Trying to Get Pregnant

Favorite Motivational Quotes

I was just reading an article on facebook titled "8 Things to Remember When Everything is Going Wrong." It has some really good general life advice. It got me thinking, what are you favorite motivational or inspirational quotes? I know TTC is hard and challenging, so thought maybe this would be a good thread to look back on when you're having a hard day.

*Disclaimer: This is not meant to be a "oh everything happens for a reason and just continue to enjoy your 'lovemaking'" type of thread. I'm only at the beginning of my TTC journey, and I know some of you have been at it longer than I, and many women on here have had a hard road. I'm a cheesey type of person who likes these types of sayings, so just wanted to see if there's a particular quote/phrase/story that resonates with you when you're having a hard day.

Re: Favorite Motivational Quotes

• One that recently became my favorite (and is also in the article) is:

"Everything is temporary, this too shall pass."

• Loading the player...
  • Mine is a Bible verse, but it is what I think of when times get hard or things seem impossible. "Tears may endure for a night,  but joy comes in the morning."
  • "Everything around you that you call life was made up by people … and you can change it.”
                    -Steve Jobs
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• "Everything happens for a reason - because I make it happen".

I attribute that quote to myself b/c I believe the reason things happen for me is b/c I work for them or make decisions that yield the outcome I desire. 
  • @gonetothesea  That one about anxiety and depression is one of my favorites also!  
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @JamieK1882 "This too shall pass" is actually my one and only tattoo.  :)

It's from a fable by Sufi poets. Here's the wikipedia article about it:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_too_shall_pass

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • "If you coped before, you can cope now"
    All 5 of them really but especially this one. And 
    "Always remember, in the end the survivor gets to tell the story"

I have never actually read this book. I my college breaks working at a book warehouse and read numerous back covers. This was one and ALWAYS stuck with me. 

TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Needed this thread today! Here's mine...

Me: 28  DH: 28
    TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    Dx: Both tubes blocked, PCOS, DOR, RPL
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    Instagram: KateDoesIVF

• Mine isn't TTC relevant, but I still love it. 
  • Another favorite of mine by Rumi is "Drop by drop a river is formed." (There are many variations due to translation, but that's the most common). Basically, it means that each little thing in your life adds up and has led you to this point and to where you'll go. I also have it in Dari, but not tattooed.
    Rumi has many beautiful poems... and he also has poems about getting drunk and dancing on roofs. He was a well-rounded poet.
  • A few months ago I came across a quote I fell in love with as my TTC journey continues to lengthen. I feel for those of you/us that never know if this journey is going to end in happiness. This quote reminds me to be optimistic, because my journey will end with a child I love and care for- one way or another.

TTC + medicated cycles
    3/2015: Start TTC
    8/2015: PCOS Dx
    4/2016: BFP, Loss (4+5)
    2/2017: BFP

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe
  • Gotta add another one, my favorite Harry Potter quote. It's framed and hanging in my classroom. 

Me: 28  DH: 28
    TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    Dx: Both tubes blocked, PCOS, DOR, RPL
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    Instagram: KateDoesIVF

• This is pretty cheesy but "have courage and be kind" from the new Cinderella movie really stuck with me.

i've recently changed the background on my phone to this when I felt like giving up.

Me:27 DH: 28
    Married May 2012
     TTC#1 July 2013 - July 2015 (no success)
    Again TTC#1: Dec 2015
    First RE visit: Feb 2016
    BFP: 9/16/16 EDD:5/26/17
  • @CajunSnowWhite89 I love that quote, it just gave me all the feels. I might steal it from you and put it on my phone as well. Its a good reminder. 

• ***********************************************************************************************************************************
    ~Formerly @dogmomwantinghuman ~
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP #1: 11/30/15| MC 12/16/15BFP # 2: 6/2/16 | EDD 2/16/17

• I live in central Virginia, and this is TJ country, so his quotes are everywhere.  One that I see a lot, but that really love, is "the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
  • @CajunSnowWhite89 I've been looking at Etsy for shirts with "have courage and be kind" on them for our next Disney trip!  I love it so much.  
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • Me 35, DH 37

Unexplained infertility and TTC since December 2014

February 2016 - May 2016: 3 IUI's -- all BFN

August 2016: IVF #1 (Lupron, Gonal F and Menopur) -- 12 retrieved, 9 fertilized, 3 frozen and 1 x day 5 hatching blast transferred -- BFN. Sent remaining 3 embryos for PGS testing -- 2 didn't survive thaw, 1 was abnormal.

February 2017: IVF #2 (Gonal F, Menopur, and Ganirelix) -- 12 retrieved, 6 fertilized, 3 sent for PGS testing and all were abnormal

March 2018: IVF #3 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 14 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 4 sent for PGS testing, and 3 were PGS normal

May 2018: FET #1 -- BFN

August 2018: FET #2 -- BFP!!! healthy baby girl born May 2019!!

July 2020: FET #3 -- embyro did not survive thaw

September 2020 - IVF #4 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 1 PGS normal

October 2020 - FET #4 -- BFN

January 2021 - IVF #5 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH)  -- 2 PGS normal

February 2021 - FET #5 - BFP!!! Due 11/6/2021

• Two more of my favorite Rumi quotes (I LOVE him):

And this one... it takes my breath away.

• I ordered a be brave bracelet a few weeks ago and it arrived last Wednesday. The last few months have made this TTC journey difficult for sure. They had a small card with the bracelet that said this:

Definately an oldie, but good. It made me tear up.
  • Obviously this isn't TTC related, but I've always loved this quote. "The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."  I have in fact been my most motivated (and successful) just to prove others wrong.  For me, there is so much truth in this and it helps me when I feel like all I'm accomplishing at the time is getting knocked down.
    Me: 26 & DH: 25
    Married: August 2014
    TTC since November 2015
    BFP #1 12/17/15 - MC 1/28/16
    BFP #2 4/22/16 - EDD 12/30/16
  • edited February 2016
    "You are brave and strong" - My Dad

edit because this thread was WAY less snarky than I would have guessed off the cuff lol
  • RatParadeRatParade member
    edited February 2016

I've got two- the first is from Lord of the Rings (obviously) but it's always stuck with me.  I haven't really been in a situation that I've needed this but I still keep it in my mind:

“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

And something I try to always remember:  

"Who of you by being anxious can add one cubit to his lifespan? . . .  So never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties."

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker