Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Prescribed BCP to regulate period while TTC

2»

Re: Prescribed BCP to regulate period while TTC

• Options
    @LizaKate1213  I'm not saying they should necessarily use the phrase rat poisoning, but they should mention the lawsuits that the patient will probably hear about and then they can point out that people in those lawsuits were taking much higher dosages or whatever it was that actually happened. That way the patients don't freak out when they do see it because they know that they aren't taking enough for it to be toxic. I just don't like that the doctors/nurses wouldn't even mention it if it is something that big and in the news.
  • Options
    KarliQ88KarliQ88 member
    edited February 2016
    Have not read everything because i don't have the time..sorry. but this topic isn't about warfarin. None of you were there and know the situation so don't pretend like you do. Especially those who don't work in the medical field. "Oh the RN or the MD should have educated better." how do you all sitting behind a computer across the country know what was educated on and the situation? You don't. I was not the RN who taught about warfarin...only the one dealing with it after he stopped taking it. So only he knows why he did what he did. So let's not get our undies in a bundle and blame the RN and MD who educated on it.

End of warfarin  None of you were there (heck i wasn't even there). So let's not pretend like you all know. Back to the original post. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    bcooke314 said:
    @LizaKate1213  I'm not saying they should necessarily use the phrase rat poisoning, but they should mention the lawsuits that the patient will probably hear about and then they can point out that people in those lawsuits were taking much higher dosages or whatever it was that actually happened. That way the patients don't freak out when they do see it because they know that they aren't taking enough for it to be toxic. I just don't like that the doctors/nurses wouldn't even mention it if it is something that big and in the news.
    Please. Enlighten me how you know the lawsuits were not educated on. Very curious. 
  • Options
    @KarliQ88 I think you are being overly defensive on this issue. For those of us not in the medical profession, we don't always automatically know which questions to ask. Talking to others that have had similar experiences helps us gather the information we need and put together questions to address with our own doctors. No one is telling OP to go against her doctor's treatment plan. We are simply sharing our experiences so that she can go back to her doctor with more information and questions than she previously had. 

And it is possible that some doctors and nurses sometimes give out wrong information (and I'm not saying that is the case in OP's situation). Just like it is possible for some mechanics to misdiagnose a car problem. I have a great respect for those in the medical profession but I also understand that they are people, too, and that they are not all at the same level of proficiency at their jobs. I would rather take my chances researching online and coming up with "bogus" questions for my doctor (although I would hope that they don't judge me so harshly) than blindly trust one individual with something as important as my health. 
  • Options
    KarliQ88 said:
    Have not read everything because i don't have the time..sorry. but this topic isn't about warfarin. None of you were there and know the situation so don't pretend like you do. Especially those who don't work in the medical field. "Oh the RN or the MD should have educated better." how do you all sitting behind a computer across the country know what was educated on and the situation? You don't. I was not the RN who taught about warfarin...only the one dealing with it after he stopped taking it. So only he knows why he did what he did. So let's not get our undies in a bundle and blame the RN and MD who educated on it.

End of warfarin  None of you were there (heck i wasn't even there). So let's not pretend like you all know. Back to the original post. 
    You're fun

• Options
    MamaMunnMamaMunn member
    edited February 2016

KarliQ88 said:

**QBF**

Something about your posts is really rubbing me the wrong way. I feel like you are pretty much saying that people who don't work in the medical field are too stupid to do their own research and should stop asking questions when it comes to healthcare. 

Andplusalso you were  the one who brought up the warfarin story and you can't just tell people to stop discussing it. That's not how this works

ETA: I hate you quote box!

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: August 2014
    TTC #1 Since March 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS March 2016
    SA results normal April 2016
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + TI = BFN
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN
    Uterine polyp removed July 2017
    Round 1 IVF January 2018

• Options
    I brought it up in ONE sentance as an example of how people research things and decide on a treatment without asking their doctor. Everyone else took off with one example i gave
  • Options
    KarliQ88 said:
    bcooke314 said:
    Please. Enlighten me how you know the lawsuits were not educated on. Very curious. 
    Because finding out information that they were already given wouldn't suddenly make someone decide to stop taking their medication. So it makes more logical sense to assume they were not told about the lawsuits.
  • Options
    KarliQ88 said:
    I brought it up in ONE sentance as an example of how people research things and decide on a treatment without asking their doctor. Everyone else took off with one example i gave
    :::Ticket warning:::

right, but once the topic is out there it can be discussed as much as TOU allows. You don't get to tell people to stop talking about the example just because you don't like the way the discussion went, that's not respectful Internet discussion. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers