June 2016 Moms

Twatwaffle Tuesday

edited February 2016 in June 2016 Moms
I haven't seen one started...but I know we all have one!!

Mine goes to a coworker of mine. He does SO MUCH but I'll give you two examples. Last week he hosted a workshop on a mandatory professional development day. Boss tells him to make it 4 hours, district mandates us to have a full day workshop. Well, buddy takes the FULL 8 hours to teach us on this practice that he uses but no one else does because well, we actually teach. His strategy is let the kids teach themselves...and that's precisely what we did for the entire first 4 hours while he walked around and "facilitated" which is a nice word for supervised while he did some online shopping. I'm a b**** so I took pictures of him and sent it to our AP. THEN, he walks into another teachers class to grab something as she's telling her students she is chaperoning a Busch Gardens field trip this Saturday. In front of the kids, he asks why she was asked to chaperone and he wasn't. She is taken aback (because really...who does that??) and says they needed chaperones and she volunteered. He then tells her, don't worry about it my wife and I are cleared volunteers and we'll be attending and walks out. He doesn't tell the field trip sponsor or anyone else because clearly since he's a man he's the boss and can make any decision he likes...

I'll probably write about him every week because he's just the worst. I've got better stories but I needed to get this week's off my chest!

(Conclusion: He's not going. There was an email sent like three weeks ago that he ignored asking for volunteers. Plus, it's too late to change the paperwork. So we're safe)
Me: 30     DH:32
Married: 12/16/12
TTC #1: 06/15  BFP #1:07/13/15
D&C: 08/28/15
BFP #2: 09/26/15
M: 06/03/16
BFP #2: 02/12/18 
L : 7/26/18 (SIUGR, micropreemie)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday

• @ahernandez16 She sounds like a piece of work. If I had a serious diagnosis like POTS, I'd be trying to talk to anyone I could who had suffered through it to hear how they dealt and how the baby was throughout. Does your cousin say anything??

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @ahernandez16 She sounds like a piece of work. If I had a serious diagnosis like POTS, I'd be trying to talk to anyone I could who had suffered through it to hear how they dealt and how the baby was throughout. Does your cousin say anything??
    Right? POTS is a serious diagnosis and it can take years to even narrow down what's wrong. My friend's sister took 3 years to get hers and she's claiming to have gotten diagnosed and heavily medicated in less than a week? Wouldn't the doctors, knowing she's pregnant, try to avoid experimental medication unless it was a last resort? I just. Ugh. 

No, he doesn't. Nobody does. She has a son who my cousin has been raising since he was 3 weeks old who is not biologically his. He's now 2. Our family is all very close, we all get together at least twice a month so everyone is afraid if they piss her off she'll take the baby away and we'd never see him again. When my aunt has confronted her about other things, she's refused to let her see him without her being present to oversee things despite the fact that my aunt practically raised him herself for the first 6 months of his life.

Plus, I don't think anyone wants to accuse her of lying about her health but I feel like it's getting to the point where it's kind of obvious that something is off. 
  • @ahernandez16 - WTF.  That is just sick.  I feel bad for her actually, she clearly has something legitimately wrong with her...in her head.  It really does sound like a mental illness to fake sickness like that.  
  • @Diesel615 We all have that one sibling! And you never want to treat your parents bad but you wanna be like "Kick THEM OUT! LET THEM GROW UP!" I've got one...also my brother. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Diesel615 I was going to type that but I didn't know how to spell munchhausen's.... Lol

I have 2 brothers like that. Granted, they're younger than me but they're still both adults. So frustrating! 
  • @ahernandez16  I have an aunt just like this!! So annoying!!

