Pregnant after a Loss

Hearing the heart beat

Today we got to hear our babies heart beat for the first time. It was the most wonderful noise ever. I'm only 8 weeks and 5 days along so the heart beat was still a little faint. But it was there. It was 160 beats per min. It might be a girl. But i thought i would share this good news. I'm very excited that baby is doing great. 

Re: Hearing the heart beat

• Aww, yay!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• edited February 2016
    Congrats! My appointment is in 12 days to see the hb on u/s so it's so nice to hear about a good experience! I haven't heard a healthy baby hb since my firstborn son so I'm excited and nervous
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • That's the best sound!

Although... don't put too much thought into what it means... ha ha... all my boys were in the 180s for the first like 12 or 14 weeks... all 5 of them :)
  • Such a reassuring sound! My daughter's HR was always 150s, my baby boy that is going home from the hospital as we speak was 170s early on. Boy or girl, 160 is a strong heartbeat.
  • Using my home doppler to listen to beans heartbeat is the only thing keeping me going at the moment, HR is 165bpm! I am currently 10+1 weeks, I don't have an ultrasound until 3rd March. Finding it hard to stay positive after a previous ectopic and missed miscarriage last year.
  • I know your feeling. I have been using my home monitor to. Yesterday i freaked out cause i couldn't find baby. But i finally calmed down and found the little stinkers heart beat. I just turned 10 weeks today. So i passed the week i lost my last pregnancy. I'm feeling more relaxed now. I hope all works out for you and baby. I'm sure everything will be alright. 
  • What an exciting moment! I know I'm gonna start crying once I hear the heartbeat. Won't be 8 weeks until 3/9 so a couple more weeks to go. My loss was in May of last year and was 7 wks 4 days when I started spotting & cramping. I feel really good about this pregnancy, things just feel different. Taking it a day at a time.
    Mommy to Gabriel (12) and Isaiah (10) and Step-Mommy to Danely (17), Diego (9) and Leo (4). Trained doula going for certification!
    5 losses (2002-6 wks, 2004-9 wks, 2005-11 wks, 2015-7 wks & 5/27/2016-19 wks) 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker