Baby Names
Options

Baby Girl Name - Can't Decide?

Hi! My husband and I are expecting our first girl baby this April and we are struggling with the first name. We narrowed it down to two choices: Kara or Avriana.

Kara is actually our initials combined (KA + RA) so it's something meaningful to us, and Avriana came from the name "Ariana", but I didn't want something so common so I thought adding the "v" to it would give it a unique twist.

The middle name will be Ann and our last name starts with an A. Please let me know which first name you like more! Thanks!!

Re: Baby Girl Name - Can't Decide?

• Options
    As someone who grew up with the initials AAA, please don't do that to your child. They'll be first up for everything in school, even when teachers decide to mix it up and use middle initials. I hated it...couldn't wait to change my name after I got married.

Avriana is kind of a hot mess to me because I'm not a fan of made up names. Ariana is a great name; it doesn't need a random letter stuck in there. Also, I don't think that Avriana Ann A--- flows particularly well.

I'd stick with Kara, though, like PP, I prefer the Cara spelling.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kara, for sure.
    Avrianna is Awful. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    bbiutmcph said:
    Kara hands down. Although I prefer Cara I like the name.

I'm not a fan of made up names and imagine your daughter would spend a lot of time saying no not Arianna no not Avery etc
    Agree
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
  • Options
    Cara is one of my favorite names. I'd definitely choose Kara, although I like the C spelling better, too.
  • Options
  • Options
    There are plenty of real names that are uncommon, but it seems like you have a winner in Kara. 
  • Options
    Thanks for your input everyone!
  • Options
    kara
    avriana is a hot mess
  • Options
  • Options
    Kara.
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013

• Options
    Kara for sure.  Avriana sounds like you were trying really hard to be different and combined Avery and Adriana, sorry.
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

• Options
    Kara for sure. It is a little cheesy, but also sweet so I don't hate it.

Avrianna is dreadful. Really.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Kara is nice and I think the initial thing is cute. I really don't like Avriana.