Trying to Get Pregnant

Had AF but pregnancy symptoms + negative hpt

My husband and I are TTC. My "period" came on January 9th which was 4 days early and it only lasted 4 days and it normally lasts 6. I didn't even cramp during it and I normally cramp very badly. So assumed I wasn't pregnant and I'm still assuming I'm not. But for the past week I have been so nauseated and even thrown up a couple times, I have developed a cold and my mucus is extreme, I've got slight cramps today only, I'm hungry a lot, and I'm descharging more than normal. I just seem to have lots of symptoms of pregnancy but I had a negative clear blue test. Is there still a chance I could be pregnant? My body is pretty normal all the time and I can't understand this sudden change without thinking it's because I'm pregnant. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Re: Had AF but pregnancy symptoms + negative hpt

• No there is not.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• My husband and I are TTC. My "period" came on January 9th which was 4 days early and it only lasted 4 days and it normally lasts 6. I didn't even cramp during it and I normally cramp very badly. So assumed I wasn't pregnant and I'm still assuming I'm not. But for the past week I have been so nauseated and even thrown up a couple times, I have developed a cold and my mucus is extreme, I've got slight cramps today only, I'm hungry a lot, and I'm descharging more than normal. I just seem to have lots of symptoms of pregnancy but I had a negative clear blue test. Is there still a chance I could be pregnant? My body is pretty normal all the time and I can't understand this sudden change without thinking it's because I'm pregnant. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
    QFP

I know this isn't what you want to hear, and I'm sorry about that, but that 4-day bleeding was probably your period.  There is a stomach bug going around, I'm sorry if you caught it.  I think I have it too and it has messed with my symptoms.  

We don't symptom spot here, I suggest you read the pinned threads at the top, and grab a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility.  If you take a positive test, no need to update, feel free to move along to your month board.  Good luck!  
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Nope. Not pregnant. 
    Married 2011
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Fur child: One awesome Golden Retriever
    IUI August 2016  : Cancelled due to polyp
    September 2016: Polyp removal/hysteroscopy
    October 2016: IUI #1- BFN
    November 2016: IUI #2- BFN
    December 2016: IUI #3 - BFN
    January/February 2017 - IVF + ICSI + PGD
    March 2017 - FET

• ****Lurker tw signature*****

Unfortunately if you had AF even if it didn't last as long as usual you are not pregnant at this time. The other symptoms you are talking about sounds like the flu and beginning of your fertile week. Good luck and if you plan on sticking around lurk a little more, those post usually dont go well around here!
  • So, assuming that your "period" was not a period, you'd be, what, 30DPO? Sorry, but if you're not turning a HPT at that point, then no, you could not possibly be pregnant. You had your period. You did not have a "period." Also, how do you know your "period"/period was 4 days early? Are you temping or charting? Also, you're normal until you're not. Also, it sounds like you've got some kind of flu. 
  • edited January 2016
    The only symptom of pregnancy that counts is a positive hpt. All other "symptoms" can probably be attributed to something else if the tests are negative. If the period you had was red blood and you needed to use pads/tampons, it was your period, regardless of difference in number of days. Things can vary. Bodies are weird. 

I agree with PP, it sounds like the flu + entering fertile week. I highly recommend reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility to learn more about your body and how everything works. 

ETA: andplusalso

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Sounds like you got your period to me.
  • A period is still a period whether it's early or late, light or heavy, long or short. 
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• I'm so sorry this is so confusing to you, but I would go by the BFN.  This is also a great time to start temping and tracking CM (maybe the descharging is you getting geared up to O?).  Please lurk more, read the newbie threads and jump in on the WTO threads.  I think you'll find a lot of support and info here, even when it's not what you want to hear initially.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• It is against the terms of use to ask if you are pregnant. Read the posted newbie threads, start charting your basal body temp, read Taking Charge of Your Fertility, then start participating in the WTO/TWW threads.
    BabyGaga
  • You are currently not pregnant. Are you taking any medicine that has expectorant in it? That could be causing your excess discharge if you aren't in your fertile window. Take some medicine and get some rest. If you are in your fertile window, it's up to you whether you want to have sex or feel up to it to TTC.

TTC + medicated cycles
    3/2015: Start TTC
    8/2015: PCOS Dx
    4/2016: BFP, Loss (4+5)
    2/2017: BFP

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe
  • Look at it this way, OP - now that you know what was probably going on, you can start temping/using OPKs, whatever your fancy is, and solidly find what's going on each month. It is empowering and I hope you stick around to learn from the wonderful women here.  
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Sounds like you might be getting sick....

