September 2016 Moms

Treat Yo Self Tuesday

Our bodies are working HARD to make a LO and we deserve some extra treats and love!

What are you doing this week to Treat Yo Self?
Getting a mani-pedi? Taking some extra naps? Eating that cookie? Getting a massage? Share below!

Re: Treat Yo Self Tuesday

• I run an in-home daycare and I hired a helper!! She will be coming every Tuesday and Thursday morning from 8-Noon!! It was so nice to be able to lay around in my room all while she played games and did activities with the kids!! 

• Loading the player...
  • jhems776jhems776 member
    edited February 2016
    Soo this is a mix of FFC and treat yo self.  My work once a month has a breakfast for all the employees celebrating their work anniversary that month and there are always left overs.  This morning while walking in I heard it was today and got sooo excited.  I know when they get done so I went to the work kitchen 15m after it ended and there was all the glorious yummy left overs (I was not alone in the leftover stalking).  Helped myself to a full plate and a pastry which I am managing to save for a late afternoon snack.
  • Naps. So many wonderful naps.

• My husband and I both have the day off tomorrow. E (13 monther) and I are both congested.. my random 10 nightly prego wakeups are not helped by his congested noises on the monitor (he's sleeping.. just lets out a big snore every 20 minutes that turns on the monitor for 10 seconds and wakes me). I think I might sleep in the guest room tonight and leave the monitor with my husband, try to get enough sleep to kick this cold's butt!!

I'm also still dreaming of the Arby's Andies Candies milkshake.. by the time I allow myself to have it they probably won't be selling it anymore. Maybe this week... maayyyyybe
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have gone to bed by 8:30 every night and have mastered the art of wearing leggings to work. 
  • I am also on the nap train. So many naps this week! I'm crawling into bed as soon as I get home this afternoon. I'm trying to kick the habit of eating so much ice cream. I've allowed myself too much of it and it needs to stop! Maybe tomorrow...
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Sporty1216Sporty1216 member
    edited February 2016
    I was trying to work while LO slept and kept falling asleep! I should have read this thread first and let myself give in! Instead, I went to the kitchen and got a granola bar and tried to work more. And then LO woke up. Lesson. Learned. 

ETA: I did buy a gallon of chocolate milk the last time I went to the store. A small glass of that now and again has been an awesome treat! I want all the dairy on the planet!
  • I got Starbucks coffee this morning. I usually make my own latte in the mornings but that wasn't happening today. The plan is to relax and do nothing when I get off work. 
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Mine was two hours long today! Whoot!
  • Definitely the sleep. I'm averaging 10 hrs a night right now. It is detracting from my available time for work/hanging out with DH, but I'm just so pooped! Also, I picked up some chocolate pudding mix today. :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm so jealous of all you napping ladies. I have zero time to take naps but I did take a sick day this week. It was so nice not to have to be at work other than the overwhelming nausea that has been plaguing me lately. Next week I get a few days off so I will be partaking in this napping you all speak of
  • DH brought me 3 king size Kit Kats. They're my new best friends.
  • Bacon egg and cheese on a French toast bagel... I had brought a low fat Greek yogurt but it had expired, this seemed like the most logical replacement lol!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Today I watched a documentary on my favorite composer, Stephen Sondheim. I am a musician, so this was my version of a mani/pedi.  Ha! Treat yo self!!
  • I ate a Reese peanut butter ice cream sandwich and watched Thor. We also ordered pizza earlier..oh dear