May 2016 Moms

Wednesday/Thursday Ticker Change 2/24-2/25

Week/Fruit:

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:

Upcoming Appointments:

Questions for the group:

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy?

Re: Wednesday/Thursday Ticker Change 2/24-2/25

• kbrands7kbrands7 member
    edited February 2016
    Week/Fruit:30 The Bump says cucumber...I'm not convinced.

Rants/Symptoms:I'm so tired this week! Part of this is teething wake-ups (DS), part is peeing wake-ups, part is low iron, and part is just feeling like an elephant this week suddenly. LO is still experimenting with positions, so he's moving a lot which is great and fun to watch, but it's also getting a little tighter in there so when he fully changes positions, it's fairly uncomfortable at first. Plus, there were a few days that he kept returning to transverse. Ouch. eta: I'm also a fire-breathing dragon with heartburn this week, and I can't take antacids with the antibiotics I'm on for a UTI. 
    Raves: DS continues to be super adorable with the bump and has started telling the baby "night, night" and giving him a bedtime kiss. He also grabs my shirt up to kiss the bump right after I get and hug and kiss when I get home from work. It's pretty cute and something that he's doing all on his own. LO often reacts to him too :)

Upcoming Appointments: Today after work!

Questions for the group: Anyone else who went into labor earlier last time having a difficult time deciding when to start maternity leave? I have to fill out my paperwork this week, and I plan to ask my OB's opinion today, but I'm having a hard time with this. Ideally, I'd like a few days to clean and hang out with DS before being in the hospital. I went into labor at 39+1 last time, and if this time ends up being a scheduled rcs (if he's breech) then I know I'll have LO during the 39th week. I also don't want to start too soon though, because it's unpaid time. DH is in favor of me starting whenever I feel like it (like, tomorrow if I wanted to just quit, lol), which, though kind, isn't too helpful to me making this decision.

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy? It really depends. There are some things that he's all over and others that he just leaves up to me. He's not as into trying to feel for the baby this time and has said that he's just excited for the little guy to get here at term, but he asks about the baby's movements and interactions and such and he talks about wondering what his personality and looks will be like pretty often. He also has a pretty good idea of what's coming this time, so he was pretty hands off during the second trimester when I felt well, but is more in tune with how tired I'm feeling now, and has asked me about my hips/back/feet. I know when it's swollen foot-rub time, he'll be great about it because he was last time. Being pregnant is pretty much the only time I get massages, but he gave them daily during the last month. :)
  • Week/Fruit: 
    29, TB has weird produce

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: 
    my nose constantly has a slow bleed and I hate it. 

Upcoming Appointments: 
    next week!

Questions for the group:

None

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy?
    Fairly involved, he comes to doctor appointments and listens to all the pregnancy things I feel or read about. He has been really good at making my life easy while pregnant and I think that's how he feels involved. 

@kbrands7 I also have no idea how to set up maternity leave, luckily my boss has been very relaxed about it but I should probably also figure some things out!
  • Loading the player...
  • Week/Fruit: 27/rutebega

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Ditto the constant nosebleeds. I'm already getting so uncomfortable. Do I really have 3 more months!?  Mostly pelvic pain, but also my belly just feels so heavy. PT exercises, my exercise ball, and kegels are helping some. Oh - and something I learned in PT, when rolling over in bed, get on your hands and knees instead of rolling on to your back! Seriously, it sounds strange but it has totally been a game changer! How had I never thought of that? Try it. You can thank me later ;)

Upcoming Appointments: Next Thursday, 28 week appointment. Still haven't gotten the results of my Zika blood test but thankfully baby measured totally normal on the ultrasound at 25 weeks.

Questions for the group:

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy?: He gave me a pretty big lecture last night about taking it easy. I've had really bad pelvic pain (going to PT for it) and I have a 21 month old DD. He has recently started taking her to daycare in the mornings and picking her up in the evenings, so that is very helpful! Lifting and holding her is getting tough already, and I'm not even to third tri ... it's going to be a long three months. He goes to all the sonogram appointments.

@kbrands7 - my DD has started saying "night night Bubby" and kissing my tummy recently too! It's seriously the most adorable thing ever!

I didn't have DD until 40+4 but "worked from home" starting on my EDD with her. I'll probably try to make it close to my EDD this time, although I have RCS scheduled the day before my EDD (so 5/25) so I may just take that week off, or "work from home" that week? I started a new job last May with a really tiny company so I still haven't heard what my CEO has decided about maternity leave ... but I only get 3 weeks of PTO/year so I'm hoping it's not coming out of that. I hate not knowing. I need to ask him about it again soon ...

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

BFP 1: 9/15/2013 | DD 5/23/2014
    BFP 2: 9/15/2015 | EDD 5/26/2016

• Week/Fruit: 29 weeks/something seemingly inaccurate from TB

R/R/S: I'm getting more and more wiped out and my job is getting busier and busier. Baby boy is moooooving!! It's getting uncomfortable but I and DH feel like it's his personality coming out. 

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow and then hospital registration 

Questions: Nope

GTKY: He's pretty excited it. It's our first child and his first boy. He goes to all appointments, but I've told him every two weeks from here on out is a bit much, so he might start scaling that back. He talks to the baby almost every day. And FINALLY he's in hard core nursery mode. 
  • Week/Fruit: 27 rutabaga

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I love his movement, but I hate these constant hip cramps and the lightning crotch.

