Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

What are your plans for Valentine's Day? // DISREGARD POLL

gonetotheseagonetothesea member
edited January 2016 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Whoops! I posted a poll at the same time as @hunnybunny17 . Sooo, lets keep this one Valentine's Day related! Are you planning ahead? What are you and your SO doing? Disregard this poll and go to the original post! :)
Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
"It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

What are your plans for Valentine's Day? // DISREGARD POLL 7 votes

favorite scene from rom com / favorite romance scene in a movie
57% 4 votes
Valentine's Day Fails
28% 2 votes
Worst Valentine's Day gifts
14% 1 vote
Other (write your idea below)
0% 0 votes

Re: What are your plans for Valentine's Day? // DISREGARD POLL

• Options
    @hunnybunny17 made a poll in her original post. Just disregard this post.
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
    MrsDho11MrsDho11 member
    edited January 2016
    DH will be in Puerto Rico and I'll be here.  Kind of in a weird spot right now with temps, so I'll probably either be potentially starting AF (and thus drinking all the booze) or in the end of the TWW, trying not to SS and/or go BSC!
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Aw man, that's tough, @MrsDho11! FX that AF doesn't rear her ugly head! Are you and your husband going to celebrate when he's back from Puerto Rico?
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18

• Options
    Sorry about that @MrsDho11 hopefully it will have all been worth it! Fingers and toes crossed for you.

SO and I havent made any plans, we went to Bruges last year but think we will probably just go for Dinner this year as we are going to Spain in March :)

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I got tickets on February 13th to see a Postsecret event the next town over, so that'll be DH and mine Valentine's Day event a day early.  He told me he would take me to a nice dinner before we go to the theater. It's just lame that Valentine's Day is on a Sunday this year. I should be in my FW that weekend, so that's exciting!
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18

• Options
    babymish said:
    Sorry about that @MrsDho11 hopefully it will have all been worth it! Fingers and toes crossed for you.

SO and I havent made any plans, we went to Bruges last year but think we will probably just go for Dinner this year as we are going to Spain in March :)
    Ooooh, Spain! I am so jealous, @babymish! Your trip trumps my March trip... DH and I are gong to Washington, D.C. Haha. Yours is wayyyyyy cooler.
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18

• Options
    That's tough, @MrsDho11, fx for you!  We usually don't do a big Valentines thing but a theater near us is doing a Beauty and the Beast sing-along show so we're going to that, and then we'll make colossal crab legs and steak for dinner with champagne at home.
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I honestly didn't mean to make that sound so pathetic! Sorry everyone!  No worries, I'll be fine!

@gonetothesea - thanks! I don't know.  DH isn't a Valentine's Day fan.  I'll probably get myself flowers "from him" and call it a day.  Though he did say he'd go see Zoolander 2 with me (it will be outrageously, awesomely horrible, but it will make me giggle), so maybe I'll drag him out the following weekend for that and dinner or something.

@babymish - thanks!  Though I have a feeling our timing is going to end up not being what I'd like to see this month. Also Spain is #1 on my list of places I want to go, so I'm jealous!

@mrsdee15 - thanks, but I'm sure I'll be fine.  (Hopefully that's not just WTO optimism... I mean, we're really not big romantic date night people)

• Options
    @gonetothesea ooo I've always wanted to go to a postsecret event. Sounds like fun! 

DH and I never celebrate V day with like presents or chocolates or anything. I have to work that day anyway so we'll probably just make a nice dinner and hang out. 
  • Options
    Every year on V-day DH and I always make a big steak dinner at home! He usually busts put the BBQ for me and we have supper and a couple glasses of wine and enjoy our company without battling the crowds! 
    Probably no presents though since pur anniversary was a couple days ago. 
  • Options
    babymishbabymish member
    edited January 2016
    babymish said:

Ooooh, Spain! I am so jealous, @babymish! Your trip trumps my March trip... DH and I are gong to Washington, D.C. Haha. Yours is wayyyyyy cooler.
    I will swap you spain for Washington!!! Its funny though, we do take for granted what we have nearby and are used to. Me and SO are obsessed with visiting the US at the moment but it's much further and costly. I'm sure it's the other way around for you :)

Edited to add: @MrsDho11 that didnt sound pathetic at all, given the sacrifice you have made you havent complained once, it's very admirable. Also re-spain, I am visiting my parents as they just retired and went out there. They may be getting a long term villa to sublet, if they do I should let you know when it is free :)

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @babymish - ZOMG yes!!!!!

• Options
    I'm not normally one to celebrate, but I think I'm going to suggest we do something this year. I'll be stalking this thread for ideas!
    @MrsDho11 I'm with you where I'll either be at the end of my TWW or have AF. Sorry your H won't be home to celebrate.

TTC + medicated cycles
    3/2015: Start TTC
    8/2015: PCOS Dx
    4/2016: BFP, Loss (4+5)
    2/2017: BFP

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe
  • Options
    @MrsDho11 @hunnybunny17 I'll either be a couple days into being KTFU or a couple days into AF, as well. So like, either our most romantic V day ever orrrr whomp whomp.

