Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

FFFC

13»

Re: FFFC

• Options
    anj27 said:
    @letyourheartbeyourguide how are multiple accounts used in catfishing?
    I don't know that they usually are. Though the BMB catfish I was thinking of involved the first account, which was active in the BMB for the whole time, then her partner showed up after the baby was born and was posting. And long story short, the whole thing was made up - so that one crazy person made two accounts. 

Usually, though, I think someone makes multiple accounts to either troll/stir the pot or to return after being banned.

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Options
    @letyourheartbeyourguide, interesting and super creepy. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DiFazette said:
    @letyourheartbeyourguide - that may have been us in May '13. Stolen sonogram/baby photos from overseas.  And that wasn't nearly the worst of it.

@whiska - nothing to add that the above didn't cover.  I don't want to get into specifics other than that someone hung on a BMB for over a year as an imposter, stole someone's photographs of their children and passed them off as their own, then shit got really crazy.  I don't want to re-live it all.  

We may feel at times that people here are our 'friends' or that we know them, but we're all strangers on a similar journey of working towards a baby.  No reason to trust people more on this board than any other stranger off the street.  Sorry if that sounds jaded... 
    Yeah, I trust strangers off the street with detailed information about my sex life and CM quality all the time.
    If you don't share your real name or photo or anything identifiable, you can anonymously discuss those sorts of things without a problem. I suppose the difference is when people post that AND also have it linked to their real life identity. I saw a girl I know IRL here and knew it was her because 1) her avatar was a picture of her, 2) her screenname had her initials, and 3) she posted something which included her name, her husband's name, and what state they live in. Is that enough for some random stranger to find her in real life? Probably not. But I knew who she was.

So if you want to anonymously discuss sex and CM and anything else, there's nothing wrong with that. But you never know if an old classmate or colleague or neighbor or relative is on here, too, in addition to any random lurking creepers. Internet safety 101 says don't use your real name, photos, or anything identifiable.

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Options
    DiFazette said:
    @letyourheartbeyourguide - that may have been us in May '13. Stolen sonogram/baby photos from overseas.  And that wasn't nearly the worst of it.

@whiska - nothing to add that the above didn't cover.  I don't want to get into specifics other than that someone hung on a BMB for over a year as an imposter, stole someone's photographs of their children and passed them off as their own, then shit got really crazy.  I don't want to re-live it all.  

We may feel at times that people here are our 'friends' or that we know them, but we're all strangers on a similar journey of working towards a baby.  No reason to trust people more on this board than any other stranger off the street.  Sorry if that sounds jaded... 
    Yeah, I trust strangers off the street with detailed information about my sex life and CM quality all the time.

@britters314 - not sure where you're going with that. Whether you're joking or snarking - I'm not amused.  I'm not suggesting that we don't do what we do here, people asked questions about being catfished and it generally happens when people become overly invested in a strangers life.  This went much deeper than what I've disclosed - personal info - addresses, phone numbers, stalking.  I was just trying to make a point that we can all be 'friends', but don't get overly invested or trusting.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options

@Lecool - I won a pair of free leggings yesterday and they arrived today (local consultant). I didn't get to pick the pattern and I'm not over the moon about them, but for free, I'll take them! 

@kirby1220 - I had no desire to see Deadpool, but then I read an article detailing the all nude fight scene. I texted DH to see if he knew this and I jokingly got back "Duh, why do you think I'm going?"

@letyourheartbeyourguide - I lurk other boards.  I saw a post a month or so back on the baby names board of someone that was trying to name their "all girl quintuplets". Too bad it wasn't true. Maybe try something a bit more believable. Let's see if I can find the post. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    atcwag said:

@letyourheartbeyourguide - I lurk other boards.  I saw a post a month or so back on the baby names board of someone that was trying to name their "all girl quintuplets". Too bad it wasn't true. Maybe try something a bit more believable. Let's see if I can find the post. 
    Darn. Don't think I can link from mobile. But if you search "quints", you'll find it on the baby names board from 1/9. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @atcwag also unrelated to catfish, I have two pairs of LLR leggings and one Cassie skirt. LOVE. I'm going to an in-person pop up tomorrow and plan to try on some dresses - I'm more hesitant to order a dress online without knowing how it fits.

