Stress and Pregnancy does not mix!!!!!! — The Bump
September 2016 Moms

Stress and Pregnancy does not mix!!!!!!

I'm stressed and upset about so much :(  My step dad stresses me out so badly. He explains things to me so badly and so hurtful because he just doesn't give a flying crap. A lot of people don't like him and think he's a scumbag  (excuse my language) The other night I was pissing him off and I didn't even do anything. I was looking for a sharpie marker and he just yells at me because I was looking for a sharpie. My mom gave me the sharpie, All I wanted to do was write my name on my pregnancy results and give it to my mom, since she has my 20 year old sisters, and I wanted her to know witch one is witch. Now here I am, getting the abdominal pain and a headache on top of it, and I was starving. I think it was the baby's way of saying just get away from the situation, so I ended the situation, and got a meatball since my mom made spaghetti and meatballs witch came out really good (LOL). So me and my mom, were talking, and like the person he is, he starts not minding his own business, and yells at me again. I was willing to drop the conversation, but nope not him. The next thing he was screaming at me because he has nothing else better to do but to bully everybody in the house. Then the next thing, I snapped. So here I am thinking He's doing it on purpose because he knows I don't need his baby BS, on top of it, my hormones flew off the roof, I had abdominal pain badly because I was screaming so much, and a pounding headache and more things to worry about when I have my child. Then he blamed me that I took his sword, because I was found in my room. To be honest,  My mom told me earlier, and when she told me about it, I had no idea it was even in my room hidden. I didn't even see the sword before, and I haven't been with my mother for a month and a half because of his last stunt that he pulled I am staying at my Bf house. So he calls me a thief and a liar, and I CURSED HIM SO BADLY, I TOLD HIM CURSE WORDS THAT I WOULD NEVER SAY.  Then he decides to threaten me and gets in my face, wanting to hit me, and my mom stepped in front of me and told him in these exact words, " Don't you dare hit my pregnant daughter!!!" Then she got in his face and then he decides putting his hands on her then, somebody called the cops, and the whole 9 yards.  My mom was so pissed, at him, but a little mad at me because we were arguing so badly, and took a little risk because I'm pregnant. So my mom calms me down and wants to start with me again. I just ignored it, I don't need his baby BS anymore. I'm stressed out about this because now I'm afraid, of him doing something to my child when my munchkin gets older. Then I decided, he's not allowed to see my child without supervision. It can be my mother, or my sister since the father goes to work and he wants me staying home raising the little munchkin. That night, I went home and had abdominal pain, Now it seems I get these pains when I get stressed out. So now I do stuff that doesn't stress me out like music and sleeping (LOL). Ladies, if you know a person who stresses you out like myself, I advise you to keep away from that person. If you can't , try to ignore and try to keep the peace.  It's not smart to argue with that person, because you may never know if that person is going to harm you and your child in anyway and you might not always have somebody next to you to protect you. It's safe for you and your baby to be away from a person who stress you out. Especially if it's as bad as mine, and it's a way to get a bit more stress off your back for you and your baby. Trust me when I say,  I LEARNED THE HARD WAY. I don't want this happening to any other mom's to be. It really is a scary event that could happen during your pregnancy :(. I had to get this off my chest, and I'm sorry for such a big post, I wanted to tell other mothers to be, it's not safe for you and your baby to be in that kind of environment it's really unhealthy. 

Re: Stress and Pregnancy does not mix!!!!!!

• I'm so sorry you had to go through this. This sounds like a dangerous situation for you, your baby, and your mother. It may be a good idea for you to avoid being around your stepfather, if that's possible. The next time you see your doctor, you can discuss the situation with her. She can help point you to resources for you and your mother. There are plenty of support groups that can help,  especially with making sure that your stepfather is NOT allowed to be around your child. This would be hard enough to deal with even if you weren't pregnant, and I wish you the best of luck. Fortunately, help is out there so you won't have to deal with it alone. 
    SmurfBaby5
  • I guess my first question is how old are you? It sounds like you are fairly young if you are being forced to live in such an enviornment. I would certainly seek alternative living situations if possible and there are a ton of resources for adults with children as far as food, clothing, and shelter go. Your situation is not ok, normal, acceptable, or anything you should be a part of which I'm sure you know. I do hope you find a better enviornment to raise your child as soon as possible because this is just not it. The constant fighting alone is enough to seek alternatives. You should get out in the community and ask around. Find options and make some good decisions for you and your child. Best of luck to you dear!! We are all here for you! :-)

SmurfBaby5
  • I guess my first question is how old are you? It sounds like you are fairly young if you are being forced to live in such an enviornment. I would certainly seek alternative living situations if possible and there are a ton of resources for adults with children as far as food, clothing, and shelter go. Your situation is not ok, normal, acceptable, or anything you should be a part of which I'm sure you know. I do hope you find a better enviornment to raise your child as soon as possible because this is just not it. The constant fighting alone is enough to seek alternatives. You should get out in the community and ask around. Find options and make some good decisions for you and your child. Best of luck to you dear!! We are all here for you! :-)
    Hi, the answer to your question is that I am very young. I'm 18 years young. I'm staying at my boyfriends house until my step-dad leaves to move back to Georgia. My mom and my step-father are separated. My mom just moved and needed his help to pack and move and she needed all the help she could get because she had really bad rheumatoid arthritis. I was just over there for dinner to catch up on things and helping me with stuff for the new baby. I haven't been living with my mom for over a month and a half, because this isn't the first time he did something childish. He is not allowed to see my child unless I'm there or/and my mother is around. My step-father doesn't pick on me, he would pick on my 10 year old brother just by yelling at him and blaming him for stuff that he hasn't done. He picks on anybody because he's a bully and my mother told him that. This was the reason why my mother is done with him, she told me its not healthy for her and my little brother and sister, and It's not healthy & the fact I had to deal with his baby bs drama, I told my boyfriend, he need to stop causing drama, acting like a baby, and he needs to grow the hell up and be a man. I have no respect for him and i have no trust for him. I'm like so done with his drama its not even funny. I don't need the stress and I told him that but obviously, he doesn't give a crap because he's a selfish person and he wants to tell me I'm heartless because I left my moms to stay with my boyfriend until he leaves so I won't have stress and won't have a miscarriage. I'm telling you he's a fucking scumbag (excuse my french).  And thank you for being here for me, because I don't have a lot of people to talk to, but I like talking to other mothers, as well, I can get a lot of info as well and make some friends (LOL).