Today the award goes to my mother! I have a 3 year old brother who is 11months younger than DS. So last night she calls asking me if I could watch him this morning I explain I have a class and wouldn't be able to so she asked my grandma (who i live with). No big deal they've got it under control. Well she asked if I could watch him tonight I told her no bc she needs someone until 10 and DS never gets to bed with him here and he has school in the morning. So again she asks my grandma and my grandma said it is too hard on us with him here that late. She calls me freaking out saying she needs a sitter and this is my grandmas house so we shouldn't have a say! Well mother I pay all the monthly bills, the house is paid off so grandma isn't paying anything (which is fine she provides the house) and the only reason we're here is bc no one else cared enough to let her live with them or move in with her to take care of her!! She comes back to say she could live alone and my mom would come shovel for her. Like are you for real?? She's in a wheelchair she can't reach places to clean, she can't mow the lawn, she needs help getting in and out of the tub, she can cook but it's not easy and if she falls who'd be here to help?? Gosh she drives me nuts! Let her live with you then if you don't like us here!!
  • Ugh you guys have some bad ones today. My sympathies...all these people sound terrible (or at least in need of a slap today).
    Right? POTS is a serious diagnosis and it can take years to even narrow down what's wrong. My friend's sister took 3 years to get hers and she's claiming to have gotten diagnosed and heavily medicated in less than a week? Wouldn't the doctors, knowing she's pregnant, try to avoid experimental medication unless it was a last resort? I just. Ugh. 

No, he doesn't. Nobody does. She has a son who my cousin has been raising since he was 3 weeks old who is not biologically his. He's now 2. Our family is all very close, we all get together at least twice a month so everyone is afraid if they piss her off she'll take the baby away and we'd never see him again. When my aunt has confronted her about other things, she's refused to let her see him without her being present to oversee things despite the fact that my aunt practically raised him herself for the first 6 months of his life.

Plus, I don't think anyone wants to accuse her of lying about her health but I feel like it's getting to the point where it's kind of obvious that something is off. 

Not to make light of her crazy behavior - but have you seen the Penelope skit (Kristen Wiig) on SNL? She sounds like her.
  • Diesel615 said:
    @ahernandez16 Wow, can we say Munchhausen's? That's really sad. I don't get people like that. Hell, I haven't told anyone, even my parents I was in the hospital the other day. I don't like that attention and crap. I don't get it. Hopefully she'll learn her lesson soon and get caught or called out. 

My twatwaffle for the day....well almost my whole life, but has REALLY pissed me off lately is my brother. He's 2 years older than me, yet I'm more responsible and mature than him. He lives at my parent's house with his gf and her daughter (LONG story that just pisses me off even more so I won't get into that). Anyways, my parents are going to FL for a hardware convention for my Dad's company. Well they have a dog and my Dad texted me this morning asking if I can bring the dog to my house while they're gone Wed-Sunday so he doesn't have to go to a kennel......I wouldn't have a problem with this,however, when our dogs are together they pee EVERYWHERE because they're both trying to claim dominance, and the last thing I need is my house smelling like dog pee especially when I have an extra sensitive nose and can smell it and will make me throw up even after "cleaned up." Plus my H and I are gone for work 9 1/2+ hours a day for work, and their dog is not used to being alone for longer than like 5-6 hours at a time. So even more reason to be nervous about leaving him alone. I feel HORRIBLE because my parents watch my dog a lot for me and do a lot for me, but I don't want my house smelling like pee. So I asked my Dad why my brother couldn't watch the dog, and my Dad flat out says he doesn't trust him or my brother's gf. So I'm just EXTRA annoyed because it's not like my brother's busy or anything it's because my brother's an irresponsible, immature brat that can't even be trusted to watch a dog for a couple days. I feel like a twatwaffle saying no to my parents....but I don't know why my brother can't just grow up and be responsible for SOMETHING. I may agree to take the dog for the weekend because my H and I will be able to keep a close eye on the dogs so they don't wander off and pee, but I just don't see it being possible during the week. 

UGH. That is so ANNOYING. I have a sibling like this too. It baffles me how they can't see how irresponsible they are. I'm sorry you're put in that position b/c of your brother. But you have legit concerns! Don't feel too bad - I'm sure your parents will understand.
  • My MIL

For Christmas she gave DH and I tickets to see a broadway musical for March. I was so over the moon excited, and thanked her for her generosity.

Yesterday I found out that she also bought a ticket for herself to come with us. So much for a romantic day in NYC for just me and DH...

I know I probably sound like a brat, but I honestly thought that part of the gift of giving us tickets was that she would offer to watch my 3 yo for the day too, now I feel like it's just going to be an awkward day in NYC of me and DH following around MIL and eating/sight seeing whatever she feels like :-/

No way!!!! Did she not even tell you she was also going? That's SO WEIRD!!!
  • @CourtJack haha! Yes. I have. Totally her. 

Sorry about Dr. Twatwaffle. That sounds extremely infuriating. Maybe you can call back and schedule an over the phone consult with another doctor? 
  • Tawny87Tawny87 member
    edited February 2016
    CourtJack said:

I have to rant today - because I just spent almost an hour and a half waiting for my high risk OB appointment, after my ultrasound (that was over 1/2 hour late starting). So, I wait and I get it - doctors in hospitals are busy - but an hour and a half goes by and finally doc comes in, a doc I've never met, she doesn't introduce herself, explain who she is - I ask her twice but she just keeps talking over me. She gives me the most vague update possible. Well, baby is growing, still small, but growing. That's her analysis of the ultrasound I had. No measurements, no indication of how small exactly - just that baby is small, below the curve still, but growing. She was done in less than a minute, gets up and asks if I have questions. UH YAH I DO. Sit back down. She's visibly annoyed by my asking her to explain what curve the baby is below. How far below? Should I still be worried? I told her last time I was here I was given a percentile - she tells me she can't tell me that, but then when I ask her to explain what curve she's talking about she mentions that the baby's measurements are below 3rd percentile. So I said that seems really low - again she says the baby isn't "abnormally" small, and I don't have to be worried.

She was the worst. I was SO angry that I waited SO long to be treated like crap. She didn't even introduce herself! I hate being high-risk. I want to go back to my midwife. I missed a super important morning at work MOSTLY to wait around and do dick all.

Sorry - still super mad. ON top of it all, I'm still worried that my baby is so small. I have had two 10lb kids- having a small baby worries me. But, that wasn't really that important to this chick. UGH. Sorry. Rant OVER.

She's officially been named Doctor Twatwaffle.

Sorry about the bad MFM appointment. My twins were both IUGR and one was 2nd percentile and one was 5th percentile for weight. I know how scary that can be. Just wanted to let you know that even though my girls were born at 3 lbs and are still tiny at 2 1/2 (22 and 24 lbs) they are very happy, healthy and smart!
  • I just figured out my twatwaffle for the day, my BIL, big shocker. I was doing the dishes and wondering where all our dishes and silverware were. I just went into the basement and found tons of dirty dishes down there... Um really? You are 25 and living here for free. Take the f-ing dishes upstairs!!!! I ain't your mommy, even though I probably do more for you than she does! He has to be out by the 1st, I keep telling myself I can make it 1 more week without having a coronary...
  • CourtJack said:
    My MIL

For Christmas she gave DH and I tickets to see a broadway musical for March. I was so over the moon excited, and thanked her for her generosity.

Yesterday I found out that she also bought a ticket for herself to come with us. So much for a romantic day in NYC for just me and DH...

I know I probably sound like a brat, but I honestly thought that part of the gift of giving us tickets was that she would offer to watch my 3 yo for the day too, now I feel like it's just going to be an awkward day in NYC of me and DH following around MIL and eating/sight seeing whatever she feels like :-/

Nope, for Xmas she gave us each an envelope and inside was a note that said something along the lines of, "Good for one ticket to a broadway musical of your choice in March 2016!" When we made plans for which musical we wanted to see we told her which day worked for us, and then inside of buying two tickets, she bought three. I'm still annoyed about it. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • CourtJack said:
    My MIL

Nope, for Xmas she gave us each an envelope and inside was a note that said something along the lines of, "Good for one ticket to a broadway musical of your choice in March 2016!" When we made plans for which musical we wanted to see we told her which day worked for us, and then inside of buying two tickets, she bought three. I'm still annoyed about it. 
    Wow...!
  • CourtJack said:
    My MIL

That's some real life sneakiness right there! I would be sooo irritated!
  • @courtjack That's terrible!  I was so glad when I no longer had to go to the high risk doctor.  They were nice but it was never the same doctor and I had to explain our situation every time!

