Trying to Get Pregnant

Saturday GTKY: Travel edition

What are your top three places you want to visit before you die?  

Whats your favorite spot you have already vacationed?
                                                                          Married 12/17/2011
                                                                              K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                              C born 1/11/14
                                                              BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                              BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

Re: Saturday GTKY: Travel edition

• FSUNole31FSUNole31 member
    edited January 2016
    Top 3:
    England
    Wales
    New York City 

Favorite spot:
    When I was a kid we lived in Turkey and we went to a resort town called Bodrum on the Aegean Sea that was gorgeous!  We got to go on a sail boat and stayed in a really pretty resort.  I would love to go back now as an adult.  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• @FSUNole31 - Bodrum sounds (and looks) lovely! 

1. Paris
    2. Africa
    3. Greece

too many- Sydney, Rome & London!
    I love cities and love finding off the beaten path restaurants in them! I am going back to London in June and cannot wait! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

DH: 35 & Me: 34
    Married September 2014
    2 fur kitties

• Loading the player...
  • Top 3:
    - the moon
    - New Zealand
    - Antarctica
    (lol, I am actually being serious even thigh it sounds like a weird list)

Favorite:
    My husband and I honeymooned in a resort in the Keys and have gone back once since. For sheer memories and relaxation I choose this. But I also love visiting Ocean City New Jersey because of the family memories.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @bestnameever I am so jealous!!  My sister did 6 weeks study abroad in London and raves about it.  I want to go so bad.  I hope you have a great trip!!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Top 3:
    1. Paris
    2. London
    3. Greece

FAVORITE:
    The cayman islands. Sooooo beautiful!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Top 3: 

Australia
    France/Italy/England
    Alaska

We've been to Ireland, and standing on the edge of the cliffs of Moher, with the wind just buffeting our faces... it was an extraordinary moment! We've been several amazing places already, but that was incredible and always stands out in my memory.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • 1. Australia
    2. Figi
    3. London

I've been to Hawaii and Prague, but my favorite trips have been beach house rentals in Maine, N. Carolina & Virginia Beach. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1.  Tokyo
    2.  Spain
    3.  Peru/Macchu Picchu

Favorite: I need to call this a tie. I visited the South Island of New Zealand in college and it was mind blowing. Glaciers! Mountains! Crazy parrots that attack your car! The second is Bonaire, an island near Aruba. I'm a big diver, and this island is known as "diver's paradise". You can hop in the water from anywhere on the coast and be immediately on a mind blowing reef. I want to return to both places, even at the expense of new ones. 
  • sarah0985sarah0985 member
    edited January 2016
    Top 3:
    1. Italy 
    2. Japan
    3. Victoria Falls

Favorite:
    i definitely have more than 1 and for different reasons. 
    My top favorite would probably be Vietnam. Spent 2 weeks there traveling to different cities. I learned so much that my history class never taught us and was so unexpectedly surprised at how much I fell in love with it

eta. Words are hard. 
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • @longliveregina I love your list.  I've looked into an Antarctic expedition before. It looks so cool!
    CP September 2019
  • Top 3:
    - the moon
    - New Zealand
    - Antarctica
    (lol, I am actually being serious even thigh it sounds like a weird list)

Favorite:
    My husband and I honeymooned in a resort in the Keys and have gone back once since. For sheer memories and relaxation I choose this. But I also love visiting Ocean City New Jersey because of the family memories.
    If you don't mind me asking, where did you stay in the Keys? DH and I wanted to go to Jamaica in May, but Zika has us spooked- trying to find a domestic get away this spring and I've been looking at the Keys, but don't know where to start!
    Me: 31; DH: 31
    NTNP: May 2015
    TTC #1: late August 2015
    PCOS Dx: January 2016, starting Femara Feb 2016
    BFP: 2/29/16 - Happy Leap Day!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • What are your top three places you want to visit before you die?  
    Northern Italy 
    France
    South America- Brazil, Argentina

This is hard!! I loved Italy, Dominican Republic, St. Lucia and Curaçao but for different reasons. Southern Italy had so much culture, history and great food/wine. DR was just a great place to relax and the people are so kind. Same with St. Lucia. Curaçao has the unique appeal of being a Caribbean island but the Dutch influences in the language, architecture and cuisine make it a beautiful, unique place to visit. 

