Pregnant after a Loss

First pregnancy after natural MC - nerves galore!

fmannino85fmannino85 member
edited February 2016 in Pregnant after a Loss
Hi ladies! This is my first time posting on this board, but congratulations to you all!
a quick backstory, I had a miscarriage at 6w5d the beginning of December. Completely devastating, as I'm sure you all know and understand. Listened to OB's orders to wait for one cycle before trying again. We hit it on the money and I got my BFP last week. I'm 5w2d and my anxiety/nerves have been getting the best of me. I had some dizziness and light, intermittent cramping before I got my BFP. Now all I feel is completely bloated and gassy (sorry for tmi), with occasional cramping but that has lessened over the past week. No other symptoms. My first appt isn't for another 9 days, so needless to say my anxiety is getting the best of me and I'm worried something isn't right. I was doing well with being positive and was excited when I first got my BFP. Now I'm just so worried something is going to go wrong. I hate feeling this way and having so much doubt. I want to enjoy everything as much as possible, but my thoughts and fears just get the best of me. I appreciate any words of advice! Thanks for listening/reading! :smile: 

Re: First pregnancy after natural MC - nerves galore!

• Oh, I am right there with you! I had a m/c at close to 9 weeks, but that was almost 5 years ago. We've been TTC ever since and were just about to do IVF (I literally was going to start taking pills to begin IVF hours after taking a pregnancy test). It feels unreal. And I know what can go wrong, but I SO want to enjoy this. I hope the next 9 days fly by for you, and FX for a H&H 9 months!

Your dog is adorable by the way!

<3 *Loss & bfp mentioned*

me 28 (Lean PCOS, hypothyroid) dh 33
    TTC #1 since early 2011
    May 2011- natural pregnancy (metformin only); m/c @ 9 weeks + D&C
    July 2011- lap to remove dermoid cyst
    August 2012-current- 9 rounds of Clomid, 1 cycle of Femara, several cycles of soy isos, 1 IUI, O'd every cycle, BFN
    August 2014- lap to remove uterine septum. Everything else looking good.
    Moving onto IVF Feb/March 2016 Just kidding. Natural bfp 1/30/16.
    1st beta 2/1 = 110. 2nd beta 2/3 = 332.

First ultrasound 2/19 - one baby with a heart rate of 127! EDD 10/11/2016

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you @2015dee!! For both the well wishes and about my dog! I'm obsessed with him haha congratulations to you and wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy as well! How far along are you?
  • Loading the player...
  • @fmannino85 - I'm not sure how far along I am. I wasn't tracking my cycle or anything. According to LMP, I would be 5w3d, but there is no way I am that far along. I usually ovulate late, if at all (I have PCOS), especially when I am not on fertility meds. If I had to guess (based on ovulation signs), I am probably somewhere between 4w2d and 4w6d.

<3 *Loss & bfp mentioned*

me 28 (Lean PCOS, hypothyroid) dh 33
    TTC #1 since early 2011
    May 2011- natural pregnancy (metformin only); m/c @ 9 weeks + D&C
    July 2011- lap to remove dermoid cyst
    August 2012-current- 9 rounds of Clomid, 1 cycle of Femara, several cycles of soy isos, 1 IUI, O'd every cycle, BFN
    August 2014- lap to remove uterine septum. Everything else looking good.
    Moving onto IVF Feb/March 2016 Just kidding. Natural bfp 1/30/16.
    1st beta 2/1 = 110. 2nd beta 2/3 = 332.

First ultrasound 2/19 - one baby with a heart rate of 127! EDD 10/11/2016

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @2015dee gotcha! Regardless how far along you are, I wish you all the best! XX
  • Pregnancy is absolutely terrifying! Know that you're not alone. Xoxo
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Ahh I know exactly how you feel!
    I'm in same boat, 5w 2d today too!
    I'm terrified but each day is another day we've done so just trying to relax! I've started with nausea and sore boobs today which is good
    signs hopefully, I lost my last little one at 7wks so taking each day as it comes to get to that point and then will see the midwife on the 23rd and then hopefully a healthy scan after that.... Love and luck to us all for happy 9mths, we are all in it together :) xx
  • I know how stressful it is. I had two losses over the last year and now I am happily 15 weeks pregnant. Just try to relax, stay busy and try to find some fun distractions. I also looked at the daily odds of not miscarrying. It helped.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Thanks ladies!! Congratulations to all of you and all the best during the rest of your pregnancies!!
  • Hang in there! I'm in the same boat, just take it one day at a time. That's what I'm doing or I find something to clean around my house or I binge watch grey's anatomy when my son is napping (those have helped me a lot so far get through those hard days)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • @mrsbenjamindaniel thank you! I'm definitely trying, but finding I am usually not successful. Even at work I find that I am constantly thinking about this baby and hoping everything is ok. I should be getting some answers in a few days. Hoping they are positive!