June 2016 Moms

UO Thursday

Re: UO Thursday

• mkemommy said:
    CourtJack said:
    Kballew10 said:
    I thought of an UO. 

I hate bread unless it's for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Cake is almost always gross to me too. 
    But... but... but... cake!  It's okay, just send it to me instead.

WHAT?! Bread is my LIFE. It is my favourite food in the world. You've always hated bread??? I can't comprehend this.
    And now I'm thinking this...gluten free bread is not the same and I'm a little sad every time I eat it (though I'm happy to at least have an alternative).  

Ugh, I did gluten free for over 2 years, thinking it would help my stomach issues. I don't miss the GF bread at all!  I feel your pain.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • HBamama2BHBamama2B member
    edited February 2016
    @almostpriceless I had tacos Tuesday last night (I know, but I felt lazy on Tuesday). :)

Any votes on cake flavor? I'm leaning towards strawberry or chocolate. Maybe even Devils food. Idk. Decisions decisions!
  • No OU, but thanks to the bread thread,  I'm off to make muffins!
  • Maybe not a(n) UO, but the word 'moist' in any context makes me gag. 
    Amen.  It makes me shudder.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Kballew10 said:
    Maybe not a(n) UO, but the word 'moist' in any context makes me gag. 
    I have a "thing" about certain words, to the point of it being so bad, a college girl in our church small group wrote and recorded a song with all the awfulness in one cohesive place. 
  • @HBamama2B CAKE! Are all the flavors an option?! How can you choose just one! 
  • mkemommy- I take my dog to daycare once a week and all of my coworkers think I am absolutely crazy! She's a one year old German Shepherd, if she doesn't go then she will tear everything up at my house with all of her extra energy! 

mrsschmity I've always thought Oprah was annoying too, I just don't understand why everyone thinks she's so awesome. 
  • Kballew10 said:
    Maybe not a(n) UO, but the word 'moist' in any context makes me gag. 
    My DH uses the word "humid..." where one would normally use "moist."  It's because it's a direct translation from his mother tongue, but it's SO weird...
  • @kjo79 I literally gagged at imagining this shirt. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Rosehip15 My DH uses the word "humid..." where one would normally use "moist."  It's because it's a direct translation from his mother tongue, but it's SO weird...
    I would much rather hear "humid" than "moist." 

"Mmmmmm, this cake is so delicious and humid."

or maybe "mmmmmm, this cake is so delicious and un-dry."
  • @kjo79  I totally agree.  Those big flowers and bows drive me crazy.  My niece is 2.5 and has worn one practically everyday and I swear she has a permanent indent in her head from where the elastic goes. 
  • @rosehip15 I'm now picturing the marketing involved in marketing a cake as humid.  

@vikinggirl12, I hate tea too.  All the tea.

I can't think of a UO right now.  I'll come back later if I can.    

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 
  • alileecam said:

I can't help but roll my eyes when I hear people talk about the infant curriculum at their 9 month olds academy. 
    But how are they going to get into an ivy league school without the proper rigorous curriculum from a young age?!!??!!?!!!
    And how can the day care center justify charging ridiculous prices unless they offer said rigorous curriculum???!!??? Seriously, though, I looked into one a few years ago that wanted almost $2000 a month because they taught 6 month olds a second language (Chinese at this one) and had separate art teachers that visited and taught the infants 2x week. BSC.
    A friend of mine sends her son to the Smithsonian museum daycare (she works for them). It's a great daycare, but she said when she got a picture of all the 6-12 months old sitting in front of a work of art at the portrait gallery with someone giving them a lesson she felt a little silly that she was "one of those parents". 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @gray51015 not a native Texan but I think chicken fired steak is disgusting as well :) 