Saw that a lot of ladies mentioned Greece. Greece is on my list of faves, but with a caveat. DH and I went last summer and the history, food and people are stellar. I will say that Athens is noticeably suffering from the country's economic issues. Lots of empty buildings, graffiti, etc. I'm sure that's temporary until their luck changes, and it also means they could use the tourism dollars, but it's something to be aware of if you go. We also visited Nafplio and Santorini in Greece and loved both. Santorini may be the single most beautiful place I've ever been. The sky and water are both so blue. Residents and tourists gather to watch the sunset every night - and twilight is met with applause. It's amazing! Pic attached because I can't help myself 

Me: 31; DH: 31
    NTNP: May 2015
    TTC #1: late August 2015
    PCOS Dx: January 2016, starting Femara Feb 2016
    BFP: 2/29/16 - Happy Leap Day!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Top 3:
    - Spain
    - New Zealand
    - Maybe Peru?  (Specifically Machu picchu)

Favorite:
    Definitely the place we rented in Hawaii.  I've mentioned it a few times, so here's a picture of the view.  It was great-- so quiet and peaceful.

Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• @Ash9614 your picture of Santorini is amazing. I want to visit there so bad! 

1. Greece/Turkey
    2. Alaska/Canadian Rockies 
    3. Costa Rica 

I think we'll be able to cross number 2 off the list this year! We're in the early stages of planning a vacation to the Banff and Jasper national parks for June. 

my favorite spot by far has been Scotland. The landscapes are breathtaking and so many castles!

Me: 29 & DH: 33
    Married: May 2009
    ttc #1 since October 2015
    BFP: 3/8 - CP
    1. Ireland
    2. Germany
    3. UAE

Cinque Terre, Italy
    Runners up: England, La Jolla Cove in California, Boston, Savannah, Brooklyn

Me: 28  DH: 28
    TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    Dx: Both tubes blocked, PCOS, DOR, RPL
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    Instagram: KateDoesIVF

1. California
    2. Hawaii
    3. France

Ireland!! I would go back in a heart beat. It was the best country to visit... ever. 
  • I am 25 and I have been in school or been with my husband while he has been in school since I was 19. I love travel and wish I could see so many places. But, alas, poor students. Thinking about this actually makes me really sad. I had so many plans to travel to so many places when I was graduating high school. Oh well, my life is very different than I imagined it would be, but it is pretty nice in a different way. 

Top 3 places I want to visit:
    1. Tuscany, Italy
    2. Kenya or Tanzania (can't decide yet)
    3. Sweden (might get to in the next couple years)

What is your favorite spot you have already vacationed?
    India. (not really a vacation, but I was there for 2 months doing mission work)It is the most magical place in the world. I love the people, the clothes, the smells (most of them), the languages. Just everything! I want to go back so bad. There I am in India, exploring an ancient castle.

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker

1 hawaii
    2 belize
    3 Ireland 

punta Cana, Dominican Republic.  The beaches were beautiful, the weather was gorgeous and it was just so relaxing. Plus the plane ride wasn't that long and I'm not a huge fan of flying haha so that has something to do with it 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• I love this but it's hard....

Top 3 I would like to visit (in no particular order):
    - Australia/New Zealand
    - Morocco
    - Ireland/Scotland

Also, it's been about 12 years since I've been to London and Paris so I'd like to go back as an adult. 

I simply cannot pick only 1 favorite place that I've already travelled to but here our my top spots:
    - Tanzania, I spent a summer there after grad school teaching kindergarten and it was one of the best experiences of my life.
    I took this on the island of Zanzibar, it's a magical place. (Sorry if the picture is huge)

- Florence, I studied abroad there in college and then sang with a young artist program there my senior year so it's my home away from home. All of Italy though, really. The Amalfi coast is heavenly as well.