My stupid in-laws are my twatwaffle for this week!  They have no boundaries and it drives me nuts!  My MIL called my husband and said she wanted to take my DS to get his pictures taken and get him an outfit to wear for the pictures. (of course, nothing I would put him would be good enough)  My husband told him that we have a lot going on right now but maybe in a couple of weeks.  She texts me later that night and says that this Saturday would work the best for them, despite what my husband already told her.  Instead of standing up to her, my dh called her and said that was fine.  She then called me to tell me they also want to take him to Build-a Bear for his Easter present but my ds won't be able to pick out what he wants because my FIL already picked out what he wanted him to get.  Yeah, that will be fun for him!  At this point, just buy him a stuffed animal!  They are just so controlling and passive aggressive and my dh refuses to stand up to them, so it never gets better! They are truly one of the only things we ever fight about!

• gray51015 said:
    CourtJack said:
    My MIL

Thanks, you guys make feel a lot more justified about being annoyed. If she tries to pull something similar to this again come Christmas I think I'll just say no thanks- I'm just not sure how to go about it politely.
  • CourtJack said:

I have to rant today - because I just spent almost an hour and a half waiting for my high risk OB appointment, after my ultrasound (that was over 1/2 hour late starting). So, I wait and I get it - doctors in hospitals are busy - but an hour and a half goes by and finally doc comes in, a doc I've never met, she doesn't introduce herself, explain who she is - I ask her twice but she just keeps talking over me. She gives me the most vague update possible. Well, baby is growing, still small, but growing. That's her analysis of the ultrasound I had. No measurements, no indication of how small exactly - just that baby is small, below the curve still, but growing. She was done in less than a minute, gets up and asks if I have questions. UH YAH I DO. Sit back down. She's visibly annoyed by my asking her to explain what curve the baby is below. How far below? Should I still be worried? I told her last time I was here I was given a percentile - she tells me she can't tell me that, but then when I ask her to explain what curve she's talking about she mentions that the baby's measurements are below 3rd percentile. So I said that seems really low - again she says the baby isn't "abnormally" small, and I don't have to be worried.

She was the worst. I was SO angry that I waited SO long to be treated like crap. She didn't even introduce herself! I hate being high-risk. I want to go back to my midwife. I missed a super important morning at work MOSTLY to wait around and do dick all.

Sorry - still super mad. ON top of it all, I'm still worried that my baby is so small. I have had two 10lb kids- having a small baby worries me. But, that wasn't really that important to this chick. UGH. Sorry. Rant OVER.

She's officially been named Doctor Twatwaffle.

UGH! I'd be spitting nails. To wait an hour and a half to get a half-assed assessment of your baby's health is BS.
  • gray51015 said:
    CourtJack said:
    My MIL

Thanks, you guys make feel a lot more justified about being annoyed. If she tries to pull something similar to this again come Christmas I think I'll just say no thanks- I'm just not sure how to go about it politely.
    The most polite way to say no thanks would be to casually forget that there is a deadline for the gift. "oh my gosh, we have been so busy I completely forgot to look and see what show we would want to go to! I'm so sorry..."
  • CourtJack said:
    My MIL

That's freaking weird. Lady needs to get a life. 
  • @CourtJack: Oh hell no. That's unbelievably unprofessional. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that!

Twatwaffle for me today is:
    1. Person at work. Seriously makes it a personal mission to be as obnoxious as possible while being as combative as possible.
    2. My network outlet in my office. It's busted, and I have to play "let's fix the interwebs" after work when all I want to do is curl up with a bowl of cereal.