@lecool there are some LLR legging prints that aren't crazy busy, like a solid color with a simple one-color pattern, which can be a good way to try out patterns. I bought these (this isn't me) and like that they're more neutral-ish than some of the wild prints:

• Options
    antoto said:
    Snip
    I think it's safe to say that @vtcaitvt = @VTKatie = @DCHokiemom

THREE AE's, eh? 

Interesting. 
    Holy cow.... why?
    I created DCHokiemom because I didn't want all the crap and pics with my daughter associated with my VTKatie user name.....there was a catfish on my BMB and I just wanted to start over. Now that name is banned for who knows what. 
  • Options
    Ahhhh! My conversion is I'm totally going to revive/zombie this thread when I get my laptop in on Monday (it broke late last night). I can only see half of page two before the app freaks out. :( And I can't bump at work. 
  • Options
    I don't participate in the WTO/TWW threads because we're now/have been TTA.

That being said...
    I don't honestly care if/where people post, but I don't really get why people come to this board if they aren't actively TTC. I mean, it's understandable if you had been and then you are benched or TTA for a cycle or 2, but I've seen people give intros and join when they aren't planning on TTC for months. I'm genuinely curious why.
    I'm not TTC, and I'm still here because I was actively TTC for four cycles before we decided to take a break for college-timing purposes. I tried to head over to BOTB because the Benched/TTA thread was not nearly as popular as it is now, but... have you ever been over there after being on the TTGP board regularly? It's just not even close.
    Andplusalso, I feel like this is my home. I may not have been here that long in comparison to some, but until I get my (hopeful) BFP in the future, this is where I feel I belong. I don't contribute as much as I wish I could thanks to schooling and a crappy work schedule, but I'm here until I honestly shouldn't be anymore.
    Andplusalsoagain, I'd rather have people join and lurk and participate on the Benched/TTA thread for a couple of/however many months and get to know the community and how we function than jump in and make an ass of themselves and be a general douche bag because they didn't think to lurk since they had their account already.

I have another FFFC. I just got super pissed at hubby because I wanted to go out to dinner since we haven't had a date night in weeks, and he's out shopping for my valentine's day present. I should be happy he's thinking of me and buying me stuff, but I'd rather get nothing for V-Day and instead spend a date night with him.
    And V-Day obviously means Valentine's Day, but I read it as Vagina Day, even though I typed it...

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    PennStateCaitPennStateCait member
    edited February 2016
    @vtcaitvt NOW we match kind of usernames! It's probably all the wine I've drank tonight but I'm weirdly excited about this!! From one Cait to another...

eta: finally read through this whole thread. Maybe no cheers? Since you might not be a Cait and instead a Katie? I'm confused.

Me: 28  DH: 28
    TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    Dx: Both tubes blocked, PCOS, DOR, RPL
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    Instagram: KateDoesIVF

• Options
    Fffc: I got really uncomfortable when reading the uo thread. I felt like I could not participate because I didn't know what would be thrown at me!! 

Also fffc, Vday theme: I really dont like chocolate much! At least, not unless I am on my period. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    BelcherEarsBelcherEars member
    edited February 2016
    @longliveregina couldn't agree more about the UO thread. I was a little late to the party so it had turned pretty heated by the time I would have been able to comment -which I was disappointed about. Topics discussed (restroom accommodations) were actually very relevant to my job as it is my responsibility to understand the laws and create a safe and accommodating working environment for my company's employees (all employees). The regs governing the topic discussed actually go much deeper and broader than just the transgender community. I really wanted to weigh in on this issue but it had become too hostile that I felt any contribution I attempted to make would not be well received by either side at that point. 

Edit: words & clarity

Me: 27 - DH: 33

Married: June 2011

TTC #1: January 2016

BFP #1: February 22nd 2016  MC w/ Misoprostol: March 21st 2016 -Blighted Ovum

BFP #2: July 6th 2016  EDD: March 15th 2017

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

M17 October Siggy Challenge: Animals in Costumes

• Options
    I managed to never watch The English Patient even though I'm a huge movie buff (I even had it on one of those honking two-tape VHS sets they used to sell), until tonight!

