September 2015 Moms

Sleeping in her crib!

Well I did it. I put her in her room to sleep in her crib from her bassinet in ours. And she has done great! I thought she was ready as she was pretty much sleeping through the night. Had just one wake up at 4 am. I, on the other had, never thought I would ever be ready. But now since for the last three nights she has slept there, it's nice to not tip toe and hope I don't wake her while I get ready for work. Introduced oatmeal cereal last night and she slept all night! So proud of my baby girl! She's growing so fast.

Any proud moments anyone would like to share?

Re: Sleeping in her crib!

• I was also sad when we move DS a few weeks ago but found I really liked having my room back in the evenings :) 

DS has begun sitting on his own.  He has been doing the tri-pod for a while but only recently started using his trunk muscles for a full sit up.  I also dropped our Merlin Sleepsuit after he started unzipping it MOTN, he did great! No issues for naps or overnight. 

He has started pulling his knees under him, I think he will be up on all fours soon.  I was going through old videos of DS1 from around this time and it just really hit home that crawling and pulling up will be here before I know it. I'm really excited because this really is my favorite part of the baby stage! 
  • I feel like I'm super behind, but my girl has been sleeping on her own for almost two hours in her bassinet in our room and I'm ecstatic! She is usually a terrible sleeper on her own and it's going so well tonight!
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel like I'm super behind, but my girl has been sleeping on her own for almost two hours in her bassinet in our room and I'm ecstatic! She is usually a terrible sleeper on her own and it's going so well tonight!
    Don't feel bad this is pretty much us too!  That is actually what prompted me to start attempting the crib at night.   If he's not sleeping anyways we might as well be working on some changes lol.  We are taking very small steps though.   Right now my goal is to keep him in the crib until midnight.   Last night he woke up 2x between 830 bedtime aND 12:15.  I'm also attempting to stretch out his first feeding to midnight,  since he should be able to go 4 hours by this point.

So between his last feeding/falling asleep between 8-830 and any time before midnight. .. I pick him up and rock him, and put him back in the crib.   After midnight I bring him to bed with me and feed him.  He's been sleeping pretty bad, even in bed with me lately, but last night he did better after I brought him in the bed.   When he starts sleeping through the 4 hour stretch in the beginning I will work on putting him back after the first feeding. 

I know alot of people think it should be all or nothing,  but these small steps seem much more doable for me!  He's practicing in his crib,  but we are both still getting some sleep!  I dinner believe he's at the age yet where he's manipulating me to get to my bed.   He wakes up and cries because he's just not a very good sleeper yet... but he's goes back to sleep quickly, with a little rocking. 

• We just got baby Sam in his crib. He would sleep a good 4-8 stretch in his pack n play bassinet, wake up once or twice to eat and then sleep more. Then all at once we had to drop the swaddle, he got too big for the bassinet so we introduced the crib and he hit the four month sleep regression. After four nightmarish weeks of waking every hour and refusing to sleep anywhere but next to me or on my husband's chest, last night we finally got him sleeping in the crib. Now he's finally doing all his naps and the night in the crib. He's still waking every three hours, let's hope it continues to gradually turn into longer stretches. Congratulations on all your accomplishments ladies!