@mrsschmity isn't it convenient that Oprah bought a huge share in Weight Watchers and then lost the same 50lbs or whatever she always loses by doing Weight Watchers? Making sure her profits go up for sure...because she didn't have enough money already.   She irks my nerves.
  • @mrsschmity I wholeheartedly agree about Oprah. I feel like she doesn't stand for one thing, she stands for EVERYTHING. If you have a book/product to sell, she's suddenly on board with whatever movement you're about. There's no possible way that she's a Christian-Catholic-Baptist/Judeo/Hindi/Muslim/Spiritualist/Atheist while supporting misogyny/feminism/LGBT groups and eating clean/Paleo/vegetarian/Burgers (don't forget her Texas lawsuit)/no-Bread-Weight-Watchers. I also feel like she "sells" her friends, like she's just a PR Marketing machine for her entourage. Doesn't she ever feel used? The only thing I've seen her consistently stick with are Stedman and Gayle, and even Gayle has been "sold" before. And @MamaNicoleof3 I canceled my subscription for that exact reason. 
  • Back to me being the anti-UO!  I love headbands for baby girls. I have a near identically opposite story with my MIL.  When we were expecting our first, early on, she said, "If it's a girl, whatever you do DON'T put headbands on her." I said, " I love you and will take a lot of your advice..but if she's a girl, she'll wear bows."  She laughed.  And liked every photo of her on facebook wearing bows.  :)  I just don't think they hurt her.  She never cared and they make them loose now (at least the type we buy).  We prefer clips because bows fall off.  Also, we really only put them on for pictures because she's a baby and they just fell off from normal wear and tear.  Not saying everyone has to, I really don't care, but my kid has a lot of damn cute pictures!  And this one will toooooooooo!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I take that back...As soon as I saw the Oprah GIF I thought of a UO.

Oprah drives me fucking nuts. Especially in her most recent commercial (I think it was for weight watchers??) Just the way she talks about 2016 being "the year of her best body" and how much she says she loves bread. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I feel like she's been talking about weight loss and trying to promote weight loss for as long as she's been on tv. We all love bread. Eat the fucking bread. Be happy with the bread. 

I get the positive message she's trying to send, and that's fine and dandy. She just really bugs me.
     Laughed a little too hard at this. 
  • @Bear14+ But babies pull it off so much better!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ooh I have to go along with the headband and bows deal. I love the little tiny baby sized headbands with cute small bows for girls but oh my goodness people its not the 80s or 90s anymore, your baby could care less what goes on its head!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ooh I have to go along with the headband and bows deal. I love the little tiny baby sized headbands with cute small bows for girls but oh my goodness people its not the 80s or 90s anymore, your baby could care less what goes on its head!
    Ha!  No one does any headwear on a baby FOR the baby.  It's all for the mom.  :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lilwatz said:
    Ooh I have to go along with the headband and bows deal. I love the little tiny baby sized headbands with cute small bows for girls but oh my goodness people its not the 80s or 90s anymore, your baby could care less what goes on its head!
    Ha!  No one does any headwear on a baby FOR the baby.  It's all for the mom.  :)

Yeah and I'm surprised some babies even like that feeling of a tight headband on their head. All I've ever heard from some moms is that their kid pulls it right off after they put it on

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Oh man, I've already ordered a few of the bigger hair bands with flowers...and I can take ruffles on clothes, but I can't stand the bell bottom pants they make...
  • Lilwatz said:
    Ooh I have to go along with the headband and bows deal. I love the little tiny baby sized headbands with cute small bows for girls but oh my goodness people its not the 80s or 90s anymore, your baby could care less what goes on its head!

Yeah and I'm surprised some babies even like that feeling of a tight headband on their head. All I've ever heard from some moms is that their kid pulls it right off after they put it on
    Every kid is different.  My kid could not have cared less for months.  Got a helmet at 7 months and when she was done with it (around 10 months) she then didn't want anything on her head--I don't blame her.  Suddenly she is obsessed with bow clips (she's 16 months, maybe for 2 months now).  We have a bow drawer in the kitchen and she digs through and brings them to us to put in her hair.  Like many at once.  It's adorable.  Bottom line.  If you like bows on your baby, great!  If you don't, fine!  If your baby hates it (or anything not needed for his or her safety and development), then stop doing it.  Common sense here.

Pregnancy Ticker