August 2016 Moms

Who have you told?

texasmama2014texasmama2014 member
edited February 2016 in August 2016 Moms
Who have you told so far about your pregnancy?

Who have you told? 103 votes

Everyone! (Including Social Media and my neighbor's dog.)
45% 47 votes
Immediate family only
3% 4 votes
Extended family
1% 2 votes
Family, friends
12% 13 votes
Family, Friends, Work
25% 26 votes
Special Snowflake/Variation of first 5 options
10% 11 votes

Re: Who have you told?

• Dangit. I forgot the "no one" option... :disappointed: 
  • I'm still in the "no one" camp, but I did tell my boss a few weeks ago due to appointments and time off. Otherwise even my immediate family doesn't know...
  • Loading the player...
  • I told work last week. I knew I couldn't do social media until I did that. And where I am transitioning to a new position technically at a new company with a new boss (even thought still in the same building) I was very nervous of when to tell work as I am waiting on my official offer still. Luckily it went great and I got a ton of support!

Social media is next, but haven't had time to make/take a photo (because it seems like it needs to be something cute right?) At this point, by the time we make something I may just wait the 2 weeks to have 1 more appt!

Me - 33; DH - 33
    Dating 1/18/06
    Married 9/21/13
    BFP #1 12/15/15 - C Born 8/27/16
    BFP #2 1/10/20 - EDD 9/8/20

BabyFruit Ticker

• We've told pretty much everyone who cares. I told immediate family at 8 weeks and started telling friends and work around 13 weeks. We made a social media announcement at 14 weeks because we wanted to control when the news got out on social media. There were some people who hadn't found out yet who might have been hurt if they stumbled upon the news (like my step mother, who my dad apparently didn't feel the need to tell even if he had known for weeks...). My MIL was pressuring us because her family is all about the social media and wouldn't have refrained from posting had they known. So we just made the post to control it the best we could on our end. 
    Married 6/20/2015
    Mirena removed 7/6/2015
    TTC#1 July 2015
    BFP 12/4/2015
    Sam born 8/4/2016

• No one except my husband and my doctors knows. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 16 weeks and very very much showing with my second. I had to tell work around 13 weeks because of this. told family at 8 weeks and social media at 13 weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Dangit. I forgot the "no one" option... :disappointed: 
    Count me in. I selected special snowflake because although we haven't told anyone we did have to let my hubby's twin and his wife in on the secret at 10 weeks because we were going out of town with them for Valentines weekend.
    ??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS
  • Made the social media post and all of my friends and family know and future co-workers (start new job next August, so I wanted them to be aware!), but I don't think everyone at my current work/Ph.D. program knows. Today's outfit is the first one in which I think I might look pregnant rather than just like I gained some weight, but I am still not sure people would guess if they didn't know. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • I picked family, friends and work but in reality I've only told my boss, not coworkers. I've told some friends but not all yet. I want to wait on social media until the anatomy scan. 

• We announced on FB.  I'm 14 1/2 weeks and *knock on wood* no complications and we HATED having to watch what we said for the first 12 weeks and my bump is obvious so we don't feel the need to hide if from anyone anymore.
  • We've told most people, but a few friends don't know yet and we haven't announced on social media.  Not really sure why, just haven't got around to it yet.  I'm a little nervous about announcing to the world and I think DH is too.  Maybe this weekend we'll pull the trigger.

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • We've slowly let all good friends know over the past month, and jobs and family know as well. I've still been too nervous to post to social media yet, but we'll have our anatomy scan in 3 weeks, so I'll probable do so after that! 
    Me: 28
    DH: 31
    Married: May 2015
    1 Furbaby
    BFP 11/27/15
    EDD 8/4/16

• We told family around 6 weeks. I told my close friends last week. I'm still too scared to post on social media.
  • I'm 16+3 and we still haven't announced on social media. Immediate family and close friends have known for a while now. We're slowly telling other friends. I think we'll actually wait a couple more weeks to put it on social media. I've warned anyone who I was worried would post anything on social media that if they post before I do, they'll find out when we're pregnant with baby 2 when the rest of FB does. That seems to have worked so far.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • All of our close friends and our family know. Basically, I've told all the people I would tell if I had a miscarriage. I just want to make sure baby is healthy (which we'll know at the anatomy scan at 20 weeks) before tellilng the world of social media.