Trying to Get Pregnant

Weekend Chit Chat / "After Dark"

2»

Re: Weekend Chit Chat / "After Dark"

• Who usually initiates sex, you or your SO/DH? This is hard to answer. Usually what happens is I always initiate our good night kiss while we're in bed but DH usually turns that good night kiss into sex...so I guess it's 50/50?

How old were you when you lost your virginity? (stories welcome!) I was 15, with my high school boyfriend. I don't really remember it but I do remember it was in his room after we got back from seeing Ice Age at the theater. 

Craziest place you have ever had sex?
    Probably in the woods once when I was younger. Me and my boyfriend were walking the trails and decided it was time for a quickie. 

Are you loud during sex? I would say most of the time I am...not screaming loud, but definitely not quiet. 
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • MRSCORKER said:
    Oh my God, @WA85 I'm so sorry that happened to you. God, that shit makes me so mad. The sense of entitlement... I'm so sorry.
    Thank you so much for your kind words :blush: . It happened 12 years ago and I still have issues that I'm working through, but I'm lucky to have a husband so patient and understanding to help me.
    TTC #1: March 2011 (slightly before)
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    Several HSG's sprinkled throughout the years to up my chances of a BFP
    Several dilation of cervix because they suspect the scar tissue is hindering it from fully opening (partially adds to the severe cramps all month)
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016
    ER-Retrieved 22 eggs 10 fertilized
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET estimated end of Feb, beginning of March

• Loading the player...
  • WA85 said:
    MRSCORKER said:
    Oh my God, @WA85 I'm so sorry that happened to you. God, that shit makes me so mad. The sense of entitlement... I'm so sorry.
    Thank you so much for your kind words :blush: . It happened 12 years ago and I still have issues that I'm working through, but I'm lucky to have a husband so patient and understanding to help me.
    So glad to hear. I imagine there will always be scars but the best "fuck you" to those low-life idiots is a happy life. They think they can have control, that they're entitled to it even, the very fact that they behaved that way shows how little control they have. My sister went through something similar and I'm still fuming about it years later. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @sarah0985

are we married to the same man??? Haha my husband sounds a lot like yours! I've had to have many lengthy conversations with him explaining how being adventurous in that area is a major turn on and how sex in bed is usually amazing, but sometimes I want the couch.. Kitchen.. Etc. Now he is much more adventurous (for him)! We started using toys so maybe you two could consider that. It definitely helped revvv things up.

Just out of curiosity.. Do y'all have a big age difference? We do and I sometimes wonder if that explains this problem. 
  • g8rmama_16g8rmama_16 member
    edited January 2016
    @lecool thank you! Purchased! I only wish it was prime so I didn't have to wait!!
    ETA I went with the mini because I am not used to using a larger toy. Hopefully it is as good as the bigger one!
    Also, my old bullet only has 4 speeds and high just ain't that high, if you know what I mean. Looking forward to all these options!!
  • Who usually initiates sex, you or your SO/DH?
    DH most of the time. I'm like some of you in being useless at initiating without saying "hey, let's do it"

How old were you when you lost your virginity? (stories welcome!)
    i was young. Maybe 17. Had an older boyfriend who said he'd break up with me if I didn't do it. I lost my virginity to him and we still broke up after that. It was horrible. 

in a pool down south. Not so classy. But super fun. (I'm no longer that adventurous) 

Are you loud during sex?
    most of the time. It's hard not to be!

weekend plans?
    yesterday was our one year anniversary. We had lunch with DH new employer since he starts Monday and then spent the night playing board games and having some drinks  with my mom and her husband. It was fun! Tonight is dinner at a friends and tomorrow family dinner. Not usually this busy but just moved back to a city with our family and friends after being away 4 years 
  • PensiveCrayonPensiveCrayon member
    edited January 2016
    Who usually initiates sex, you or your SO/DH? Usually DH. I don't have too much of a sex drive :neutral: But now that we're TTC I'll tell him what we need to do and when!