- Machu Picchu was on another level. I loved Peru so much. I spent 3 weeks in Ayacucho which is not a tourist spot at all and the people were so incredible. I'd like to go back and do the Amazon/Lake Titicaca.

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Ooo, fun!

1. Galapagos
    2. Machu Picchu (hey @MrsDho11 @Xstatic3333 )
    3. Antarctica (hey @longliveregina )

Best vacation spot? Seriously impossible to choose. I'll go with the experience that made me blissfully relaxed and happy. Mana Island, Fiji. I spent a week there at the hostel ($15/day including room and board). Most folks just stayed a day or two in groups and I was on my own. Made friends with two other solo travelers from Korea and Japan, and we hung out with the local Fijian staff and a worker from Brazil. We played cards, drank beer, went spear fishing, kayak surfed the reef, ate mangos and drank coconut milk. It was completely epic. I will never forget any of those guys.
  • Wish list:

1. New Zealand/Fiji
    2. Greece/Turkey
    3. Hawaii

My favorite vacation by far was Spain. We travelled all over but I loved Barcelona. Food, wine, history, and beaches it had it all. 
    We are heading to Croatia, Slovenia, Italy this year so we'll see if it becomes a new favorite!
    Me: 29 years old, DH: 31 years old
    TTC #1 since July 2015
    SA Feb 2016 & May 2016: Excellent count and motility, 3% morphology
    Surgery Dec 2016: submucosal fibroid removed
    Awaiting RE appointment

• This is fun!! 

My top 3:
    1. Tuscany/Umbria (happening in 52 days!!!!!)
    2. Mauritius
    3. Alaska

Favorite place so far was Ireland, even though I slipped on some wet rocks and broke my ankle while I was there. I also loved London. Last fall, I went to Mendocino, CA, which is gorgeous. And for shorter trips, I really love going down to OBX, especially Hatteras and Ocean Isle. 
  • 1.  Tokyo
    2.  Spain
    3.  Peru/Macchu Picchu

Favorite: I need to call this a tie. I visited the South Island of New Zealand in college and it was mind blowing. Glaciers! Mountains! Crazy parrots that attack your car! The second is Bonaire, an island near Aruba. I'm a big diver, and this island is known as "diver's paradise". You can hop in the water from anywhere on the coast and be immediately on a mind blowing reef. I want to return to both places, even at the expense of new ones. 
    Great list!  I live in Tokyo for about 9 months and did Macchu Picchu in 2006.  Both are amazing.  Spain is on my wish list, too!
  • @MRSCORKERLOVE your photos!
    @Ash9614Greece is amazeballs. I visited Athens in 2003, and there was poverty and issues even then. It's a shame, because it is such a cool and historical place.

Top 3:
    **This is so hard!**
    1. Bora Bora
    2. Italy - all of it
    3. Australia

Best yet:
    I can't pick one, so I'll pick one single trip and one married trip. :) In undergrad, I traveled all over Greece and to Istanbul, Turkey. That was magical. Last summer, DH and I went to Isla Mujeres, Mexico with a group of friends and that was a relaxing blast.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Top 3:
    1. Bora Bora
    2. African Safari trip (Kenya?)
    3. Antarctica

Best so far - we stopped in Greenland during our honeymoon and it was amazing.
  • MRSCORKER said:
    I love this but it's hard....

Top 3 I would like to visit (in no particular order):
    - Australia/New Zealand
    - Morocco
    - Ireland/Scotland

Also, it's been about 12 years since I've been to London and Paris so I'd like to go back as an adult. 

I simply cannot pick only 1 favorite place that I've already travelled to but here our my top spots:
    - Tanzania, I spent a summer there after grad school teaching kindergarten and it was one of the best experiences of my life.
    I took this on the island of Zanzibar, it's a magical place. (Sorry if the picture is huge)

- Florence, I studied abroad there in college and then sang with a young artist program there my senior year so it's my home away from home. All of Italy though, really. The Amalfi coast is heavenly as well.

