September 2016 Moms

Pregnancy Brain Commiseration

What's your latest (and not so greatest) pregnancy brain moment? 

Re: Pregnancy Brain Commiseration

• On the subject of hair washing: I got distracted while in the shower and didn't rinse a huge mess of conditioner out of my hair. If it was toward the back, it may not have been a big issue, but it was smack dab in the middle of the top of my head, inches from my forehead. I was so pissed that my hair appeared to be greasier after I took the time to wash it. 
  • Apparently I am currently unable to remember my coworker's names. It ends up coming out as "You know. That guy that I have to work with. He's out in CA. He's so-and-so's boss. Older guy, brown hair. Oh for Pete's sake, you KNOW who I'm talking about!"

Real professional, I know.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Lately I have become a spacey driver. Just today I hit a curb turning into a parking garage. Sadly this isn't the first time I've not paid attention and popped a curb before. I hope I still have all 4 tires by the time the baby is born!
    Married: 3/21/15
    First time mom to a human but have been a puppy mamma for over 12 years :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• I forgot to put my gym shoes in my gym bag then I forgot the whole bag on the counter... I forgot to put baking powder in a recipe I've made many times before. Pregnancy brain is real!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I keep blanking at some of my students names. (I am a teacher) however, I also have multiple sclerosis which affects my brain bc of scarring on it so I am use to memory issues! So annoying! 
  • Yeah mine is a car one too. I pulled into Sonic to order something, straightened up my suv, and somehow ended up like against the next parking spot sign and then tried to back out of it and put a big dent in my car!! Ugh! I thought I was going to have to call someone to help me get out; I didn't know what to do! I finally figured it out. Then today I totally almost ran someone over switching lanes. I promise I'm usually not a terrible driver. :/ 

• I work in a coffee shop. We have an ice machine in the back kitchen. Every morning we fill up a cooler with ice to have at the cafe. This morning I drained the ice chest and put it on the cart we use to take things from the kitchen to the cafe. It wasn't until my first costumer ordered an ice latte that I realized I had no put ice in the chest. Apparently it didn't seem necessary 
  • Oh, another.. The handle of my vacuum comes out of the main piece, to use other attachments. After I was done, I looked around the house for 20 minutes to find the "main piece" to put it back together.. And could not for the life of me remember what it even looked like or where I put it... Well it was connected to piece I was holding. (I was thinking of another model I guess.)

• 618mom22boys618mom22boys member
    edited February 2016
    Yesterday when we got home I forgot to turn the car off.  I got out and was like WTF is it still running? Thank goodness I remembered to put it in park!
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • I spent 10 mins searching in the freezer for some chicken that come to find outI haf already taken out earlier in the day. I have done numerous things like that. My first pregnancy and never did I think pregnancy brain started this early in pregnancy.
  • At a grocery store I used the self check out for the few items I had and was stopped by an employee because I forgot to pay :( .  I was so embarrassed and over apologized.  
  • The other day I thought we'd lost our dog.  Then DH reminded me he wasn't there because he was at doggy day care for the day.  Guess who had even dropped him off there?  It was me.

Today I swear there was a thread for showing pictures of baby bumps but I cannot find it and I can't figure out how to search the board for it.  I'm usually alright at navigating technology, but this is escaping me somehow.
  • @mandi135 The bump thread is entitled HDBD, and is probably on page 2. Hump Day Bump Day happens every Wednesday, so if you can't find it, a new one will be up in a couple days.

• Saturday I asked my best friend if she had ever been to our new ikea. I definitely went with her 4 months ago and I totally forgot! The look on her face was priceless. 
  • @camichael84 thank you!  My brain...it's gone.
  • faeriemfaeriem member
    edited February 2016
    I was making Mai tais for my moms birthday, and got mango juice instead of pineapple. I had to run out and get the pineapple juice in the middle of her party. Felt so stupid, and I haven't told them yet, so had zero excuse. I swear pregnancy brain is way worse this time. 
  • I'm just plain dumb lately.

I'm also much more clumsy. Anyone else? 
  • Damn this baby is getting me this week!   I just had a meet set up to get a baby name book from someone for free.  I was waiting at the wrong place for her and I missed her.   I waited 30 mins at the wrong place!
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • I brought home groceries today, and forgot, so they were out for 20 minutes. I started putting them away and got distracted. 20 minutes later. UGH! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Putting the remote in the fridge. 

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • @SarahMConnors I have done that with the groceries. :(

My pregnancy brain is so bad that I was all ready to post my latest and greatest and have now forgotten what is was!! :(

BabyFetus Ticker

• @mom2adoodle -- yes to the clumsiness! Granted, I am almost always trying to carry my toddler, a diaper bag, and at least one other thing, but I drop my keys ALL the time.  And if it's not the keys, it's something else.  Thankfully, I haven't yet dropped the kid. This happened to me last time too.  I have a wrist loop on my keys and, when I remember to use it (see subject of this thread), it helps a ton with the dropping.

• At my work we have a meeting at 8:30 every day.  It changed to 8:30 from 8:45 several months back, but again we had it every day.  Every so often I would get distracted and be late for it, but in the over two years I have been here, I'd never miss it, unless I was absent that day.  I have missed it twice in the last week. 
  • At work I'm in charge of our advertising, which includes e-mail campaigns. I work for an interior sign company and we've been running a campaign featuring Fitness Center signs for hotels. I sent out an e-mail to one of the hotel brands we represent for this campaign, but I titled it "Summer is coming! Is your pool ready?" because I was thinking about our NEXT campaign, which is focusing on pool signage. My boss called me out on it. D'OH. I am usually super meticulous and careful. This baby is eating my brain. #ZombieBaby
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • These are awesome!!

I've caught myself multiple times trying to dial my office phone with my computer keyboard. :# It takes me at least a few seconds to figure out why it's not dialing.

• So far the only thing I've done was this morning. I stopped at Dunkin Donuts on my way to work. I gave her a $10 bill and then drove off. My total was $3 and some change. Luckily the lady at the window gave a loud whistle and I realized what I did and backed up. 
    prank april fools day pranks

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • steministsteminist member
    edited March 2016
    Forgot to turn in my receipt for lab supplies again today (now 3 days past due), forgot to approve my time for last week, forgot to clock in this morning, can't remember when my students are gone on field trips so I keep bugging the attendance ladies, planning has gone out the window and with it much of my lesson quality...I'm just glad the last trimester will be over the summer, so I'll have no responsibilities beyond housework!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I forgot I was walking down the stairs and tried to walk forward...completely missing the last 2 steps which caused me to tumble and fall. My knee, ankle and wrist hurt for a minute but I was fine. I just can't believe how spacey I am!

BabyFetus Ticker

• I stopped at my moms and was telling her about the crazy day I had at work, and I was literally forgetting the words for things. But, like, a word every few sentences. My brain can't want to function.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I stopped to grab a snack before I headed to an appointment tonight and ran into someone I work with while the person was making my food. I chatted with them, picked up my good and walked out without paying. Oops!

So, I got chased down the sidewalk by the worker for my dine and dash! My coworker must think I'm nuts and I am
    chalking this boo boo up to pregnancy brain!! 
  • I stopped at my moms and was telling her about the crazy day I had at work, and I was literally forgetting the words for things. But, like, a word every few sentences. My brain can't want to function.
    Same here!  Normally pretty good with words but I can't for the life of me think of what I need to say! For example, ominous became 'you know...scary? Arrrr?'