How old were you when you lost your virginity? (stories welcome!) 23, wedding night. Aayyyyy, @longliveregina! Religious reasons for us, too. It was actually sort of the perfect wedding night story anyone could have. They tell you not to expect much, but... :smile: 

Craziest place you have ever had sex? We're super vanilla, so I'd have to say in the closet of my grad school dorm after DH hadn't seen me for a couple weeks. (It was a low-residency program.) I had a roommate who was out for an unknown amount of time, so it was very exciting/daring. ;)

Are you loud during sex? Not really.

First Boyfriend? D to the H. We started dating at the end of sophomore year of high school. Yeah...we're that couple.

Weekend Plans? Go to this coffee shop as soon as DH gets off the phone! Argh. (But as a side note, I had a super fun morning. I went to a fitness class with a friend from church and we went to Costco with her baby afterwards, and it was just something I really needed.)

ETA: A couple things. First of all, @WA85 Geez that sucks. I'm so, so sorry. Second of all, this thread is actually super interesting for me, as a YA author. I had a pretty atypical experience re: losing it, so I don't know what's normal. This is like research for me!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Who usually initiates sex, you or your SO/DH? 60/40 with me in the lead.

How old were you when you lost your virginity? (stories welcome!) 24; with DH, I was planning to wait til our wedding night but didn't. Religious reasons for us, too. I remember if was fall about six months into our relationship. We lived an hour apart and he usually did the drive to me. I got the night off and surprised him at home. He still lived with his parents but they weren't home. He was completely surprised! I didn't plan to go all the way but it happened! It was really awkward at breakfast the next morning as he had left for work and I had to face his parents alone:/

Craziest place you have ever had sex? We're super vanilla also! When we just purchased our house we were over cleaning and it got late. we decided to Christin the house in the living room without any curtains!

Are you loud during sex? Not much any more...but when we had sex at his parents I used to have to bite a pillow!

First Boyfriend? DH

Weekend Plans? We drove two hours to order DH's desk today; we didn't even get lunch out of it:( Then his dad's friend came by to make his plan to finish our basement (I'm excited for this!) After dinner I'm going to prime future LO's nursery. Haven't chosen a color but two walls are really bright blue and we need it primed before painting it. I've wanted the hideous color gone for over a year now. Tomorrow we are shopping for basement supplies after I teach Sunday school.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
    ~Formerly @dogmomwantinghuman ~
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP #1: 11/30/15| MC 12/16/15BFP # 2: 6/2/16 | EDD 2/16/17

H pretty much always wants sex so he waits for me to initiate.  I don't believe he has ever turned me down...

17, senior in HS with my boyfriend at that time.  I vividly remember it being boring/uncomfortable - to the point I remember glancing at the clock frequently wondering when it would be over.  And he kept "stepping" on my hair with his hand and painfully pulling it because he wasn't paying any attention at all to my face.  Man sex really sucked as a teenager.  People hype losing your virginity so damn much.

I'm really not an exhibitionist so probably the craziest place was on a balcony.  Technically someone could have walked by, looked up and seen us.  But it was like 2 am so that wasn't really a likelihood.  

Are you loud during sex?
    You know I never really thought I was until H's friend moved in with us temporarily.  Now I have to be extremely mindful of that.
  • Who usually initiates sex, you or your SO/DH?   Usually me.  Sometimes I have to drag him to the bedroom.

How old were you when you lost your virginity? (stories welcome!)  @longliveregina I was 26 too, and it was on our honeymoon!!  We tried to do it the night after our wedding but it um... didn't exactly work.  Took us a few days to figure it out :wink: 

Craziest place you have ever had sex?  We are pretty boring so I would have to say in my grandmother's house while she was sleeping in the room next door.

