September 2015 Moms

Baby eating less? 23 weeks anyone else?

My baby is 23 weeks tmrw and i
Am finding he is eating less lately? Anyone else in the same boat? I don't see any teeth coming in, he's drooling a lot tho and hasn't been fussy or change in behaviour... He usually had 6 6 oz bottles maybe 2 of them being 5 oz and now it seems like only 2-3 bottles are 6 oz and the other 3-4 are 5 oz. do babies start to drink a little less? He's not having solids yet? I'm starting to wonder if i should just offer all 5 oz bottles equaling 30 oz. he seems hungry first bottle of morning even tho he only had 5 now and last bottle before bed. Is this normal? 10 oz of this milk is bm the rest formula.

Re: Baby eating less? 23 weeks anyone else?

• Our son just went through this recently too, around 22 weeks...he wouldn't finish his bottles.  He would drink about half, and then fuss, turn away, arch his back, etc. if we tried to offer more.  Good news is it didn't last too long, just a few days and then things went back to normal again...hope it's the same for you!  We also haven't started any cereals or solids yet, just formula.
  • My LO is also 23 weeks and he did this same thing a few weeks ago. It was only for one day thankfully. Not sure why but he went back to normal the next day. Good luck! Keep track of wet diapers though, just in case!