April 2016 Moms

Scared, excited, and did I mention scared?

edited February 2016 in April 2016 Moms
Sorry in advance for the long post.
I have had chronic HTN my entire life, well controlled on meds. I have also been monitored very closely throughout this pregnancy, and things have been good(ish)
Yesterday I had my weekly NST (I was 32w6d) and when I got there I was 190/112. Sooooooo they sent me over to the hospital. A steroid shot, baby monitor, Magnesium Sulfate bolus (and maintence drip) later, I have officially been diagnosed with Super Imposed Pre Eclampsia. I get to stay here until I deliver, which at this time has been scheduled for 34 weeks, so next Friday.... My little bean has been such a trooper through this entire thing, no issues at all and hasn't slowed down a bit even with the Mag! It's exciting that I get to finally meet her, but I'm sure you all understand the "scared" part... No one wishes to deliver their baby at 34 weeks... Her due date is April 15, but it's looking like I'll be having a March baby after all:( I suppose I'm just looking for some advice, anyone else with experience with this, some laughs, anything really to keep my sanity.....

Re: Scared, excited, and did I mention scared?

• My due date is also April 15 and I also have HTN which has also been closely monitored so I can somehow understand and relate to your situation. I have no advice other than wishing you and your little girl the best of luck and with all hope that she comes out a super trooper. Crossing my fingers for the both of you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry to hear you have that added stress in your pregnancy. Our first board baby is being born sometime today/tomorrow (!) at just over 34 weeks after a hospital stay for broken waters. She would have been your best resource here, but is probably a little out of contact right now ;) 
    We do have some previous pre-e moms on this board, but you may want to check on the high risk board for more responses. 
    Anniversary 
  • I'm so glad they were able to catch it with close monitoring! 
    Good luck and hugs for you and baby! 
  • Hugs mama!! I can't comment on the pre-e but due struggle with preterm labor so I understand your concern there. The fact that you've gotten the steroid injections for lung development is such a positive and 34 weekers tend to do so well, just need a little help sometimes. I'm sure your NICU team will be amazing and LO will be home before you know it. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a safe delivery (when the time comes) and a healthy happy baby and mama!!
    Me & DH - 2009
    Gone but not forgotten: Identical twin boys born at 23 weeks - 2004 
    DS1 - 2010
    DS2 - 2012
    DS3 - 2014
    Surprise # 4 due April 2016!! It's a GIRL.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Good luck! I don't have any personal experience but have had several close friends with 34 weekers. As you would expect there was a short hospital stay for all of them but they are all very healthy kids with no complications whatsoever. And I'm sure you won't be alone here with one arriving a little early, as others have mentioned a fellow April momma is being induced today and only those of us due the first week or so of April have hit the 34 week mark. I think the fact the entire board has now made it successfully past 30 weeks is amazing!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Good luck to you & baby. It sounds like everything is being monitored well and that baby will be okay. Just eat all that green hospital jello & rest while you can. 
  • No advice but sending you positive vibes and best wishes for you and your baby! I'm so glad you have had such care and attention with monitoring due to your HTN - that is the best thing for you and baby and I'm so glad to hear it.  Hang in there, try to relax and enjoy this down time before your sweet bundle of joy arrives. The odds are all definitely in your favor, mamma!  *creepy internet hugs*
  • No advice, but it sounds like you are in great hands and the doctors are on top of things, which is great!! Good luck and sending positive vibes your way! *creepy Internet hugs* 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Sending you positive vibes! I have no experience with what your being monitored for but I am having other issues and praying I can at least make it to 34 wks (2 wks away). We created a bedrest check-in post if you want to check it out. I wish you the best, get some rest, and baby hang on tight!!
  • No experience, but I'll be keeping you and our other April moms in my thoughts! Wishing you the best and sending you love!

• My niece arrived at 34 weeks when my sister's water broke. She spent 11 days in the NICU, but had minimal interventions. I really think the only thing she had was a feeding tube because she wasn't eating enough on her own. She is now a perfectly healthy, spunky 1-year-old. Best wishes on a safe delivery when the time comes. 
  • Thanks everyone! The Neonatologist came in this afternoon and said she's anticipating good things... So that, ontop of all of your warm wishes and inspiring stories has me feeling so much better.... Except that I have to be in this hospital bed for the next week plus...
  • Thanks everyone! The Neonatologist came in this afternoon and said she's anticipating good things... So that, ontop of all of your warm wishes and inspiring stories has me feeling so much better.... Except that I have to be in this hospital bed for the next week plus...
    You're in the most safe place you can be. Rest up and relax as much as you can, especially if your sleepless nights are going to start sooner than anticipated. Good luck!
  • Sending good vibes from another chronic HTN mom! Try to focus on relaxing and getting ready to meet your LO!
    BabyFruit Ticker