Are you loud during sex?  Yeeeeppp... And we currently have a guy renting out our basement so I'm really struggling with the whole quiet sex thing.
  • wintersongwintersong member
    edited January 2016
    @emilyIRL our wedding night and honeymoon were pretty much perfect sex wise, too. I was totally not expecting it to be good at all because it was my first.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • MRSCORKER said:
    WA85 said:
    MRSCORKER said:
    So glad to hear. I imagine there will always be scars but the best "fuck you" to those low-life idiots is a happy life. They think they can have control, that they're entitled to it even, the very fact that they behaved that way shows how little control they have. My sister went through something similar and I'm still fuming about it years later. 
    Thank you and @Lecool for being so supportive! There are some sick people in this world! *sorry for late response. My phone app hasn't been recognizing that I'm logged in for some reason :/ . I hope everyone has a great weekend :D
    TTC #1: March 2011 (slightly before)
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    Several HSG's sprinkled throughout the years to up my chances of a BFP
    Several dilation of cervix because they suspect the scar tissue is hindering it from fully opening (partially adds to the severe cramps all month)
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016
    ER-Retrieved 22 eggs 10 fertilized
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET estimated end of Feb, beginning of March

• @WA85 how horrible!  I am so so sorry that happened to you. Some people just really suck. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 1- I usually initiate 
    2- 13 i am not proud of this, no it was not consensual, I still have depression and anxiety issues from this now, thankfully DH understands.
    3- nowhere really all that crazy :-/ I'm kinda boring. A building site once, but DH is a builder
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • PennStateCaitPennStateCait member
    edited January 2016
    Who usually initiates sex, you or your SO/DH? Usually DH. His sex drive > my sex drive.

How old were you when you lost your virginity? (stories welcome!) I had just turned 18. Pretty sure we skipped school... either way this boyfriend of mine and I ended up at my house alone.

Craziest place you have ever had sex? A college baseball field dugout.

Are you loud during sex? A little bit, sure.

eta: @Aphillips95 I am so sorry about your answer to #2. My little sister has the same story and that fact fills me with rage. She also still suffers from depression as a result. I'm so, so, so sorry. Hugs.

Me: 28  DH: 28
    TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    Dx: Both tubes blocked, PCOS, DOR, RPL
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    Instagram: KateDoesIVF

• @PennStateCait thanks, sorry to hear about your sister :-( I've always tried not to let it get to me or define me, the worst part about it was that I never told anyone, besides DH this is actually the first time I've ever put it into words, it's probably contributed a lot to my depression over the years, but life goes on... Felt good to write that out though lol
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • fitlady21 said:
    @sarah0985

are we married to the same man??? Haha my husband sounds a lot like yours! I've had to have many lengthy conversations with him explaining how being adventurous in that area is a major turn on and how sex in bed is usually amazing, but sometimes I want the couch.. Kitchen.. Etc. Now he is much more adventurous (for him)! We started using toys so maybe you two could consider that. It definitely helped revvv things up.

Just out of curiosity.. Do y'all have a big age difference? We do and I sometimes wonder if that explains this problem. 
    Hahaha. I wonder that sometimes when I read about other people. No big age difference. I'm one year older. So pretty much the same. I have a vibrator and we have used it sometimes. Maybe I'll break it back out and see if I can make it fun again. 
    To be honest I think one of the biggest issues is that he has braces. I can't wait for them to come off. I'm not comfortable making out with them on and I really am not comfortable with anything oral with them on. 

TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020

• @Aphillips95 and @WA85
    im so sorry for both of your stories. What awful memories those must be for you two. 
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
    DH unless it's my FW

Ugh.. 16. And it was not a romantic or sweet story. A very, very stupid mistake...

Someone's yard... And not the person I was having sex with

Are you loud during sex?
    yes.. Sometimes

@WA85 and @Aphillips95 I'm very sorry. Unfortunately I understand. It wasn't my first time, I was 21 and alone in a bar.. But I will never forget. But like you said @Aphillips95, DH has always been wonderful about it. Creepy internet hugs to you both. 

Thanks for this ladies! I needed this
  • @WA85 @Aphillips95 @murray1030 So sorry to see so many of you with stories like these. *HUGS*

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker