High-Risk Pregnancy

Negative first trimester screening but positive second trimester

Hey everyone! I'm 26 years old and pregnant with my second daughter, my first daughter was born with gastroschisis so I was high risk. This pregnancy I've decided to do the sequential screening, my first trimester blood test was normal, the nt scan was fine and my ultrasound at 17w 4d was normal but my second trimester screening came back elevated. I've chosen to do the MaterniT21 test so I'm impatiently awaiting those results. Has anyone else had this happen and had a positive outcome? 

Re: Negative first trimester screening but positive second trimester

• Also, I was wondering how far off your due date would have to be to have it be off? 
  • I just went through this. We had normal blood work and nt scan in the first trimester. When we did the second trimester blood work there were two proteins outside the acceptable range and we were given 1 in 95 odds of having a baby we Down syndrome. At our anatomy scan everything looked fine but our doctor said 50% of Down syndrome babies show soft markers and 50% don't. We opted for an amniocentesis and got the results last week. Everything was fine. No chromosomal abnormalities. I know how stressful waiting for the results were so I feel for you. Hugs! Hope everything turns out okay for you too!