My twatwaffles are rather mild by comparison....y'all have some doozies today. My sympathies.
  • Mine is our UPS man..he has always been really good about not ringing the doorbell and just leaving stuff, until the other day. Our dog was outside and barking at him. Now, he has to walk up our drive (gravel and on a hill), down a sidewalk, and up our porch. He did this, followed by our dog, and banged on the door and rang the doorbell about 8 times. Ok, so annoying, but thankfully after nap time. I open the door to get the package and catch him in our drive, picking up a rock to throw at my dog. Did I mention our dog is a weenie dog mix? He weighs about 20 lbs and doesn't even rea ch my knees! Plus, when the guy bent over, Doug  (the dog) ran the other way. So I yelled "don't throw rocks at my dog!" And the guy said "he was going to bite me"...yeah, no. Doug had ample opportunity to bit him on his trip to the door. Plus, our drive has huge rocks in it! I am expecting packages today and I really want to let the dog out when he comes by again. I complained to UPS, but  I want to see if he'll do it again. This guy also left a package for my mom in the middle of a field, on a trailer, at my uncle's house bc of dogs and reported it as delivered to my mom's house on her porch (a mile away).

P.s. this is the vicious dog, yes, under my kids...
  • Ugh. These are BAD today! I'm sorry!
  • MamaNicoleof3MamaNicoleof3 member
    edited February 2016
    Also, I've had to report our UPS guy, too, and it was an absolute joke. He FLIES down our road (totally residential with kids every.where). The neighbors and us (we?!) have all yelled at him multiple times to slow down and he never does, so I called and his supervisor had the nerve to tell me "well, he's going to speed limit, which IS 30." Um, yeah, under perfect conditions, it's 30. When there are kids running back and forth across the street playing? How about you go 10? Or less? Because there's no way in hell you're stopping that huge ass truck if one of them decides to dart out in front of you. 
  • Well, it's my principal...AGAIN! But It's just the longest rant ever so I'm going to save all of you that reading. I don't know how I'll survive another 3ish months of her. 

I'd also like to give the honour to H...he is driving me insane today. Everything he does is frustrating me to an unhealthy level. He leaves crumbs & other crap all over the kitchen, throws all the utensils into the same spot in the dishwasher (when the cutlery divider is literally RIGHT there, & completely empty)...& is just getting on my last remaining nerves overall. Come to think of it...maybe this makes me the twatwaffle because I am just so annoyed by him. Hmm...

Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

SaveSave
  • I totally reported him and, if he does it again, H works with his supervisor's dad. I got connections and I'm not afraid to use them!

• @sdnybrk That's shitty! We once had a meter reader open the gate where our dogs were standing barking at her and then she pepper sprayed one of them. Some people are just too stupid.

My twatwaffle today is my new car. We got it in late December and have probably had to take it to the shop every other week since we got it. Today it's my tires which are apparently filled with nitrogen instead of regular compressed air. So instead of just filling them myself, it's back to the dealer I go. Seriously, my 11 year old car had fewer problems!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @meggyme What kind of car is it? We bought a Jeep less than a year ago. I love it, but it's in the shop once a month for recalls or something making a sound. So annoying. 
    DS born 6/2/14 #2 due 5/31/16

• @tjenkins528I have another friend with a Jeep with the same issue. Mine is a 2015 Toyota highlander. Turns out this time I had a nail in my tire, but I'm still convinced my car is cursed.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • My twatwaffle is a bit of an over share and sounds super stupid in comparison to some of the nonsense y'all are having to put up with, but anyway... My twatwaffle is the hemorrhoids that just appeared out of nowhere. Wasn't constipated or straining or anything. And bam. Massive hemorrhoids. My husband thinks it's a joke (which might make him a twatwaffle too). But I'm so uncomfortable and in so much pain no matter what I do. Nothing seems to help!! 
  • I'm having the same issue and its definitely not fun. :) I've been using witch hazel on cotton balls or small towl and leaving it in the area and warm baths and it seems to relieve the annoyances fairly quickly. Hope you find some relief soon. 
  • @AllieBear87  I'll have to give the witch hazel a try!! Thanks!! 
  • Witch hazel helps a ton. When mine got bad last PG, I'd soak a cotton ball in it, press it right to the area and then walk around like that for awhile. You can also try pushing them back in-
    sounds gross, but it helps so much! Just
    do it in the shower ;)