Pregnant after a Loss

I can't sleep

Hello, in October I had a MC at 9 weeks, it was a surprise pregnancy as I was on the pill.... We have 2 healthy kids 5 and 7 DH and I were so excited that we decided it was meant for us to have another baby. I will be 12 weeks tomorrow, I have had several great OB visits just 2 weeks ago heard a great heartbeat but no matter what I can't stop worrying about this baby. I literally lie awake At night thinking and praying this baby is ok. Anyone have any advice to help me sleep?

Re: I can't sleep

• Distraction.  I've found that I need to get into a good frame of mind before bed lest my nerves (plus my ADHD) make my mind run rampant through every possible future.

I've been reading the Stephanie Plum novels (Janet Evanovich) to get my brain in a happy/funny place, taking a nice bath, and having a snack like peanut butter toast (because a full belly is a happy belly.

Good luck!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Part of it may be hormones disturbing your sleep. So you wake up and think about what's bothering you. As somebody who has sleep problems (and mine have been going on for more than 4 years now), you just need to find what works for you. Massage before bed, shower before bed, adding more exercise into your routine, a glass of milk, meditation, music, reading, books about coping with loss, therapy, etc. There are many threads about how to cope with anxiety on this board. In the end it is individual. I have found pregnancy to be kind of a waiting game and you eventually just need to let it go, as it's not good for anybody. Some days you may do better and some worse. And that's ok.

But I know that not sleeping sucks in like 5 different ways. GL>
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga