September 2016 Moms

Monday Bitchfest 2/22

Let it out ladies!!

Me: 26     DH: 25
DS1 -- 9/30/2016

Re: Monday Bitchfest 2/22

• mamajen10414mamajen10414 member
    edited February 2016
    My bitchfest is about myself. I completely forgot this week I had to call in for jury duty. So of course I didn't call last night and remembered at noon today and called. Yep, I was supposed to be there at 8am today. I called the two numbers on my sheet and no answer. I was already on the brink of tears today, just one of those days, this just pushed me over the edge. 

Edit: my autocorrect doesn't like the word bitchfest 
  • I've only gained 4-5 pounds but how my clothes fit it looks like 15-20.  I put on this shirt over the weekend and almost cried.  I cannot wait till my blump turns into a bump.

Today's bitch goes to my coworker.  I am eating lunch at my desk, my keyboard is off to the side, my food is in front of me, a tv show is being played on my screen and my headphones are on, like cannot be any more obvious.  She then asks me to look at this work thing that either could have waited or have been an email and then talks for like 10m.  Then after walking back to my cube she follows and keeps talking.  I then just sternly said I will address it after lunch. This is not the first time she has done this, once I was across the building talking with someone and she found me and had like 5m talk that once again could have waited, how rude.

• Loading the player...
  • I really f****ing hate my insurance.  On top of the other crap now we have to look at the most affordable option for the CA Prenatal Screening program (NIPT vs. blood draws & NT ultrasound) and whether my doctor thinks this testing is needed.  Since this is not "medically necessary" and my company is a self-funded insurance plan we get to pay cash.  We've already reached our $3k deductible and since we're paying it off still we don't have the extra cash lying around to pay the $700 that would be required at time of service.  I hate feeling like I have to pick between making sure our baby's health is okay or paying other bills.  Rant over.
    Me - 33  DH - 36
    DD 10/4/02
    DS due 9/28/16

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Today I'm having my first full day of nausea...not fun ever, but especially hard when teaching physics to high school kids who wish it were spring break already.  Plus, no one at work knows yet, so I can't complain to them!  Today's my 11wk ticker day...I thought I should be getting better, not worse! :angry: 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Jabreen said:
    Today I'm having my first full day of nausea...not fun ever, but especially hard when teaching physics to high school kids who wish it were spring break already.  Plus, no one at work knows yet, so I can't complain to them!  Today's my 11wk ticker day...I thought I should be getting better, not worse! :angry: 
    I was coming to bitch about the same thing. I've been having nausea here and there and lots of food aversions but I've been managing. Yesterday and today it's been non stop with the nausea. I can't look at anything or smell anything without wanting to puke. Yesterday, I nearly barfed after eating a plain toasted bagel. WTH? I'll be 12 weeks on Tuesday and was also thinking things would be getting better. 
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Why do doctors have zero respect for the patient's time? I understand that things happen. (You could always expect my RE to be late. He took extra time with patients as needed, especially when there were losses and complications.) But why did my 9 am appointment run until 11 today? I had a 10 minute ultrasound and spoke to the nurse and then doctor for possibly a total of 30 minutes. It's a constant thing with the doctors that I've seen in this area. Forget the fact that I actually have a job that I need to get back to....geez.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• @Jabreen @LizC216 I feel you with the late onset sickness! Had minimal nausea until 11 weeks then all hell broke lose... hoping it dies down now I'm over 12 weeks!