We are looking at going out to a fancy dinner. We don't really ever do that, so it would be fun to get dressed up and go somewhere. Maybe out of town!
  • Options
    Actually, now that I think about it, Valentine's Day is about the only time I can convince H to go to a nice/interesting restaurant!  But I bet I can still convince him to do so delayed.

• Options
    We are going to our favorite restaurant for dinner.  We had our wedding rehearsal dinner there, and that was the last time we were there!
  • Options
    For valentines day this year I am meeting my little sister's boyfriend. She lives a little over an hour away from me right now and she was planning to come and spend the weekend with us. And then her boyfriend of a couple months wanted to come visit from the next state over. So, they are both coming to our house. I have not met him yet, so as long as he is an ok person it should be fun. I spent $40 on valentines stuff for my 2 year old. So, we will be having fun with her. Our tradition is to make a pink/red meal. Usually pink pancakes with pink milk and pink whipped cream. Or we might do a heart shaped pizza. Nothing really romantic will happen since my sister will be here and my kid. We might go out for dinner and some drinks all of us at some point over the weekend. But mostly just hanging out and having fun family time. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @gonetothesea I went to a Postsecret event in college. It was a LOT of fun! You'll enjoy it! Also if you want some DC area suggestions, PM me! That's where I'm from.

We alternate years making Valentine's Day plans and this year it's my turn so I made reservations at a new local steakhouse that everyone is raving about that MH will love. We don't do gifts or anything, just dinner.

Me: 28  DH: 28
    TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    Dx: Both tubes blocked, PCOS, DOR, RPL
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    Instagram: KateDoesIVF

• Options
    @gonetothesea I went to a postsecret event several
    years ago.  It was neat! 

Valentine's Day is DH's birthday.  Going out is typically crowded and service suffers.  We will make a nice dinner at home most likely.  Because of his birthday I don't get a Valentine.  Hehe.

***TW - Loss Mentioned*****

Last year's V-Day is also when my first loss happened.  I'm sure that will be on my mind.  Sucks it had to happen on his birthday. 
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @PennStateCait  and @MrsBinPA I also went to a Postsecret event when I was in college YEARS ago, so I am excited for my husband to come along this time!

And thanks so much for your offer, @PennStateCait! I will definitely PM you for some suggestions soon! I went to D.C. for a field trip in 9th Grade, but I don't remember anything about it, really.

@mrsstuessy, that's so sweet! My mom did things like that with me when I was a kid.  I loved dying milk green and leaving it out for leprechauns on St. Patrick's Day!

Sorry to hear about that @MrsBinPA. Hopefully you'll still have a fun time. How cool that it'll be on your Husband's birthday!
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18

• Options
    I'm not sure if we'll do anything. We made reservations at nicer-ish place in town. Nothing super fancy but nicer than our usual haunts. We're going on vacation a week after and will spend plenty of money and have 12 nights of romantic dinners so I kinda feel like skipping V-day this year. Especially because it's a Sunday and will be CD 1. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    DH birthday is this weekend & vDay the following - woof! Thinking of one nice dinner in & one nice dinner out, although it'll depend on if we hear back on my job this week - fingers crossed I get an offer! If so, definitely nice dinner to celebrate out, otherwise likely @ home which we did last year too & actually really enjoyed. Nothing wrong with steak, potatoes & a bottle of red #DrinkUntilItsPink ... although I did a quick check just now & confirmed AF should be arriving that weekend - BOO HISS! 

ME: 31 | DH: 31

Married: April 2015

TTC (BBT & FF) #1: April 2015 (Off BC: January 2015)

Fur Baby: 1 English Mastiff (Rupert) 

• Options
    We usually go out for a nice dinner date. I usually make him some dessert and chocolate covered strawberries. This year, Valentine's Day is in the middle of our Whole 30 diet so we won't be going out for dinner or having any treats (boo!). We probably will stay in and cook our own fancy dinner (steak and/or seafood). 
  • Options
    We don't really do anything for Valentine's Day. If anything we will Probably order in and watch some shows we have dvr'd .  I am however taking DS out for lunch and a trip to build a bear - he will be my valentines date :) 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    I am rostered on a night shift, kinda ruins any plans I may have had. 
    AF is due on the 14th so FX I'll be testing and able to give DH a great valentines present in the form of a BFP
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Options
    We're not huge Valentines people, and we really need to be saving money, so we'll probably just make a tasty meal at home. We don't do gifts for V-day. 
  • Options
    We are skipping gifts this year. Probably a tasty meal at home. We'll exchange cards and give DS a stuffed animal. 

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Options
    edited February 2016
    DH's birthday is Valentine's Day.  So I always have to separate the two.  On next Friday for his bday we are going to SeaWorld wherein have booked a one on one penguin encounter (DH is like a little kid around animals).  I am giving him some penguin themed gifts before I tell him about the encounter.  It would be fun to also give him a onsie wih a penguin on it, but I refuse to go bSC and buy one before i have a reason to. 
    On Saturday I am taking him out to dinner.  We have a tradition where I surprise him with a new restaurant every year.  Of course because it is so close to Valentine's Day I always have to make the reservation way early lol. 

The for actual Valentine's Day we are going to a festival that a local winery puts in.  Craft fair, live music and wine tasting.  Then we will head home, pick up some takeout and watch a movie together:)