Upcoming Appointments: next Thursday I have a growth scan, I'm excited to see him again :)

Questions for the group: Nada

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy? He is pretty involved. He likes going to appointments and will usually massage if I ask.
    TTC#1 January 2013, BFP 7/4/13 MC 8/7/13 D&C 8/22/13
    BFP 5/20/14 CP 5/26/14
    BFP 12/6/14 DD Born an Angel on 7/17/15 at 35 weeks
    An Angel in The Book of Life
    Wrote Down Our Baby's Birth
    And Whispered as She Closed the Book
    Too Beautiful for Earth...
    TTC#2 August 2015 BFP 9/10/15 EDD 5/26/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited February 2016
    Week/Fruit: 28/Eggplant/Mr. Burns' Teddy Bear (according to babysizer.com)

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: LO has started snuggling into my left side again, which is cute unless I have to do a lot of walking or standing. The extra weight on that side really pulls at my back on that side, to the point where I can barely stand sometimes. She's been more active lately though, which is really cute when it's not a kick to the internal organs! 

Upcoming Appointments: Monday. Glucose Test.  Rhogam shots. Yaaaayyyyy. 

Questions for the group: None at the moment. Too distracted by history nerd rage over this documentary show I'm watching. 

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy? Outside of the physical stuff like getting the house ready and the financial details, he's really not that involved. Or impressed by it, really. Apparently he has coworkers who worked through their pregnancies and were total badasses about it, and because of that anytime I find myself struggling or ask him for help, he reminds me of it. Thanks, jerk. Sorry that I'm not up to your ideals of what a pregnant woman should be. 

(ETA: Not that I don't think women who work through their pregnancies aren't total badasses - I think y'all are amazing and I'm totally jealous of your strength and determination and all that jazz. But I had HG pretty badly during the first four/five months of my pregnancy, and when we discussed me quitting my job now so that I could focus on resting and hopefully reducing the stress that I suspected was exacerbating the situation (there were a lot of things going on at once right then, and something had to give), he was very much for it. I wasn't planning on going back to work after maternity leave anyways, because child care would have just taken up all of my paycheck and some of his. But ever since then, DH has become more and more impatient and the constant comparisons and variations of "suck it up, buttercup" are really starting to grate on me. Ugh. It's not like I'm asking him to pamper me every second or do everything for me. Just help me out once in awhile because I can't do as much as I used to all at once.)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Week/Fruit: 28/Rollerblade according to Ovia, ha!  Third tri baby!

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:  I'm still raving about how I'm feeling overall.  I wake up every.day. at 4a.m.  I can't help it and it's really annoying.  I'm still working out, but my tailbone gets pretty sore as a result.

Upcoming Appointments:  I just had my GD test on Wed.  Passed with a 90.  Celebrated with a DQ "singles" blizzard.  Amazing.

Questions for the group:  None.

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy?  Really involved!  I don't see a need for him to tag along to the brief doctor's appointments.  Only the A/S at this point.  He touches my belly quite a bit and gives it kisses.

Last night he was playing with our dog rambunctiously and she jumped sideways onto me on the couch and her paw dug into my belly at a high spot.  I think it was high enough where everything is fine and I felt plenty of movement later that night, but it was still scary.  I think my H was the most scared though!  Poor guy had tears in his eyes.
  • Week/Fruit: 30 weeks today, woohoo! Size of a cucumber

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: peeing 3-4 times a time is really getting old

Upcoming Appointments: 3/4, regular bi-weekly appointment

Questions for the group: nada

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy? DH is but isn't involved. He goes to most appointments with me, asks questions on how I'm feeling, and has put together the nursery, but that's about the extent of it. I don't feel like he isn't involved at least so I'm good with things so far.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm a little late to the party....

Week/Fruit: 
    29 weeks yesterday, supposedly the size of a barbie car according to the Ovia app-- However, at my ultrasound a week and a half ago, when I was like 27 w + 4 days, he was measuring closer  to 30 weeks... so who knows if this is even remotely close to accurate. Likely not judging by the size of my belly!

Rants: Peeing a thousand times a night. Ugh. Swelling feet. Double Ugh. 

Raves: Prenatal yoga has been my lifesaver. I really feel like it's making a difference. I've been going since about 15 weeks. It's definitely getting harder as I get bigger, but I think it's helping me stay limber. Which I'm going to need if I stick to my plan of a natural childbirth.

Upcoming Appointments: March 10 for my regular OB appointment, and also another ultrasound. I have a "swimming pool of amniotic fluid" for baby to hang out in so they are keeping an eye on that. 

Questions for the group: not right this second :)

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy? He has been so great this whole pregnancy. He's really stepped up on helping around the house with keeping things picked up, and he's super kind about getting up and getting things for me when I'm worn out, need to keep my feet up, etc. He's super excited every time he gets to feel the little guy move, and he will put his face up to my belly and talk to him quite a bit. He's also taken on quite a few little "projects" for the nursery, and talks a lot about how he can't wait to meet him. Basically, my hubby is the awesomesauce. <3 him.