at the very first OB appointment said hot dogs were a no-no and he refuses to read the research on the safety.  
    My first post-delivery meal is going to be a stupid Costco hot dog because he won't let me and I feel too guilty getting one behind his back.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Options
    I talked DH into getting us Costco sundae's today because fighting through the weekend crowds plus the natural old people in FL made it awful. He was going to share mine, one look out of my eyes and he got himself one too.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Kill him @megstervt ! How dare he withhold the awesomeness that is the Costco hotdog!! 

• Options
    @megstervt oh man I had a costco hotdog today. It was so delicious. My weekend bitch fest is about my fat fingers starting to swell and not being able to wear all my rings (I stack). I feel nekkid without them... Does anyone buy faux ring sets or is that cheesy?!
  • Options
    Colorado has a stupid law that doesn't allow the sale of motorized vehicles on Sundays, so we can't shop for a replacement car for the one (the only one we had) that totaled this week.

also, it's official my boobs are growing and none of my bras fit...so I'm sitting here with a bra half on waiting for my husband to come home so we can go out to dinner.....I hate bra shopping. :/

Me: 32, DH: 38
    Married 1/14/12
    NTNP Since 12/13, TTC Since 1/15
    BFP: 11/4/15  Found out we were having TWINS 12/9/15 EDD: 7/11/16 Born: 6/29/16
    Team Blue x2!!

cartoon disney funny haters pixar

• Options
    @megstervt oh man I had a costco hotdog today. It was so delicious. My weekend bitch fest is about my fat fingers starting to swell and not being able to wear all my rings (I stack). I feel nekkid without them... Does anyone buy faux ring sets or is that cheesy?!
    My husband bought me a chain so I can wear the rings as a necklace when they don't fit on my swollen fingers. I'm getting very close to needing it. 
  • Options
    @DominiqueU I love that idea but I am terrified I will somehow lose them. I have a rather large antique stone solitaire for my engagement ring and I would be beside myself if we had to replace it. I can still fit one at a time on my ringer so at least that's something.
  • Options
    @theshannondee mine are getting tight. In another month or so they will not fit. I plan on buying some cheapie 10 dollar ring in a few sizes too big. 
  • Options

@calico34 I've gone up 3 cup sizes so far. I went and bought 2 new bras a month ago and they have been good, but have now gone up another cup so will be going out again.

On the plus side, DH thinks all his Christmases have come at once.

Little boy due July 31st 2016

• Options
    jjtrufflesjjtruffles member
    edited February 2016
    I know I don't post all the time, but I am welcoming creepy internet stranger hugs with open arms. I left my husband today and moved into my Gramma's old house, which is right next door to my parents. I know I made the right decision, for the health and safety of myself and this baby, but knowing that still doesn't make it hurt any less. I just feel so sad and empty and lost. Why do so many of us choose to love the wrong person?

eta: I didn't want to make a whole new thread for this, and didn't know where to put it, so bitchfest it is. If I had logged on earlier this morning I probably would have written a bitchfest novel of everything leading up to today.
  • Options
    @jjtruffles I am so sorry to hear that. I don't know your situation but if you know in your heart you made the right decision for the safety of you and your baby then I commend you. It takes a lot of strength to do that. So many prayers and hugs for you.
  • Options
    @jjtruffles so many creepy internet stranger hugs. I am so sorry that you're in a position to have to make that decision, but I'm glad that you were able to leave and have a safe place to go and, hopefully, support. 

• Options
    @jjtruffles lots and lots of hugs! What a terrible decision to have to make but I'm glad you feel strong enough to make it (whatever the reasons are), and have a safe place to go, and people around you to support you.
  • Options
    @jjtruffles good for you in doing what is best for you and baby. I'm sending good juju your way! I hope your parents can help support you during all of this. 
  • Options
    @jjtruffles I'm so sorry you're going through all this but hugs to you. You are very brave for leaving that situation. I'm glad you are safe. Sending very positive vibes your way. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    @jjtruffles I am so sorry you are going through this. I don't know you, but I have so much respect for you- I can't imagine how hard that decision was for you, but you are extremely brave. Big hugs to you! 
  • Options
    @jjtruffles lots of hugs to you and proud you made a choice that will benefit you and your baby in the long run! So sorry you are going through this though! Hang in there you have a lot of strength and courage! Feel free to reach out for support ! 

• Options
    @jjtruffles hugs and prayers for you and I hope this becomes an easy transition for you as you realize that you did the right thing by putting you and your baby first.
  • Options
    @jjtruffles I'm so sorry. All the creepy internet hugs. 
  • Options
    @jjtruffles sooo many creepy Internet hugs your way. This was probably an incredibly difficult decision for you, and I am glad you feel like you made a good choice! I hope you are surrounded by support! 
  • Options
    @jjtruffles so many creepy internet hugs!! I'm sorry you had to do that. But am so happy that you were able to! 
  • Options
    @jjtruffles So sorry you are going through this but very glad to hear you and your baby are safe with family. I hope you get the support you need