March 2016 Moms
Options

Team Green - what are your guesses?

Team Green ladies - Especially lately, everyone I run into is guessing if my little baby will be a boy or a girl. I thought it would be fun to share what you and your DH guess your baby will be and why, then share if your prediction was correct! 

Re: Team Green - what are your guesses?

• Options
    Since the beginning, I have the feeling we're having a boy. But for the past couple of weeks, I've been saying she. So I have no clue
                                                                                  image

• Options
    Everyone keeps telling me I'm having a boy based on how I'm carrying it. I hear it so often, I'm starting to believe it! It will be a fun surprise :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    From the beginning I thought girl because my symptoms were the same as when I was pregnant with DD and I was carrying very wide, but around 32 my body changed completely and now I have a big basketball belly!! So I have no idea, but I'm leaning towards Team Blue at the moment! 3 more weeks!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I was team green but we found out by accident when the 20 week ultrasound tech forgot to remove a picture that said girl. Up till that point, I was 100% sure we were having a boy. It was a happy surprise! Even now, at 38w5d, people think I'm carrying a boy cause of how my belly looks/old wives tales. 
  • Options
    I'm voting boy.  But I thought boy last time also, and I was totally wrong.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So I appearantly lack motherly instincts (FTM thing?) cuz I honestly don't have an inclination one way or another. Baby is due in 9 days so we'll find out soon enough I guess! We'd both be happy either way but I think DH would like a DS for our first...
  • Options
    People have been calling for a boy for us since early on too.  :)  We decorated in navy, grey, white and green. Our nursery will likely be home to baby # 2 eventually too, so I didn't want to make too much of a commitment with colors one way or another.  I feel like the colors we chose can be neutral or boy.  The little girl colors aren't as flexible for sure!  Although, others don't seem to find those colors as neutral as I do!  One of our family members just asked us if we knew the baby was a boy and were just pretending not to know. We thought that was pretty funny!  We are looking forward to meeting this little one and finding out if it's a baby boy or a baby girl. I can't wait to hear that news from my husband once the baby arrives!
  • Options
    BrittaniLCBrittaniLC member
    edited February 2016
    I thought we were going to be having a boy. Maybe it was because we both were wanting a boy, but we ended up with our little Lily. We wouldn't have it any other way and are in such love with her. 

DH did remind me that I did have a dream that the baby was going to be a girl. I remember now waking up and telling DH about it and then rubbing my belly saying you better be a boy. Man I was so wrong about it being a boy!

Also, about 90% of people guessed it was a boy too!
  • Options
    Everyone keeps telling me I'm having a boy based on how I'm carrying it. I hear it so often, I'm starting to believe it! It will be a fun surprise :) 
    This was me. Only THREE people guessed girl, everyone else (even strangers) were convinced boy. It was a girl. ;) The next time, people were less confident but I still got a lot of "oh, you look like you're carrying a boy" comments. It was a boy. Apparently I just look like I'm carrying boys regardless of whether or not I am!
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    dotharyk said:
    People have been calling for a boy for us since early on too.  :)  We decorated in navy, grey, white and green. Our nursery will likely be home to baby # 2 eventually too, so I didn't want to make too much of a commitment with colors one way or another.  I feel like the colors we chose can be neutral or boy.  The little girl colors aren't as flexible for sure!  Although, others don't seem to find those colors as neutral as I do!  One of our family members just asked us if we knew the baby was a boy and were just pretending not to know. We thought that was pretty funny!  We are looking forward to meeting this little one and finding out if it's a baby boy or a baby girl. I can't wait to hear that news from my husband once the baby arrives!

Same here - people think we secretly know we are having a boy because we bought some clothes in blue or with things like dinosaurs on them. The boy colors are way more flexible than the girly clothes. It will be such a fun surprise!  
  • Options
    also, i get an even mix of "you look like you are carrying a [whatever guess]" remarks, and they are always conflicting! (looks low/high so boy, looks low/high so girl, looks all in front so boy, looks all in front so girl). guess all you want, i don't mind, but i hate when the guess is based on my appearance!

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Options
    I have also had people tell me it's a boy based on how I'm carrying...including the employee at Office Depot who thought it was ok to come up to me while I'm paying and rub my belly without any warning or conversation. She got the look of death. 

But we haven't talked about it much, honestly. People ask us way more than we have even discussed about it at home. Our RE did not look for the sex at 20 weeks because he doesn't care what it is if we don't want to know. Although he had to measure legs and what not and I didn't see anything popping out at us so I'm going to guess girl. 

My dad is remarried to a woman with 2 girls, the youngest being 40. They have not had a girl on her side of the family since then. My sister also has two boys. My cousin has two boys. So I guess you could say the pressure is on for a girl!
  • Options
    I have thought boy from the beginning for a couple of reasons... This may be crazy but I had a tarot card reading way back before I was even pregnant and the psychic kept talking about how she saw a baby in my future. She said we would conceive quickly anytime after December of 2014 and the first time we tried in June of 15 we were pregnant. She also said the baby was a boy. I'm not convinced on that alone but I also have just felt like its a boy and most of the other things she talked about regarding my career and marriage were spot on. 
    also, not sure if anyone else does the test where you swing a needle over your wrist or belly but that also predicted boy. Sounds silly but it made me believe more so that we're having a boy.
    lots of the old wives tales point to girl though... Chinese calendar says girl, apparently I'm carrying high, sweet cravings, had morning sickness, etc. the HR varies but has been above 140 more often than not.... My gut still thinks boy though. We shall see!!!
  • Options
    I'm thinking girl and so is dh. But I thought girl the first time and we had a boy. So who knows?? This pregnancy has been very different than my first. Getting excited though!!!!