Pregnant after a Loss

How long should I wait after a 5w2d miscarriage?

Hi ladies. I just miscarriaged at 5w2d and my AF is coming. How many cycles should I wait before I start trying again? Any suggestions?
I heard that it's easier to get pregnant just after a miscarriage. Is that true? Any one here has similar experience?

Thanks!

Re: How long should I wait after a 5w2d miscarriage?

• That sounds like a question for your doctor as there is no way for me to know why you had a mc and whether they may be an underlying problem that medical intervention might help with.

That being said, A lot of people say that about after miscarriage but I've found no actual proof as I've know just as many women to go on to have a cp or mc soon after.  Personally, my doctor is of the belief that there is no reason to avoid once you're healed up.  Some doctors I've heard suggest waiting 1 cycle after.  Good luck!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I am so sorry for your loss. I definitely recommend talking to your doctor or midwife. I had a natural miscarriage and was told to wait one cycle before trying again. I did and got pregnant. Will be 7 weeks tomorrow! Wishing you all the best!
  • Loading the player...
  • My loss in December was at 5w and because it was so early they said I didn't have to wait. I'm 6w today 

• My loss was around 6 weeks, a natural miscarriage. I was told to wait a cycle or two and intended to. But life had other plans for me and I got pregnant right away, we weren't preventing but I was being naive and thought it would take a while, it didn't I am 12 weeks today!   I would visit with your doctor though just to be sure. 
  • Definitely talk to your doctor. Personal health history and the details of your MC play a significant role in what your doctor may recommend. On here, you'll see a range of people who didn't need to wait at all, waited one cycle, or waited multiple cycles. I'm very sorry for you loss, and best of luck with whatever plan you decide is best!
  • Definitely talk to your doctor. Personal health history and the details of your MC play a significant role in what your doctor may recommend. On here, you'll see a range of people who didn't need to wait at all, waited one cycle, or waited multiple cycles. I'm very sorry for you loss, and best of luck with whatever plan you decide is best!
    This!
    I'm so sorry for your loss and wish you all the best