June 2016 Moms

Flutters/Kicks

Anyone still not feeling baby move yet? I'm not feeling much of anything. FTM, 19wks/2days & getting anxious - I'm so jealous of you all that have started to feel the baby! 

Answers

• 18 + 3 and also no movement. My midwife said it can be 20-22 weeks for first time moms but not to worry even if it's as late as 24 weeks. Hang in there momma! It'll come. :) 
  • I still haven't felt any thing I am 100% sure is baby. 19+3 and found out at 18 weeks I have an anterior placenta so probably won't feel for sure movement for awhile longer.

Try not to be nervous about it. Baby will move soon and I've heard that, at some point, we will all regret a little wanting baby to move when it is kicking us in our ribs and vaginas.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think I really felt my first toll around 21-22 weeks. Hang in there. You will will feel baby soon :) 

babysizercom pregnancy ticker

• I still haven't felt any thing I am 100% sure is baby. 19+3 and found out at 18 weeks I have an anterior placenta so probably won't feel for sure movement for awhile longer.

Try not to be nervous about it. Baby will move soon and I've heard that, at some point, we will all regret a little wanting baby to move when it is kicking us in our ribs and vaginas.
    Ditto!
    I have felt some things, but am not sure it's the baby or gas. One time it felt like popcorn in there! I have an anterior placenta too so who knows.

• I'm 20+4 and still haven't felt anything that I'm 100% sure is my LO.  I've been feeling almost like muscle twitches in my lower abdomen, but I'm just not sure it's the baby.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Same here...twitches and the popcorn feeling sometimes, but only in the evening. 20+4 as well. But I have read in several places that ad a FTM it can be closer to 24 weeks before you're positive it's LO and not gad or other random pregnancy symptoms. :)
  • I'm joining the anterior placenta group in my reply here.  I'm 21 weeks and 3 days and I've felt 2-3 good solid kicks but other than that, not much other than butterflies.  I was really bummed today talking to a family member who is due a few days before me...she feels her baby all the time.  Ah well, each baby and pregnancy is different.  
  • Same. Our 20 week ultrasound is on Tuesday.  My friend who is a month ahead of me and also a FTM said she didn't feel kicks until week 22-23. Let's all try not to freak out together! 
  • Oh goodness. Haha. I started feeling flutters at 13 weeks and by 18 baby was full blown kicking me and making my stomach move visibly. He LOVES to kick when his daddy talks to him and moves all the time. I'm currently 21 weeks 6 days. :):) 
  • I have anterior placenta and as a FTM wasn't even looking to feel movement before 20-22 weeks. When I hit 19 I was reclining on the couch and felt some weird pressure, looked down and saw movement from the outside. I was in denial until my husband convinced me it was baby because he could feel it too. Once I knew what the baby felt like, it's possible I had been mistaking it for intestine movements. At 22 weeks he'll often still feel like gas or digestion feelings. It's possible you feel baby but don't realize it. 
  • With my first felt at 18+4, this time 18+6, however their flutters and thumps
  • I'm 21 weeks I'll be 22 on Wednesday and I have an anterior placenta I've been feeling her move for a week and half now.. Lately I have been feeling her more towards my back like near my butt lol strange idk it feels like little pops, has anyone else felt this before? 
    Daisypath - nBGk

Lilypie - GQnA

• bedinabelindabedinabelinda member
    edited February 2016
    I am 20w4d and still haven't really felt anything, but I'm not worried. Exactly a week ago I had my 20w ultrasound and watched the baby flail around for a full hour without feeling a single thing, so I'm not surprised to still not feel it. Sometimes it feels like my bladder is getting jostled and I suspect this is the baby but I can't tell yet.

Anyone who thinks they felt the baby move at 13w was just gassy. The baby was the size of a pea pod! You can't feel anything that size moving inside you.
  • I am 20w4d and still haven't really felt anything, but I'm not worried. Exactly a week ago I had my 20w ultrasound and watched the baby flail around for a full hour without feeling a single thing, so I'm not surprised to still not feel it. Sometimes it feels like my bladder is getting jostled and I suspect this is the baby but I can't tell yet.

I also feel my bladder being jostled! I thought that was just me having to pee all the time- LOL!
  • I didn't feel much until I hit 20 weeks and now I feel him daily. 
  • Finally feeling him with an anterior placenta at almost 21 weeks and a STM
  • I also have an anterior placenta and have still felt nothing at 20 weeks. During my ultrasound baby was very active and moving a ton and even then I couldn't feel it even though I was trying to concentrate on it. I imagine it will all come in good time though. 
  • I'm at 19w + 2d and all I feel, as I sit calmly and quietly at night, expectantly awaiting a baby kick, is gas bubbles.  The sheer beauty of pregnancy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm 20W+1d and I have felt little gurgles occasionally, but nothing consistently and it's driving me absolutely crazy! I don't know if the placenta is anterior or not, so it freaks me out that I'm not feeling him much.

• I actually had my A/S Monday & asked the doctor, he said as a FTM, it is completely normal and in the next 2 weeks the flutters should be more prominent - cannot wait!!
  • 21+2 and I can't feel a damn thing.  He was wiggling around like a hyperactive gymnast during the ultrasound but I have an anterior placenta at the very top of my uterus so it'll be a while. You have a lot of company.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• FTM here. I'm 20w and 2d. I've felt the baby very slightly before, but RIGHT NOW the baby seems to be doing some type of back flips behind my belly button and lower abdomen. It's so bizarre and awesome. It happened out of the blue, so I'm guess it will be the same for all of you ladies.
  • I swear I just felt baby kick me in the right side of my back a few times while I was laying down. 20+4 today with an anterior placenta, so I usually feel the kicks to the side or way down low. This almost felt in the area of my right kidney though. 
  • I'm with you anterior placenta ladies! I'm 23 weeks & just started to feel baby moving in the last week. Even at that it's still very infrequent. Good to know everyone is different & it can all be normal!
  • This child is a ninja. He is actually moving my stomach in and out lol. He seems so powerful for the size of a banana.  At times he works himself really really low which is very uncomfortable and then scoots his way back up. Looking forward to his continued ninja adventures as his explores his space. 
  • My first moved like crazy and DH could feel him move a lot starting around 24 weeks. My second was a calmer baby and DH never felt him move once. I only felt him a little bit. Turns out he's a calm toddler too! This baby is more active than DS2, but so far not as crazy as DS1! I can feel her from the outside now and started to at 21 weeks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm 20 possibly 21 weeks, my boy measured a week ahead but a new due date was not given. I have an anterior placenta and just started feeling little kicks,especially down low..I tend to feel him more if I play music on my belly,preferably the lion king song I just can't wait to be king.. lol think he's trying to tell me something! You will feel him soon enough,don't worry