Pregnant after a Loss

Worried or anxious? Try this advice I got from someone

I just found out I am preggo last Sunday and posted a question on how to not spill the beans too early. Someone gave me this advice and I simply LOVE it I'm going to pass it on to everyone! And the best part is it's not only applicable to how to keep pregnancy a secret for a bit (if so desired), it applies to helping with nerves and anxiety experienced during pregnancy after loss. Here's the advice...

"My only suggestion is to set small goals, mine were make it to tomorrow, make it a week, make it to your next appointment.  I even have countdown calendars on my phone in the beginning I had one for end of 1st tri, end of 2nd tri, due date, next u/s, next appointment, baby shower, and gender reveal.  I know it sounds insane, but those numbers kept me sane, now I'm down to only two counters; my due date and my next appointment" 

I love this nugget of advice. I plan to use it the rest of my pregnancy. I tend to worry a lot and get very anxious and impatient and it helps for me to have something to hope for, set goals for and look forward to. My first hope and goal: my 6 week u/s, where I'll get to see baby's heartbeat. The next are my two starting appointments in March, and so on. It has already helped so much already with calming me down, giving me peace of mind, something I can set my eyes on til the next thing and the next. 

Hope this was as helpful to someone else and blesses them as much as it has me:). 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Worried or anxious? Try this advice I got from someone

• You have truly blessed me with this wisdom piece, thank you thank you @bntfroggie

• I love that advice! Thank you @bntfroggie and @mrsbenjamindaniel. Is there a specific countdown app that you used on your phone?

<3 *Loss & bfp mentioned*

me 28 (Lean PCOS, hypothyroid) dh 33
    TTC #1 since early 2011
    May 2011- natural pregnancy (metformin only); m/c @ 9 weeks + D&C
    July 2011- lap to remove dermoid cyst
    August 2012-current- 9 rounds of Clomid, 1 cycle of Femara, several cycles of soy isos, 1 IUI, O'd every cycle, BFN
    August 2014- lap to remove uterine septum. Everything else looking good.
    Moving onto IVF Feb/March 2016 Just kidding. Natural bfp 1/30/16.
    1st beta 2/1 = 110. 2nd beta 2/3 = 332.

First ultrasound 2/19 - one baby with a heart rate of 127! EDD 10/11/2016

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I wondered that too:) @2015dee

• @mrsbenjamindaniel and @2015dee I have an Android and use Days Left Widget.  It isn't pretty, but gets the job done, no need to upgrade.  I hope it does wonders for your sanity.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Oh my gosh. Pregnancy advice that actually helps! ;) Thank you.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Got my countdown app set up. 13 days til first ultrasound. 57 (give or take two days) until the second tri. I can do this!

TTC #1 since early 2011
    August 2012-current- 9 rounds of Clomid, 1 cycle of Femara, several cycles of soy isos, 1 IUI, O'd every cycle, BFN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited February 2016
    @2015deeMy u/s is the same day as yours:) I'll be thinking of you during yours too, I hope all goes wonderfully 

• I'll be thinking of you too!!! We can make it!

TTC #1 since early 2011

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Love it! Downloading the countdown app now!
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • That is very good advice. I think i may try that out. Another thing that has helped me is writing in a journal about how i love baby and i can't wait for this long journey. And i also right down when i first saw baby and the heart beat and heard the heart beat. It really helps. But i am going to try the countdown thing as well. 9 weeks today. This is around the time i lost my last baby. So im really praying and trying to get to week 10 and so on.