Pregnant after a Loss
Options

New and in need of support

2015dee2015dee member
edited February 2016 in Pregnant after a Loss

Hi all! I am a little hesitant about jumping on over here. A little about me....DH and I have been TTC #1 for almost 5 years. I have PCOS and it was later discovered (last year) that I had a uterine septum. I had the septum removed. We conceived naturally in 2011 but miscarried about 8.5 weeks. We saw a healthy heart beat and all that stuff, so I thought I was out of the woods. My RE told me that septums often lead to m/c, so maybe it was that.

Fast forward.....5 years. and no BFP. DH and I were scheduled to start birth control to begin IVF on Saturday, 1/30. I had not gotten my period yet and had a strange feeling, so I took an hpt. It was positive. I had a beta today, and it was 110. My LMP was on December 28 (on account of my PCOS), but there is no chance that I ovulated on day 14, so I am not as far along as my LMP. I'm having my beta repeated on Wednesday. I have no idea what this beta level means. If I had to guess, I probably ovulated somewhere between December 15 and 18. I'm starting Lovenox tonight because I've had a DVT in the past. I'm also on prometrium.

Anyways, I guess the point of this post is that I am really nervous. I SO want to be excited and happy after all these years of trying, but I am terrified of losing this baby. How do you all cope with the fear and uncertainty? Any hopeful stories?

<3 *Loss & bfp mentioned*

me 28 (Lean PCOS, hypothyroid) dh 33
TTC #1 since early 2011
May 2011- natural pregnancy (metformin only); m/c @ 9 weeks + D&C
July 2011- lap to remove dermoid cyst
August 2012-current- 9 rounds of Clomid, 1 cycle of Femara, several cycles of soy isos, 1 IUI, O'd every cycle, BFN
August 2014- lap to remove uterine septum. Everything else looking good.
Moving onto IVF Feb/March 2016 Just kidding. Natural bfp 1/30/16.
1st beta 2/1 = 110. 2nd beta 2/3 = 332.

First ultrasound 2/19 - one baby with a heart rate of 127! EDD 10/11/2016

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: New and in need of support

• Options
    5 years is a long time. My husband and I tried 6 months and got pregnant.  We lost that one at 11 weeks. I then went on to have 4 chemical pregnancies.  Most only making it to 5 or 6 weeks.  Never got to the ultrasound stage with any of them.  Now I'm pregnant again. I feel positive about this one, but I'm only 7 weeks.  I have my moments where I'm scared to death and then I have my moments when I think everything is going to be ok. I cope with the fear by reminding myself that God makes everything work out for His glory! I trust the Lord and his plan is prefect even if it doesn't align with mine!  I know for a fact that everything will work out perfectly as He has planned and I know I have a lot of little ones waiting to meet me when I finally go home!  I hope this helps! Good luck and God bless! 
  • Options
    @babyjo16 - thank you for the support! I am really trying to hold on to hope, but I get scared sometimes. Ugh. Hoping your first ultrasound is a wonderful experience for you!

TTC #1 since early 2011
    August 2012-current- 9 rounds of Clomid, 1 cycle of Femara, several cycles of soy isos, 1 IUI, O'd every cycle, BFN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Those first few weeks are full of so many uncertainties. It's enough to make you feel crazy. I never handle them well (lots of crying and moodiness) so I'm probably not a great one to be giving advice. But I do totally understand where you're at. Fingers crossed for a great beta tomorrow!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I had two losses over the past year and am now 14w3d with a baby girl. I hope everything goes well for you, and I love that your bfp snuck in right before IVF! Take a deep breath and try to enjoy your good news. I know it's scary, but after 5 years, this deserves celebrating. Fingers crossed for you.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    @2015dee My husband and I tried for almost 2 years to get pregnant, only to find out that our baby was affected by SMA. We ended the pregnancy and struggled with moving forward naturally or doing IVF with genetic screening to ensure a healthy embryo. We said we'd give it 6 months and I took a pregnancy test the day I decided to give up and start calling clinics. BFP. Hoping this one goes well for both of us!

I'm having a hard time too getting excited through all the worry but stay positive and try to enjoy this!
  • Options

@rkrichey - I'm glad someone understands! I swear, I feel crazy!

@CarrieandRoy - I'm so sorry about your losses, but I've very happy to hear that you've made it out of the dreaded 1st trimester!

@star18star - what a terribly difficult decision. I can't imagine going through that. I too hope things go well for both of us!

I had my second beta today. I hadn't heard anything from my RE's office by 3, so I called. I had decided that they were saving my phone call for the end of the day because it was bad news. My nurse is so kind. She said she had no received the results from the local lab yet (I am 6 hrs from my fertility clinic) and that she would call me just as soon as she got them. She reassured me that I am doing absolutely everything that I can. I felt better after talking with her.

TTC #1 since early 2011

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I got the beta results back. 322, so doubling time around 30 hours. I know that it probably doesn't mean much long-term, but today I will feel less stressed.

TTC #1 since early 2011

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yay!  A nice, solid double too!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    That's great! I felt a little better with each bit of good news I received. I hope you do, too.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    That's great!! I know it can be hard, but keep the positivity!