Pregnant after a Loss

Bit of positivity...

Hi all, 
Very newly pregnant here (4w4d) and already obsessing and worrying over whether this pregnancy will be ok, had a loss back in July and I'm just so terrified of history repeating itself!
Anyway as I was googling all kinds of questions just now and scaring myself about the future, I came across some lovely little images that made me think again and enjoy the fact that today I'm pregnant and there is no reason why in 9mths I won't be holding my baby in my arms.. Wanted to share
the pics with you all, happy and healthy thoughts only from now xx

Re: Bit of positivity...

• Love these!  Especially the first one. Congrats on the BFP.  I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months here!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • First of all, congrats!!! And second, I love these and definitely needed them today. Thank you for sharing!
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Loading the player...
  • I love the first one, too. Good luck! I hope time goes quickly and everything turns out well for you.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Congratulations!!!!! I love all of these! I totally understand how you feel. I felt the same way. I didn't even comment on here for WEEKS. Not until I was in my second trimester. I was completely paranoid. What's been helping for me (I'm 15 weeks and still nervous) is pregnancy affirmations. They might seem kind of silly at first but totally worth doing. I found it calms my nerves. You can find some here: https://www.thehealthybelly.com/healthy_body.php?sub_tab_id=13
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• @Kellyj103 I love those! Thankyou for sharing, Little things like that do really help me focus and snap back to the now! Last time I was on these boards I was so naive, happily posting in my birth group, talking names, shopping lists, Facebook announcements etc, it's such a shame that through a loss I've lost all that excitement and innocence I had, hence trying to bring back little bits of joy everywhere I can I guess!! X
  • @SonyaL9 I TOTALLY understand how you feel! I still feel the same way. Last time, I was the same way. This time I'm very cautious. Even when we announced it on Facebook, I had some hesitation because I worry a lot. Everyone is different. There are some women who have gone through it and are fine after the second trimester. I would say take it one day at a time and remember that this baby is a blessing. That's what I tell myself. Anytime I feel the black cloud coming back, I remind myself that my baby deserves to be celebrated and I deserve to get excited :) 

Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Thankyou! I love hearing that I'm not cracking up and everyone is in the same boat with how they feel.
    We are going to Vegas in April, a big deal as will be a long haul flight (I'm in the Uk) and I'll be 15wks by then so that's my focus really, if all is well and hopefully life still good, I will be posing for lots of photos an proudly displaying my news to the world ha.. Before then I'll be keeping very quiet and enjoying it with my other half and close fam! You are right this baby deserves to be celebrated and today I am preg so will take it one day at a time :) xx
  • I'm loving all this positivity!!! Thanks ladies :) and congrats!!!
    BFP 9/5/14, EDD 5/12/15, MMC 10/2/14
    Adopted our rescue fur baby 11/30/14
    BFP 8/28/15, EDD 5/9/16, MMC 10/6/15, D&C 10/8/15
    BFP 1/6/16, EDD 9/16/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh I love and so needed this thread! 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Congrats @SonyaL9 !!! H&H 9 months and thank you for sharing those inspirational photos! I still struggle a lot after my last loss in Oct and I just hit he point today where I lost baby #2 and I'm really just trying to be happy and enjoy this pregnancy! Good luck to you as well and sticky baby thoughts for you and your DH!!!
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• @FireInWonderland thankyou and huge congrats to you and awesome that you have gone past the timeframe of last time, I cannot wait to get to that point as it must make you feel so positive about the next few months! This is our year ladies... :) 
  • @SonyaL9 it does make me feel a great deal of relief but I will be happier next week when baby still has a heartbeat. I am so excited for this LO and I've started letting myself make plans revolving around baby. It's liberating in its own way! You will be there before you know it and then you'll be wondering where the time went. 
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker