Trying to Get Pregnant

Sunday GTKY Tattoo edition

I know some people love them or hate them. I've been waiting and waiting to show mine off (it's not finished yet, and I promised my artist I wouldn't put it on social media til it's done, but that's more facebook/instagram). Anyway, anyone care to share their tattoos or maybe something that you want to get but haven't? The WTO gave me this idea because my favorite quote is tattooed on me and I know that tattoos can hold very powerful meanings for their wearers. 

Re: Sunday GTKY Tattoo edition

• I don't have any but I like yours! 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • NovaSaysNoNovaSaysNo member
    edited January 2016
    @PrimRoseMama Thank you so much!

@MRSCORKER Thank you! I stopped counting at 50 hours (normally 4-6 hour sittings), but it was every 2-4 weeks From Nov 2014 to Sept 2015. I haven't been able to get back in since then, our schedules are completely opposite. We're still not finished though. We're going to take the top of the hammock and turn it into a half sleeve. The half sleeve will be color, but more grayed out (like it's weathered out). And it will be more the beachy side, like seashells, flowers, and broken coconuts.
    I LOVE your tattoos and ideas! Very unique!

ETA: I know some people don't think it looks like 50+ hours, but the details she gets in there... I wish I could capture it better. It's so beautiful in person. 
  • @sarah0985 God, I'm so sorry you went through that. It just breaks my heart. Your tattoos are lovely and I think it was a great way to honor those lost and help forge a path forward for you. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @MRSCORKER thank you. it's still a very hard thing for me but I feel it has helped in the healing process :)
    i love the work on your word one! 

@NovaSaysNo anyone that says its doesn't look like 50 hours of work clearly doesn't know tattoos. Your detail in the full one is gorgeous. The color is so vibrant!

@mamamunn my sisters want to do a sisters one. I just don't know if the 3 of us could all agree on one thing. Haha. Your is gorgeous. 
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • NovaSaysNoNovaSaysNo member
    edited January 2016
    @sarah0985 those are beautiful and I'm sure you can get that one fixed. I'm so sorry that happened. I can't imagine.
    ETA clarity here: I could be over tired, but I wanted to be clear that it was the shooting that I meant by the second and third sentences. I didn't want someone to think "wow, you kind of forgot the more important detail there..." 

@MamaMunn, those are beautiful colors! I really like it!

And that's fine about picture size. I tried to scale mine down but my computer was being a jerk (it's getting old and angry). Besides, I think the larger the picture is, the more detail you can see. :) At least that's what I'm sticking to since I failed at resizing.

• @sarah0985 I think I love you haha. I've had a few people (okay, guys that have really gnarly tattoos) tell me "it shouldn't have taken that long" and I'm like "yeah because your's look just fantastic... like your artist was on drugs." One of them told me that he and his tattoo guy drink while tattooing. Like they both drink.  :o No wonder the pin-up girl's legs look broken in several places. That poor pin-up. :(

She (my artist) actually had to fix (and blend in) the tattoo on the lower part of my back... I had one of those lower back tribal ones, but the guy that did it botched it badly. It's still basically just scar tissue ten years later. Now, I tell everyone to do their homework on the shop and artist, otherwise you never know. Learning the hard way is no fun. Unfortunately, you learned that the same way I did. But looking at yours, I think a good artist could save the lettering and make it beautiful like you want it.

• @mchrisgarcia, that's so cool! I love ones that have meaning that no one else understands. Like I love that people just think my mermaid scene is just that, but it's more to me. Awwww, that's so sweet!

Okay, I have got to go to bed now... it's way late for me. I can't wait to see what else pops up here when I can check tomorrow!
  • sarah0985sarah0985 member
    edited January 2016
    @sarah0985 I think I love you haha. I've had a few people (okay, guys that have really gnarly tattoos) tell me "it shouldn't have taken that long" and I'm like "yeah because your's look just fantastic... like your artist was on drugs." One of them told me that he and his tattoo guy drink while tattooing. Like they both drink.  :o No wonder the pin-up girl's legs look broken in several places. That poor pin-up. :(

She (my artist) actually had to fix (and blend in) the tattoo on the lower part of my back... I had one of those lower back tribal ones, but the guy that did it botched it badly. It's still basically just scar tissue ten years later. Now, I tell everyone to do their homework on the shop and artist, otherwise you never know. Learning the hard way is no fun. Unfortunately, you learned that the same way I did. But looking at yours, I think a good artist could save the lettering and make it beautiful like you want it.

Hahaha. Idiots. And yeah. The guys that did mine did my cousins sleeve and his wife's tattoos too. Theirs are awesome. For whatever reason, mine just didn't come out and I've been gun shy ever since about getting it fixed. 

Where are you that's it's so late for you?
    CP September 2019
  • LizaKate1213LizaKate1213 member
    edited January 2016
    I have one large tattoo on the right side of my lower back that I want to love but the guy who added the flower a year after I got the fairy "touched up" the fairy and ruined her. He added so much black to her outline and face that she bled everywhere. It's awful and so embarassing!
    BabyGaga
  • sarah0985 said:
    @sarah0985 I think I love you haha. I've had a few people (okay, guys that have really gnarly tattoos) tell me "it shouldn't have taken that long" and I'm like "yeah because your's look just fantastic... like your artist was on drugs." One of them told me that he and his tattoo guy drink while tattooing. Like they both drink.  :o No wonder the pin-up girl's legs look broken in several places. That poor pin-up. :(

Hahaha. Idiots. And yeah. The guys that did mine did my cousins sleeve and his wife's tattoos too. Theirs are awesome. For whatever reason, mine just didn't come out and I've been gun shy ever since about getting it fixed. 

Where red are you that's it's so late for you?
    I'm actually in Georgia, but I work the night shift and tonight is going to be about a 13 hour shift, but it's also going to be my Friday!
    And that totally happens sometimes with different inks (so I've learned from asking a million questions while getting tattooed hahaha). It could have just been that your skin didn't accept that ink very well. I would def bring it up if/when you want to get it fixed so they know that it could be something like that. That same thing happened with one of my husband's. It was very random.

@LizaKate1213 I'm so sorry! I bet that could be turned into something beautiful (different flower maybe?) if you wanted. It still has great color and a lot to work with!

• I don't have many pictures of my tattoos, and don't really feel like taking any, since three are on my back and that would be difficult, lol.  I have 7, some I love, some I hate and need to have covered up, but just can't justify the cost right now.  My first was when I was 16 as my sweet sixteen gift ^_^

• None for me. I've thought about it but I'm too worried that I'll hate the tattoo in a few years to ever commit.
  • @MissAmeliaPond my husband hates tattoos too. I tell him "good thing it's not your body then" he knew I loved them before we were together and I told him I had no intention of being finished. I would love a full back piece. All of mine right now are "hideable" which I like but also would love a full piece!
    CP September 2019
  • @murray1030 - I love nursey tattoos and I kind of want one, just can't commit to one I like!

Everyone's tattoos are beautiful! I have a simple cross on my rib cage, I got it when I was just plastered. I really want to get a new one or update the cross some how while sober, because I'm a little displeased with myself for doing something so permanent while intoxicated (not a "me" thing).

I really want to get one with my husband, matching or part of a matched pair. He's on the fence about it. I do like the idea of tattoos representing children, and I want to incorporate something about my grandmother. All of these ideas swimming around!

How do y'all feel about tats for current/future children?
  • I have 3.
     I can't get a pic of my first one because yea it's a little low placed. One is a fleur-de-lis I got when I graduated from college. I had studied French and international business. And while I was studying in France I learned all about the meanings behind them. I wanted to get C'est la vie around it but I decided to not be that cynical at 22 and so I thought I would at it at 30 if I wanted it still. I never did. It's on my front lower hip (had to hide it from the parents at the time but now they don't mind my tattoos).
     I have one on my foot that is the Czech word for dreams. (I'm half Czech.) Sneni. It reminds me to follow my dreams. Sorry for the blurriness. We are driving. 
     Last is the word Veritas (truth) on my waist.

I want one more. I want sparrows on my wrist to remind me that God watches over the sparrows so he will watch over me and I don't need worry so much in life. But my DH isn't a fan of tattoos so I'm holding off for a little bit.
  • @AL_TwinCities what a beautiful and elegant memorial. I love the simplicity and meaning. Hopefully you will have more than two arrows: for your babies who have passed but also those whom you will get to bring home healthy in the future!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am planning on getting one in another couple years. I want one that is about my children. I have one child so far and hope to have a few more. I might wait until we feel like we are done having children. But, I want to at least wait until after the next one. I want a tattoo that includes them all. I haven't landed on it exactly yet. Here are some possibilities. I like the idea of a finger print or foot print or something like that. I also like the, somewhat overdone, coordinates of where they were born. I know for sure I want the tattoo to include the phrase "You are my best adventure". That quote means a lot to me. I gave up a lot of my hopes and dreams when I become unexpectedly pregnant with my first. But, she is still better than any of those other adventures I had planned. 

I should add... my husband HATES tattoos and is very against me getting any. I have always thought matching tattoos would be so cool for us. That is never happening. But, I will definitely be getting one whether or not he wants me to. 

Where should I get them? I am thinking shoulder. 
    Just instead of "the" best, "my" best. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love seeing all this stuff about everyone here lol! Everyone's tattoos looks awesome! I only have 2 right now but I'd love to get more. My first I don't have a picture of l, but it's a cross, heart, and anchor that represents the "faith, hope, love" bible verse. My second is a large piece on my left arm. It doesn't stand for anything I just wanted it for years and decided to get it.

Me:27 DH: 28
    Married May 2012
     TTC#1 July 2013 - July 2015 (no success)
    Again TTC#1: Dec 2015
    First RE visit: Feb 2016
    BFP: 9/16/16 EDD:5/26/17
  • I like them but do not have any of my own.  My husband has one on his back, one on his side, and a sleeve so I think sometimes he has enough for us both.  :). He still wants to get some to represent the kids but wants to wait until we are done.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• FiancB said:
    Dis mine. I always wanted something horse related, but not cheesy. I learned about Franz Marc in my art history class, and he painted a lot of horses. I thought that was perfect, since I love art as well. It was a tossup between this and a sketch by Da Vinci, but I think the colors of this lended itself better to a tattoo. Being babies was especially appropriate since I had just started working at a breeding farm. One of these days, I'll take a better pic. 

I recently got out of horses, but I still love it. 

If you're in Portland and wanting a tattoo, definitely recommend Silje at Scapegoat Tattoo. Or any of them, my friend has a really awesome tattoo from Scapegoat as well. 
    I don't have any tattoos but just wanted to say I love Franz Marc and your tattoo is beautiful! He is one of my favorite artists!! 
  • Mine is in memory of my mom who passed a few years ago - sunflowers were her favorite; (sorry if pic is huge, I'm mobile) 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• @novasaysno Soooo many hours, I'm in aww. Only one of mine took over an hour and I was shaking uncontrollably by the end!

@lulucooks- My first was on my 16th birthday! My dad signed for me to get it. It's a random butterfly and doesn't have any specific meaning.

I have five total and my favorites are the forget-me-nots and lily on my foot, and the paw prints on my wrist. I thought long and hard about the paw prints on my wrist since it's in such a noticeable spot, but I work with animals and figured I could keep it professional. I've had lots of comments about it and nothing negative.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Me:27
    Him:31
    Married: Sept'15
    TTC#1: Jan'16
    PCOS Dx: Apr'16
    BFP #1: Jul'16
    DS Born: Mar'17
  • @m6agua, is that the creepy little kid.. thing from Trick 'r Treat on his sleeve?!
    TTGP February Sig Challenge- Valentine's Day Fail:

Me: 25 - DH: 30
    Dating: 5/9/2010
    Married: 5/9/2015
    TTC #1: October 2015

• m6aguam6agua member
    edited February 2016
    @m6agua, is that the creepy little kid.. thing from Trick 'r Treat on his sleeve?!
    Yup that's Sam. It's one of his favorite movies. He went as him for Halloween one year. I had to make the costume.

Eta

TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20