1) Young Voldy can. Get. It.

2) I kinda feel like Elaine.

Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• Options
    BelcherEarsBelcherEars member
    edited February 2016
    @MissAmeliaPond when I'm home alone with the dogs and not expecting anyone, I do the same thing.  Unfortunately one time I did that when my neighbor needed help. She rang my doorbell and I didnt even get up to peek and see who it was. She had caught her gas grill on fire - think 2-3 foot flames shooting up the side of her house (thankfully it was brick). She was able to get it turned off but was crying and a nervous wreck. I felt awful and baked her some cookies. 

Me: 27 - DH: 33

Married: June 2011

TTC #1: January 2016

BFP #1: February 22nd 2016  MC w/ Misoprostol: March 21st 2016 -Blighted Ovum

BFP #2: July 6th 2016  EDD: March 15th 2017

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

M17 October Siggy Challenge: Animals in Costumes

• Options
    OT: The catfishing stories in the thread and the sheer amount of lurkers that came out of the woodwork for the UO inspired me to change my pic and handle, so it's Lizzie5831 now GhanimaAtreides (in case it's slow to change).
  • Options
    NovaSaysNoNovaSaysNo member
    edited February 2016
    So my phone and the app are slowly letting me read/post (anyone else having this problem, the app just goes blank over and over?).

First, THAT'S what happened to @PocketFullofShells?! Wow. I miss her. :(

Second, I can't remember who said it (on page two I think but I'm too scared to navigate in case it kills the app again), I totally understand the thinking it's weird to be obsessed with your animals. I absolutely am with mine but one (she passed away a couple years ago) literally saved my life while I was in my bad relationship. I almost attempted suicide (pills in hand) and the only thing keeping me from doing it was her laying her head on my and looking at me. I never had a "cry for help" attempt, I was prepared that morning until her. I just couldn't. Now this dog (in the pictures) is so in tune with me that when I have night terrors (with zero training) she will stand on my chest and rub my face with hers to wake me up. Anyway I know the second half of your confession was that you loved yours too and I thought that was hilariously awesome that you had both as fffcs. :)

The catfish thing is actually really freaky. I lurk around old bump threads/boards and found a few (a couple of the ones mentioned). It was just super creepy. Just gross.

My actual fffc (Saturday really) is that I never expected things to become so heated the other day and am sorry to those who were hurt or offended. I know I didn't say those things, but for whatever reason I feel like if I hadn't started the thread maybe it would have been a chill day. I really enjoy this site and all of you. Just wanted to throw that out there. :)

Sorry for any typos. On mobile and am working fast before the app crashes again.

Edited typo... I'm sure there are more but app is getting glitchy again.
  • Options
    Also, while this is still working, I don't always participate in the wto threads (still just wto so no tww yet) because I feel like it's just the same thing, or I don't have time/too tired after work. Some days I also just feel down about it and it's easier to come back when I'm feeling better. That's just my two cents though.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    *** Dirty Filthy Lurking - Siggy Warning - Can't Resist a Dune Reference ***
    OT: The catfishing stories in the thread and the sheer amount of lurkers that came out of the woodwork for the UO inspired me to change my pic and handle, so it's Lizzie5831 now GhanimaAtreides (in case it's slow to change).
    Why though? I mean, Ghani was the most tediously boring Atreides after Paul himself. There are just so many better choices, like, I don't know, the entirety of the BG after the scattering. 

Or Alia. Alia definitely fits better, with all those lurker/catfishing conspiracies hiding in the woodwork. 
    I grew up with the movie and the 2000 & 2003 miniseries. I'm positive I'd agree with you once I read all the novels. My second choice would've been Irulan Corrino... the two conversations going at once thing is kind of mind-blowing. Alia was the coolest thing since sliced bread as a child, as regent... ugh, that whole going mad talking in your head overanalyzing everything part got boring for me. I think mainly I picked Ghani because I like the idea of being preborn, just not the abomination part.

I definitely want to read all the Dune novels next, I'm still in book 5 of Outlander. I'm afraid if I delve into Dune now I'll never touch Diana Gabaldon again. 

Edit: words (oh yeah, Irulan poisoning Chani the way she did does not bode well in a TTC forum.)