Picked up my toddler yesterday from her few day sleepover at the in laws and was all ready to ship her back first thing this morning when she painted the dog and floor with bright orange finger paint and dumped a bag of cheezies all over the floor while I was rushing to bathe the dog before my client came over!
  • I had two nausea & vomit free days on Friday & Saturday. It was glorious. Then, Sunday afternoon, it hit. We're not talking light summer storm, here --- we're talking Hurricane Katrina-like shit. I yakked three times. This is deeply concerning because while I know I am most likely close to being out of the woods, I will be on a five-hour plane ride this Saturday. Pray for me. 
  • I am on the same boat with the terrible nausea. MS started just before 5 weeks for me and it's been hell! I don't want to take meds for it because I'm already taking anxiety medication and don't want to add anything more to the mix. But it is so bad that I am extremely thankful that I don't work anymore. I've been spending all day in bed for almost two months because  getting up to get ready to leave the house will trigger terrible vomiting and I can't keep things down (not even water!) until I'm back in bed or the couch. So I've  literally limited my activities to two or three a week! Last time I went grocery shopping, I puked three times in two hours. Dear morning sickness, you're a bitch, kthxbai. 
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @ElcaB - Get puke bags! I'm serious! it's gross to thing about, but it's much better to vom in a bag that can be tossed then not make it to the toilet in time. I keep a stack in my car and they've been sort of a lifesaver.

• I'm back to work after a week off (I am a teacher) and puked twice at work today. However it WAS on my prep time. Still, Not fun!!!!!!!
  • @ajn092 our insurance isn't the best either- no genetic testing is covered. Not sure how to work around it, so when I go to my 12 week scan I've got to talk with my doctor, see what we can get covered.

Not to mention the idiots in the benefits department of DH's job "forgot" to update my information so all of my prenatal care thus far has been wrongly denied. So. Many. Bills. UGH! Waiting for them to get their stuff straight so I can get these bills taken away already.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • ***TW Loss mentioned***

The doctor at the hospital where I completed my MMC in September didn't order the genetic testing we agreed she would order. As a result, I can't get NIPT testing covered this pregnancy. If I get a positive NT test, then I will qualify but not before. This is a doc I saw for 5 minutes. She really didn't seem to care about me at all. She came for 5 minutes at the beginning, prescribed suppositories to induce labour and left. When it was time to check if I could be discharged, she sent a student who didn't know the answers to any of my questions and gave me the WRONG information. I'm so frustrated right now.

Me: 30 | DH: 32
    Together since 2008 | Married 2012
    TTC #1 October 2014
    BFP #1 October 2014 | CP #1 October 2014
    BFP #2 November 2014 | CP #2 December 2014
    BFP #3 June 2015 | MMC at 16 weeks September 2015
    BFP #4 January 2016 | EDD September 12, 2016 | Baby Ducks born September 5, 2016

• UGH I guess we are all in the same boat right now!! Hugs to everyone. 

Nausea is the bane of my existence and it makes me a terrible person at work and at home. 

My insurance apparently "does" cover genetic testing but every time I call they have a new way of "how my doctor has to authorize it." It is so effing annoying. 

• My toddler is exhausted but won't take a nap so he's in a shitty mood.  I was counting on this nap in order to take my own nap, so now we're both in shitty moods. 
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• My bitchfest is regarding MIL. Don't get me wrong, I have seriously great ILs, but while out with them she gave DD some of her Diet Coke (again!). DD is only 17 months old, and we don't even do juice with her. I don't want her having something with caffeine, artificial sweetners, and God knows what else in it. I wish DH would say something to her about it since it's his mother, but that won't happen. 

• @SarahMConnors sorry to hear about the benefit's dept. screwing up.  That's incredibly frustrating.  Hopefully they can turn things around quickly.  I'm not sure how much you can get around the insurance not covering genetic testing.  I can only speak to my experience but my insurance will only cover any testing if there is a history of genetic disorders in our family (families) and/or if I will be 35+ at the time of birth.

FWIW, I've been doing more research today and, for us, it looks like it will be significantly cheaper to do NIPT testing (either MaterniTi21 or Panorama).  With MaterniTi21 it would be $200 - much less than the normally recommended option which would cost us $700.  Now we just have to decide if it's worth risking a false positive when I'm not high-risk...