- Machu Picchu was on another level. I loved Peru so much. I spent 3 weeks in Ayacucho which is not a tourist spot at all and the people were so incredible. I'd like to go back and do the Amazon/Lake Titicaca.

@MRSCORKER - lake titicaca is worth another visit.  We did it before Macchu Picchu.  Went across the lake and had lunch up on a cliff overlooking the lake. Amazing.  And agree - Macchu Picchu is so surreal words don't do it justice, neither do photos.  We had a native young boy race our bus back down to the bottom on barefoot down the cliffs and he beat us.  We were in awe and he made a killing because we all gave him USD when he was waiting for our bus at the bottom!
  • My top 3 right now - Australia's Great Barrier Reef, Spain, Sweden.

Favorite place I visited - I'm lucky to have a long list. Living in Tokyo was awesome.  Peru/Boliva (Macchu Picchu) was breathtaking - my favorite city there was Cusco, Peru.  I loved Killarney in Ireland, and enjoyed Paris but not as much as I thought I would.  
    1. Ireland
    2. Germany
    3. UAE

Cinque Terre, Italy
    Runners up: England, La Jolla Cove in California, Boston, Savannah, Brooklyn
    Can I ask what about the UAE? I live here and find most people don't even know the UAE. They know Dubai but generally think that's a country!
    CP September 2019
  • Upon thinking about this overnight, I'm taking Peru off the list, and replacing it with "the rest of the states".  I realized this summer that I've already been to 27 of the states, and since that includes the difficult/expensive ones, I want to finish them out before I die!
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• 1.  Tokyo
    2.  Spain
    3.  Peru/Macchu Picchu

Great list!  I live in Tokyo for about 9 months and did Macchu Picchu in 2006.  Both are amazing.  Spain is on my wish list, too!
    That's awesome!  Were you teaching English in Tokyo or there for some other sort of work?  Provided TTC goes well (we're just getting started) I'm not sure when we'll make it to Tokyo, and whether we'd go with our child or not, but I'm determined to make it happen.  It just seems like such a fascinating city.  I'd probably like to see another part of Japan, too.  Kyoto intrigues me.

We were actually very close to booking a trip to Macchu Picchu for last October, but we had a financial surprise (prematurely dead car) that ate up our savings and kept us from pulling the trigger.  When we do it we want to hike there, which is decidedly non-pregnancy compatible, and we didn't want to wait until after Peru's next dry season to start TTC, so we ended up planning our trip to the Netherlands instead.  I figure we can try Macchu Picchu again with a child old enough to appreciate it.  
  • This is fun!  
    1. Bora Bora
    2. African Safari
    3. All the national parks

my favorite place(s) so far:

Aruba was our favorite island by far.  I loved that vacation.  Palm eagle beach is my avatar.  

The he coolest place I've ever been is Pompeii.  Totally amazing!

my favorite thing I've ever seen was the time
    we went whale watching on our Alaska cruise.  It was so amazing.  They got so close to our very small boat!  
    Sorry for giant pics.  I am on mobile.
  • @rkstro2 I loved Pompeii too! So cool. I went with an ex so my memories of it are tainted. Guess I'll have to go back with H! 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @rkstro2 I just went to Aruba in November! Such an amazing vacation. Snorkeling was my favorite. We also did a jeep tour... loved that Aruba had such amazing history, architecture and a ton of unreal views.

Me: 28  DH: 28
    TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    Dx: Both tubes blocked, PCOS, DOR, RPL
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    Instagram: KateDoesIVF

• (Current) Top 3:
    Coastal Maine
    Martha's Vineyard
    Friday Harbor

Favorite:  long-term stay, Hawaii; short-term stay, it's between Budapest, St. Petersburg, and Barcelona
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017