Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Cycle post MC

Not sure where to ask. Prior to my first baby, I was on the pill and had a regular 28 day cycle. I got pregnant the first month off the pill. After I got my period back pp I was about a 37 day cycle. I got pregnant but had a MC in October. Since I had my first period after my MC my cycle was 33 days and now 29. Did anyone else have a cycle that changed length post MC? I just find it odd. Prior to the pill, many years ago, my cycle length trended on the 35-38 day range. Thanks for any feedback, I just find it strange and it's throwing me off.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Cycle post MC

• I've always had an irregular cycle to begin with, but in the past year or so it's straightened out to around 35 days most months.  Post MC it has seemed to go straight back to that.  However, I know many people have had wonky cycles after MC and have heard it's very common for it to take a while to straighten out or go back to normal.  I also noticed that I've had crazy symptoms I never had before with AF.  I'm only a few cycles past my MC, so we'll see if the symptoms even out as well.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• I would agree with PP. I think you'll find most of the ladies here have had wonky cycles post-loss. It just takes some time. Plus, you may or may not ovulate post-loss right away, which will throw off cycle length as well. I've found it helpful to start temping to get to know my cycle more. I didn't temp previous to my loss, so I'm not sure what "normal" was for me beyond my total cycle length. If you search previous threads you'll find tons of posts about this stuff as well that I have found very helpful. 
  • Loading the player...
  • It's totally normal. The pill forced you onto a 28 day cycle. It's completely normal to have a cycle length that varies by a few days each month, regardless of whether you've had a MC. For me personally, it's anywhere from 28 days to 35 days. It's also really normal to have lengths that change post BC, postpartum, or post MC.
  • I had a pretty regular cycle (28-30 days... At least predictable within a few days) prior to this pregnancy and loss. I had a paragard prior so it was nonhormonal bc. I had a d&c at 12 weeks November 25th. I'm now on my third period with no marked ovulation. Two weeks between each bleed. I'm pretty sure this current one is the real deal, finally. The first two were light bleeding for only a couple of days. This is full blown flood gates day 6. I thought I'd be ovulating now based on my charting... But.... Nope. Anyway. It's been crazy. I'm hoping this is the one that kicks everything else back into gear.... But as of yet I still haven't figured it out. 

Good luck. I just want a sense of normalcy back. 

Mama to two perfect little girls.
    Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    Conceived #3 since September 2015
    11-25-15 twelve week loss
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!