@mom2adoodle sorry to hear about all the hoops they keep throwing at you.  It's like they think they can change the rules mid-game.  Ugh!
    Me - 33  DH - 36
    DD 10/4/02
    DS due 9/28/16

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @camichael84 my dad does that occasionally too, they watch my son two days a week.  Apparently he "can't say no to everything".  I'm reaaaallly trying to be relaxed about it, because it's free childcare and they do a pretty darn good job most of the time.  In laws are a different animal though! 
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• @camichael84 OH my... I would've freaked the hell out. DH gave DS a good amount of jelly a couple months ago (around the same age as yours). It was originally a PBJ but LO ate solely the jelly. I was so pissed. Now every time I go to give him straight up PB he screams at the sandwich and throws it  :s
  • We drove home from a long weekend visiting mil today. We stopped to get gas and let LO take a break and to get a snack. I asked DH if we should just eat and make it dinner and he said no, we'd get dinner later and we should just make this stop a snack. Fine. I order a snack. He ordered a frickin' whole meal! I got upset, he said it was a snack for him and we would eat later (it sounds like he dictates when we eat--he doesn't. We were just, I thought, agreeing on a travel meal plan) but to order more if I wanted. I got a small something else because I was hungry. 

Fast forward to now, 5 hours later. He is cleaning up his inbox from work and has been for 3.5 hours. Meanwhile, I scrounged up stuff to feed LO and put LO to bed and there is no dinner in sight. I am so mad. And hungry. Made myself a bagel but it's not the same. Anyway. I could go get food. But I guess I'd rather sit here and be pissed. Oh, pregnancy. 

Sorry for how long this is. 
  • We drove home from a long weekend visiting mil today. We stopped to get gas and let LO take a break and to get a snack. I asked DH if we should just eat and make it dinner and he said no, we'd get dinner later and we should just make this stop a snack. Fine. I order a snack. He ordered a frickin' whole meal! I got upset, he said it was a snack for him and we would eat later (it sounds like he dictates when we eat--he doesn't. We were just, I thought, agreeing on a travel meal plan) but to order more if I wanted. I got a small something else because I was hungry. 

Fast forward to now, 5 hours later. He is cleaning up his inbox from work and has been for 3.5 hours. Meanwhile, I scrounged up stuff to feed LO and put LO to bed and there is no dinner in sight. I am so mad. And hungry. Made myself a bagel but it's not the same. Anyway. I could go get food. But I guess I'd rather sit here and be pissed. Oh, pregnancy. 

Sorry for how long this is. 
    This sounds like almost like my evening. We had a super busy weekend so I didn't want to do anything yesterday but lay on the couch, which means I didn't go grocery shopping. We pushed it to today and I even offered to go this afternoon after DS Drs appointment but DH wanted to go with me so we went after work. He was hungry and asked what I wanted to eat, I was super gassy and not very hungry and I let him know that. Please freaking explain why how that meant that no one could eat because I said I wasn't hungry. So he is pissy walking through the grocery store and I ask what his problem is.. His answer is he is hungry. I told him that he should've picked some place to eat and that it wasn't my fault. What a damn child! I didn't realize I drove our whole family's dinner plans. So now the kids and DH are whining because they are still hungry and waiting on a pizza to finish cooking.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • @RedMar The first time, I freaked out. I don't know what to do at this point. It's no secret that we are picky with what we give her. They gave her chocolate milk once and still go on about how "they messed up". I'm far less bothered by chocolate milk than soda!

My DH gives DD ketchup and she'll just eat the ketchup and avoid anything else on the plate when she has it. If it's not around, she'll eat like normal. I'd be pissed if he gave her jelly. Especially if it caused her to stop eating PB without it.

• @AnnaS930 eat all the donuts!!!!!!!!!
  • @AnnaS930 She clearly is miserable and tries to make herself feel better by trying to get validation for her lifestyle choices. Ignore the noise and enjoy your doughnuts! :) How did the rest of the office take the news? I'm thinking of doing doughnuts too with a cute saying on how I can't be the only one with a belly this year. 
    Married: 3/21/15
    First time mom to a human but have been a puppy mamma for over 12 years :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• @blondie080300 thank you for that - she is a miserable person.

The rest of the office is VERY excited! A few knew already, or found out on facebook last night (I'm friends with a few) but they were super excited.  I sent out a room email with the subject "Craving doughnuts?" and in the body it said "I am!! As many of you know now, we are expecting Baby 2.0 in early September. Enjoy some of Frosty's Doughnuts on the table to join in our excitement (and my cravings!)" And signed it as me, my husband and first son.  Everyone loves doughnuts, and it took some of the focus off me. They could only ask so many questions with mouths full of pastry.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AnnaS930 I love the email message! Great strategy! :)
    Married: 3/21/15
    First time mom to a human but have been a puppy mamma for over 12 years :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• @blondie080300 - I'm a big fan of the group emails. People here start their day a bit staggered between 7-8:30, so they came in and were like "Oooh! Doughnuts!" Then got to desks and read the email and had lots of congratulations trickle in all morning... some at my desk, some emails. Good mix.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • is it me, or does anyone else think it's rude when someone doesn't invite you to the "reveal party" (when they invite everyone else and their mamas family) but when it comes time for some shower gifts....oh hi remember me? Wanna buy me a baby gift cause your invited to my shower?!    No thanks, still waiting for a thank you for all those Christmas presents I bought your three other kids.

PS, this is supposed to be "family"   

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • I had the stomach flu on Sunday. I spent all day violently throwing up and my ribs and abs are so sore. I can't lay down comfortably and even two days later in still feeling it. Ugh. I have taken so much Tylenol (because I also had a fever) but it isn't doing anything for the muscle pain. 

I second the annoyance with the insurance. My husband lost his job last year so we have insurance through covered California. Turns out that it covers everything except the delivery. I applied for mediCal but between our four part time jobs, we make just enough to not be covered. I have such a low pain tolerance (and my husband was 10lb 15oz at birth) that I definitely want drugs but it's looking like unless we want to go into more debt (yay student loans!) as of now I'm having this kid at home drug free
  • @ajn092 thanks ;) I'm going to talk to my doctor when I get there next Friday and see what she thinks is best.

Isn't insurance just the worst sometimes? I thought I was smart too- I signed up for Aflac Hospital insurance, thinking I had another year before getting knocked up. Yea. I finally was able to meet the agent and sign up in January. Well, it doesn't cover if you give birth within 10 months of the policy effective date. Dang it. :neutral: 

@seitzy3 I feel you. I had an acquaintance I made through work about 5 years ago, left the job about a year later. We've seen each other once since then, and mostly only keep in touch through Facebook- liking each other's pictures and whatever. She got pregnant and invited me to the baby shower. Those are the kinds of invites that make you think... really? Not that close in the first place, I mean friendly, sure, but why else would she invite me to her baby shower if it wasn't just for a gift or to bulk up the guest list? Maybe I just took it the wrong way, but it annoyed me. And nope, I didn't go to the shower. It would have required me to take off of work!

@sporty1216 UGH! I know that pain! It's the principal of it- they should be considerate!! Especially when you have a LO already! One time I came home after a long day, looking forward to eating with DH- maybe going out for a bit. Came home to him surrounded by empty Panera wrappers and boxes. The turd ate without me! I told him I was upset and I got "You're an adult, you can feed yourself." You better believe I went out and got food- I went to my favorite bar which was 15-20 minutes away and ordered amazing nachos, which I ate there. Sometimes men just don't think.

@annas930 I know that feeling! I have a co-worker who went on Weight Watchers and was waaaaay over the top for a while. I'm talking post-its on EVERYTHING with points values. She also went into excruciating detail about everything she ate. I mean EVERY. THING. I was on Weight Watchers too but I didn't feel the need to broadcast my food choices to the universe or impose my system on the rest of the office. My dad's side of the family is bad that way too- all super healthy and active- and yes that's great, but when they provide dessert and then add the "wow, those are so fattening, you'd have to run 5 miles just to burn that" - knowing full well this girl does NOT run. People suck! Don't let them rain on your food parade ;) I hope you ate her donut and then some! I love the group email idea too. So cute! I may do a spin off of your idea at my morning job- more people and they all love donuts. The nutty coworker fell off the bandwagon and gained all her weight back, so she will belly up like the rest of us I'm sure. Such a cute idea though!

BabyFruit Ticker