Eating for Three! — The Bump
September 2016 Moms

Eating for Three!

Hi Ladies,
We just found out at our first ultrasound that we're having twins! However, because of the nausea, I can't eat nearly as much as I should be. My doc has me meeting with a nutritionist soon, but in the meantime, what suggestions do you have for slipping in a few extra calories? I usually have an easy time with fluids, so I'm especially interested in your favorite protein/meal-replacement shakes. One twin is measuring a few days behind the other, so that's not helping my nerves, which makes the nausea even worse...
erinmarie86

Re: Eating for Three!

• Congrats! I secretly want twins so I'm just going to live vicariously through you lol. And don't worry about the size difference, they're never the same size (in ute to or out). As for calories, Greek yogurt is packed with calories and nutrients. Also, Jif has these new peanut butter bites....I can't resist them. 
    persingermaThemaritimemama
  • Congratulations! I've got twins on the way as well. In addition to having six-year-old twins. I've always enjoyed Herbalife protein shakes. I add some ice, strawberries and bananas and blend it all together. 

PP is right, I wouldn't worry if one is a tad smaller. It's different if there's a drastic difference but I'm sure your little beans will be fine. I honestly don't remember if there was too much of a difference while I was pregnant with my first twins but at birth DS was 6 lbs. 4 oz. while DD was 6 lbs. 12 oz.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

persingermaSmashbox29netsirk2013
  • Congrats on the twins! Still early to worry unless you are very thin. 

I too do Herbalife shakes and love them. Great easy way to get some protein and energy you need to bake those babies. :) 

I also really want twins. Kinda jelly! :) 
    persingerma
  • Congrats! I like shakes with avocado and honey, any fruit and lots of greek yogurt. Lots of good fats in there!
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
    persingerma
  • When I was postpartum and not getting enough calories I drank a boost or ensure every morning (not the healthiest of calories) but it got me a good 350 calories first thing in the morning. Added olive oil to food, drank some juice, etc. Extra calories are hard when nauseous, do your best! Babies will pull the nutrients!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    persingerma