February 2016 Moms
Options

Holy crap breast feeding is good for losing weight!

I've been eating like a horse, three three course meals a day plus extensive snacks, and since the birth I've lost 24lb, and am now only 6lb over my pre pregnancy weight. I also have massive bazongas. It's like I went through the looking glass into this magical land where diets didn't exist. Your mileage may vary - but. If you're on the fence about breast feeding I'd say seriously give it a go. Also don't listen to the nay sayers. The nurses at the hospital said I had weird nipples, would need to supplement, and that my baby would be better off having a bottle. A week of demand feeding at least every three hours, usually more often (sometimes back to back feeds for two or three hours) and baby is putting on weight as far as I'm losing it, And I have a new fun trick of making milk squirt across the room. 

Re: Holy crap breast feeding is good for losing weight!

• Options
    PS she does still have bottles of my expressed milk. When the boobs are hurting and need a break! The pump is much more gentle than barracuda baby. Don't seem to be having any issues with nipple confusion.
  • Options
    I was kinda banking on that last time, but unfortunately, I couldn't shed lbs that easily last time. I gained 35, lost 20 easily in the first couple of weeks, then struggled so much to lose 5 more for the next year, then gave up with the remaining 10. And I breastfed for a year. 
    This time I gained 35, lost about 15 easily so far but we will see how the rest goes.
    September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh man- I've been avoiding the scale like the plague! Haha! I had so many women tell me bfing would melt the lbs off but I'm was to tired to care about weight or fitting into anything other than sweatpants right now. I'm sure that attitude will change once I have to put real clothes on again :) 
  • Options
    I gained 30 and shed 23 so far. No exercise until 8 weeks pp due to my hysterectomy. I'm only shy of 2 weeks pp so it'll be a while, but walking will help. I'm hoping BFing will shed a couple pounds at least! I'm thinking it's less the BFing and more the forgetting to eat. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• Options
    I'm FF and at an appointment 10 days after birth had lost 21 of the 25 I gained
  • Options
    I was just thinking this today! I gained 15lbs with my pregnancy and I've already lost 17. So I'm 2 lbs under where I started. Love it! I read somewhere that breastfeeding is equivalent to walking 7 miles a day. 
  • Options
    Just some advice, I lost all my baby weight from my first two kids within just a couple weeks. This time I have already lost it all at just a week out. However, eventually you will stop BFing. I was so used to bigger portions and not really worrying about calories, plus when you start chasing toddlers you just aren't as conscious about eating healthy. I gained a lot of it back. Just something to keep in mind after you wean... that's when the weight loss gets tougher. I'm planning to be much more mindful about it this time.

• Options
    Yup, what @g8trkim said. In my case, my supply dropped and I had to up my calories/fat just to make enough for DD, which caused weight gain. Then, at a year, DD started eating less, and I gained probably another 5lbs unexpectedly. And those p*rn star boobs? Yeahhhh, those won't be sticking around. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I was at a loss of 15 by the time I delivered my two. A couple of weeks PP I was down a total of 25 from my prepregnancy weight. I have not weighed myself since.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yahh, I wish. I not only gained weight after my last LO, but I couldn't lose the weight at all, BECAUSE I was bfing. 
  • Options
    I have no idea how much I weigh now vs pre pregnancy, do they check weight at the pp check up? I just know my clothes do not fit and I don't plan on doing any exercise, so idk how much of my loss is from BF and how much I would have lost had I ff. 
  • Options
    oh yes. Babies and boobs are awesome together. I am doing everything I can to not give up. 
  • Options
    Yup! Gained 46lbs gave birth 3 weeks ago and down 23lbs. I've been eating like a pig and still losing weight.  I highly suggest it!