Trying to Get Pregnant

Walgreens Digital Ovulation predictor

I am frustrated.  I will start off by saying that.

I temp and use the Clear Blue advanced opk (with the flashing and solid smiley face).  I am right in the middle (or end if I ovulated) of my FW but I knew I was running out of strips a few days ago so I ordered more on Amazon.  Amazon's 2 day shipping is failing me right now and they aren't here yet.  I used my last strip this morning...  I have been getting high fertility for a couple days, so expecting peak fertility any time now.  I have to test 2 times a day to catch my peak.

Since my strips aren't here yet, I stopped on my way home from work to get an opk test.  I didn't want to spend a butt load of money since I already have what I need on the way.  I am used to digital so I bought the Walgreens digital ovulation predictor (which comes in a pack of 7).  I have never used this brand before.

So I get home, open the stick, and it starts blinking all the symbols and error messages before I even pee on anything. I wait a while, and it keeps going crazy so I put a stick in there and pee anyway.  Still blinking like crazy so I call the 1-800 number and they say sorry about your luck you got a dud, we will email you tomorrow to help resolve the issue.  Obviously I tell them I am very frustrated that this test is time sensitive and I really need it to work so I can test right now and in the morning...

So finally,  here is my question:

Have any of you used this brand, and if so, what does the actual stick look like usually after you pull it out of the digital reader? 

I peed on them anyway since it's all I have and I'm a little desperate, and one line shows up each time.  I know on all the regular opks there are 2 lines (the test and the control)... and on my clear blue advanced when you pull out the stick there is 2 lines as well that you could manually read if you didn't want to stick it in the digital reader.  But what does only one line mean on the walgreens digital?  Maybe it means nothing, and maybe walgreens brand is impossible to read without the digital reader.  I'm just annoyed that I could miss my peak and when my regular ones I use are here tomorrow evening I could be wasting them because I could have already missed my peak.

Me: 31    DH: 36

Married since 11/25/2013

#1 (bio)  born 01/18/2006

#2 (bio)   born 09/08/2008

#3 (step) born 02/17/2009

#4 (our 1st together)  EDD 09/09/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Walgreens Digital Ovulation predictor

• @sugarpixxie2 - You know that you're more likely to have more "high" days on the CBAD sticks if you take them multiple times a day, right?  Per the instructions, at least.

As for the Walgreens part, I haven't used those, sorry.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• I am frustrated.  I will start off by saying that.

I temp and use the Clear Blue advanced opk (with the flashing and solid smiley face).  I am right in the middle (or end if I ovulated) of my FW but I knew I was running out of strips a few days ago so I ordered more on Amazon.  Amazon's 2 day shipping is failing me right now and they aren't here yet.  I used my last strip this morning...  I have been getting high fertility for a couple days, so expecting peak fertility any time now.  I have to test 2 times a day to catch my peak.

Since my strips aren't here yet, I stopped on my way home from work to get an opk test.  I didn't want to spend a butt load of money since I already have what I need on the way.  I am used to digital so I bought the Walgreens digital ovulation predictor (which comes in a pack of 7).  I have never used this brand before.

So I get home, open the stick, and it starts blinking all the symbols and error messages before I even pee on anything. I wait a while, and it keeps going crazy so I put a stick in there and pee anyway.  Still blinking like crazy so I call the 1-800 number and they say sorry about your luck you got a dud, we will email you tomorrow to help resolve the issue.  Obviously I tell them I am very frustrated that this test is time sensitive and I really need it to work so I can test right now and in the morning...

So finally,  here is my question:

Have any of you used this brand, and if so, what does the actual stick look like usually after you pull it out of the digital reader? 

I peed on them anyway since it's all I have and I'm a little desperate, and one line shows up each time.  I know on all the regular opks there are 2 lines (the test and the control)... and on my clear blue advanced when you pull out the stick there is 2 lines as well that you could manually read if you didn't want to stick it in the digital reader.  But what does only one line mean on the walgreens digital?  Maybe it means nothing, and maybe walgreens brand is impossible to read without the digital reader.  I'm just annoyed that I could miss my peak and when my regular ones I use are here tomorrow evening I could be wasting them because I could have already missed my peak.

Pretty sure digital tests aren't able to be accurately read without the reader.  They work differently.

• Loading the player...
  • @mrsdho11 I don't know what you mean about having more high days??  I don't really care about the high days anyway, what I'm looking for is my lh surge which is the peak day.   I normally have 1-2 high days and then a peak day, but really I'm only concerned about the peak day.

@lulucooks thank you for your input.  My clearblue can be read with or without the digital reader (only for the lh surge) so I was hoping others had experience with what the walgreens brand looks like.  I will say that is my first and last time buying it!

Married since 11/25/2013

Pregnancy Ticker

• @sugarpixxie2 - as in you might get a false "high" and wind up testing for more days before you get your peak (thus using more tests).  Sounds like you don't have that issue though.  They do say that you should still the correct peak day.

• sugarpixxie2sugarpixxie2 member
    edited February 2016

@mrsdho11 I gotcha... I didn't realize that.  Those suckers aren't cheap either hence the reason I ordered on amazon for half the price they cost at walgreens.  But they aren't here on time so I drop $$ on the cheaper Walgreens brand and get a dud!   Should dropped the big bucks in the first place.

I went straight to google and actually learned a lot about how digital pregnancy tests work....  which for the record, if anyone is wondering,   there can be 2 lines under a digital pregnancy test even if it's negative because those can also detect you lh surge- they use the same strips/patents for some of them so if you see 2 lines under a digi pg test you are not totes ktfu lol.   But no info on going bsc on digital opk lines.  *Sigh* 

edit for words

Married since 11/25/2013

Pregnancy Ticker

• @mrsdho11 I gotcha... I didn't realize that.  Those suckers aren't cheap either hence the reason I ordered on amazon for half the price they cost at walgreens.  But they aren't here on time so I drop $$ on the cheaper Walgreens brand and get a dud!   Should dropped the big bucks in the first place.

I went straight to google and actually learned a lot about how digital pregnancy tests work....  which for the record, if anyone is wondering,   there can be 2 lines under a digital pregnancy test even if it's negative because those can also detect you lh surge- they use the same strips/patents for some of them so if you see 2 lines under a digi pg test you are not totes ktfu lol.   But no info on going bsc on digital opk lines.  *Sigh* 

edit for words

The digital HPT is why I said I thought they worked differently.  I knew you couldn't read those and figured it worked the same for all digital tests, good to know you can read the clear blue ones without the reader.

• @lulucooks  I didn't know about the digital hpt tests but I found myself in the rabbit whole of google answering questions about it that I didn't know I had!!  Student 4 lyfe haha

Married since 11/25/2013

Pregnancy Ticker

• That's a pretty benign Google rabbit hole to go down.  Sometimes I get sucked into one and then think, "oh No, I hope no one looks this up anytime soon, I swear I'm not a criminal/murderer/whatever"