• Thank yall so much for replying! And fyi I am new to this site. Sorry for posting asking if anyone has been in my shoes when apparently I wasn't supposed to? Thought that's what this site was for, but oh well. Thanks for the respectful replies from most of you!
  • For those of you who posted a rude reaponse? Put yourself in my shoes. We have been trying for a while. I want to be pregnant more than anything in this world. Therefore any symptom that seems odd or different to me, is going to make me think I could be pregnant. I've never experienced pregnancy before and have no idea what to expect.
  • For those of you who posted a rude reaponse? Put yourself in my shoes. We have been trying for a while. I want to be pregnant more than anything in this world. Therefore any symptom that seems odd or different to me, is going to make me think I could be pregnant. I've never experienced pregnancy before and have no idea what to expect.
    Nobody was rude to you, andplusalso there are a lot people that here that have been trying for a while and a lot of us would like to be pregnant more than anything in the world too. It can take a healthy couple a year to conceive. Calm down OP.
  • Yes, I am charting with two different apps. Both said it was late. Therefore it was late. I'm not assuming it was late.
    No one was rude.... lots of people here have been trying for awhile, myself included. 

• WitandWhimsyWitandWhimsy member
    edited January 2016
    Yes, I am charting with two different apps. Both said it was late. Therefore it was late. I'm not assuming it was late.
    Just an FYI - Charting means taking your BBT. This thread will help you know what we're talking about  THE ULTIMATE TTGP GUIDE- NEWBIES READ THIS FIRST

Period tracking apps are next useless. Your body do not follow a calendar, and therefore you can ovulate at different times during your cycle. You will get your period based on the day you ovulate therefore your period is never late.

ETA - Fixing grammar errors
    I understand being excited, frustrated and confused all at the same time, I really do. Ttc is a roller coaster for sure. However I would have at least read the clearly labeled rules of this board before diving in and asking an "am I pregnant " question. Or at the very least just apologized instead of calling people rude when they told me it wasn't appropriate 

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: August 2014
    TTC #1 Since March 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS March 2016
    SA results normal April 2016
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + TI = BFN
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN
    Uterine polyp removed July 2017
    Round 1 IVF January 2018

• I guess I just was asking of anyone had ever been in my situation. Instead of a bunch of "Nope, not pregnant"s and "youre not allowed to post that" I mean trying is frustrating enough especially after BFN after BFN. I didn't expect to feel like a moron after posting my concerns.
  • Ugh I'm deleting my post. Never knew about any rules just had a simple question and wanted some answers. Wish I knew everything like some of you guys do :)
  • I guess I just was asking of anyone had ever been in my situation. Instead of a bunch of "Nope, not pregnant"s and "youre not allowed to post that" I mean trying is frustrating enough especially after BFN after BFN. I didn't expect to feel like a moron after posting my concerns.
    We're all in your situation since this is a trying to get pregnant board.  Every one of us is facing the same disappointments. Lurk a little to see how this community works. Giving support before expecting it is a good place to start as well

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: August 2014
    TTC #1 Since March 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS March 2016
    SA results normal April 2016
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + TI = BFN
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN
    Uterine polyp removed July 2017
    Round 1 IVF January 2018

• Good luck to you all. Hope I don't have to exaggerate every symptom much longer and can finally get a BFP
  • Ugh I'm deleting my post. Never knew about any rules just had a simple question and wanted some answers. Wish I knew everything like some of you guys do :)
    I don't get the hostility? Nobody's experience here has any bearing on yours. You can't delete your post either. 
  • hunnybunny17hunnybunny17 member
    edited January 2016
    ikarg607 said:
    Ugh I'm deleting my post. Never knew about any rules just had a simple question and wanted some answers. Wish I knew everything like some of you guys do
    Stick around. Most of us came here knowing nothing about charting, bbt,  etc. We know all of these things because of this board and the knowledge that is shared every day. New members come, learn about the science from the regulars, the newbies become regulars, and they continue to pass that knowledge onto the new members as the regulars move on.

Edited format

TTC + medicated cycles
    3/2015: Start TTC
    8/2015: PCOS Dx
    4/2016: BFP, Loss (4+5)
    2/2017: BFP

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe
  • This thread has been closed. Please do not post pictures of your pregnancy test or ask the Community if you are pregnant. Instead, please visit our 1st Trimester board to discuss early possible pregnancy symptoms and the thread pinned to the top of this board called, “What does a positive pregnancy test really look like?” where members are permitted to display their pregnancy tests.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"