Two Under 2

Baby #2 appointments: what to do with baby #1?

I'm pregnant with baby #2 and baby #1 is 5 months old.  I am a sahm with no family in the area so I will be bringing #1 with me to my ob appointments. My husband is going to take off work during the appointments as much as he can but it won't be possible for every one.

What do I do with baby #1?  She's too heavy for me to carry with the car seat in from the parking lot and I feel like her stroller would take up too much room in the exam rooms.  I have a carrier but it says not to use while pregnant. I could carry her up without the car seat but then what do I do with her when I need to get on the table?  

Am I over-thinking this?  What do you supermoms do?

Best Answer

Re: Baby #2 appointments: what to do with baby #1?

• Thank you so much!
  • Loading the player...
  • I second the vote for a stroller. That's how I survived OB appointments and well child checks once #2 arrived.

Now that #4 is on the way, I've admitted defeat and schedule around available sitters and DH's work schedule because taking 3 kids with me is finally too much.
    Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.
  • I would bring the stroller and hope she's in a good mood. DD came with before we told family and even with DH there she was not good...she was about 15 months then though.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am 37 wks and DS is 16 months. I have had to take him to almost every appt up until now. I just grab our umbrella stroller as its slim and takes up the least room. Its worked out fine so far