June 2016 Moms

Burning/aching back and side pain

Hello ladies! Hope everyone has doing well. I'm 25 weeks today, and holy moly, I feel like my left rib cage is going to snap. Anyone else have back and side pain? Almost like a burning feeling? I have no clue how to get it to subside or go away. I've done the yoga pose where you press your tummy to the floor, heating pad for 10 min on Medium, side stretched. No idea what to do. It's almost like that that burning feeling you get in your shoulders if you're on the computer too long or driving for a long time. I hate complaining because I still have a ways to go and am only going to get bigger! Any tips? Hopefully this is all normal too!

Re: Burning/aching back and side pain

• I have left side rib pain as well that radiates from back to side to front.  I had it with my last pregnancy, too, and never could figure out what the deal was. I'm.seeing a chiro this time and she did some work with my ribcage last visit to see if it would help
     So far, not really helping. I notice it more when I am sitting upright for long stretches. It sucks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have back pain really bad in my upper back/left shoulder blade. Sometimes my left rib hurts too, its awful. Ive tried heat/ice and warm bath with epsom salt it all only relieves it temporarily.
    Daisypath - nBGk

Lilypie - GQnA

• Loading the player...
  • Everyday by noon the middle of my back to the left side kills. No way of sitting seems to help. I try to get up and walk around but that doesn't help either. Arrrgh.
  • There are inversions listed on the spinningbabies website that might help with upper abdomen/back pain. It's quite a bit like yoga's downward dog, but you do a half inversion from a chair or couch. (Preferably with pillows or DH nearby!) Hope you feel better soon!
  • Glad I'm not the only one! So annoying, but all for the great outcome! Thanks ladies!
  • My left rib area has a burning like pain. Leaning forward triggers it and so does having clothes rub the area. Sleeping on my left side will bother it too depending on how I'm laying. If it is not actively hurting/burning, the area still feels tender to the touch. I have no idea what this is. 
  • I've been having the same sensations for weeks now! The only thing that seems to help (momentarily) is changing positions from whatever I was just in. Doing some cat/cows and child's pose has been a temporary relief sometimes too. Hope it stops hurting soon! I know it's awful :/

• Joining the club. I've had a bit of pain here or there for a while but nothing too bad until last night. Left side, severe sharp pains that come and go. I actually cried out it was so bad at one point. Still feeling it a bit this morning. I already feel like everything is pushed up so far it's going to come out my ears. Not sure how I'm gonna make these next 3 months. Yikes. 
  • Make sure your bra isn't too tight. If mines too tight I get severe pain that radiates down my side and through my ribs. 

• So I had the same pain. Left side. Killer. Heat and stretching did not work. I could not figure it out.
    Finally broke down and called the Doc. Guess what she said? It is most likely trapped gas bubbles!
    Hilarious, right?
    So, I bought some Gas-X chewables and the pain has not been back since! I throw down one-two after almost every meal.
    Try it!! I am a new woman!
  • @GinnyJ2012 I thought it might be the bra and that was the first thing I tried. Unfortunately nothing changed. 
    @mnaifresser headed to the drug store asap. 

Thanks for for the tips ladies!