Trying to Get Pregnant

Benched/TTA Mid-Week Check-In (1/28)

Mid-week check in!

How has the week been going so far?

Any rants or raves or things to get off your chest?

Need a CS or have a question?

GTKY: What is your favourite dessert?

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

Re: Benched/TTA Mid-Week Check-In (1/28)

• Mid-week check in!

How has the week been going so far? Good!  My butt has been kicked pretty hard because I am on my third day straight of teaching Buti yoga.  I am reallllly excited for rest day on Friday.  It's funny how much more sore you get as the teacher.  It's because you can never take a break, take a modification, etc.  Teaching is definitely the best work out, haha.

Any rants or raves or things to get off your chest? I've been harassing H to keep his phone out of his front pocket since seeing those studies showing the negative effects on sperm in men who keep their phone in their front pocket.  H is a forgetful man.  sigh.

Need a CS or have a question? I think I'm good.  My temps are really low this luteal phase - barely above my cover line.  Thought it was kinda weird, but whatev.

GTKY: What is your favourite dessert?So I currently eat grain free, dairy free so that actually removes a lot of my old favorites.  Right now I'm loving a good dark chocolate with fruit.  Mmmmmm so good.
  • How has the week been going so far?
    It's okay. We're TTA because we're in Mexico and my doctor recommended TTA because of the Zika outbreak. I'm in my FW and it's quite the bummer to be wasting a perfectly good cycle. At the same time, I'm confident in our decision and the peace off mind will be totally worth it in the long run.

Any rants or raves or things to get off your chest? We are having a really wonderful vacation!

Need a CS or have a question?
    No, my chart is spotty because waking up at 6 am is not high on my list of priorities while vacationing.

GTKY: What is your favourite dessert? They have this lava cake and a turtle cheesecake here that are to die for!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me - 33    DH - 30 
    Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since January 2016
    BFP 03/14/16
    EDD 11/22/16

• Loading the player...
  • How has the week been going so far? Good. AF is here. Yay! -_-

Any rants or raves or things to get off your chest? I uh.. I forgot that I was supposed to report for jury duty today. I have the number to call if I can't be there at home, but I feel like at that point it's redundant... but I also feel like I'm going to get arrested if I don't call and leave a message. I don't want to lie, either, but I feel honesty is best. I just don't think "I'm bleeding from my vagina and spent last night shitting my brains out and fighting nausea as a result; so I didn't even remember I had jury duty." is the best thing to say...

Need a CS or have a question? Nah. Just gonna sit over here and worry about getting arrested or something.

GTKY: What is your favourite dessert? Cheesecake. Cherry cheesecake, or actual real homemade cheesecake.

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• izza2 said:
    How has the week been going so far? Good. AF is here. Yay! -_-

Any rants or raves or things to get off your chest? I uh.. I forgot that I was supposed to report for jury duty today. I have the number to call if I can't be there at home, but I feel like at that point it's redundant... but I also feel like I'm going to get arrested if I don't call and leave a message. I don't want to lie, either, but I feel honesty is best. I just don't think "I'm bleeding from my vagina and spent last night shitting my brains out and fighting nausea as a result; so I didn't even remember I had jury duty." is the best thing to say...

Need a CS or have a question? Nah. Just gonna sit over here and worry about getting arrested or something.

GTKY: What is your favourite dessert? Cheesecake. Cherry cheesecake, or actual real homemade cheesecake.
    I mean... it's worth a try!

Hahaha loved this <3
  • @izza2 OMG, I think you should definitely leave that excuse on the voicemail. Then they'll think, holy cow, this woman is nuts, and they won't even bother following up!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Me - 33    DH - 30 
    Married May 2015
    BFP 03/14/16
    EDD 11/22/16

• How has the week been going so far? Not great

Any rants or raves or things to get off your chest? I found out some really bad news about a much-loved relative. F Cancer. 

Need a CS or have a question? I need a CS please!  I was surprised to see FF giving me cross hairs, even dotted ones, this soon.  I feel like I MAY have O'd yesterday at the earliest, but I've been getting lots of EWCM the past few days.  I'm nervous about sex on CD 13 if I actually ovulated on CD 15, but I think CD 17 is more likely.  Hopefully if I keep temping it will move them.

CS1.jpg 102.7K
  • edited January 2016
    @housewifehobbyist what happens when you put in a couple more days of high temps? I would guess that you'll get solid CH on CD17 if that's the case.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Me - 33    DH - 30 
    Married May 2015
    BFP 03/14/16
    EDD 11/22/16

• @housewifehobbyist I mean even if you did ovulate on CD17 having unprotected sex on CD13 is still totally within fertile time.  I think you just need to give it a couple more days, but I agree that CD17 looks likely.

• Thanks ladies!  You were right, if I put in future high temps it moves my cross hairs to CD17, which puts CD13 in possible but unlikely territory (coming from someone who has had five cycles of perfectly timed sex without success). 
  • @housewifehobbyist I just noticed your cake gif and cannot stop giggling <3
  • How has the week been going so far? ah, not my favorite week. But not the worst. DH started his last semester of grad school this week. Lots of emotions and intense thoughts this week. Thinking of the future and trying not to be overly worried. So many things are going to change in the next 4-6 months. Trying to treat it like the grand adventure I never had. 

Any rants or raves or things to get off your chest? My first order of Wondfo opks and pregnancy tests should arrive tomorrow. A littler early, but I like being prepared. I believe my Mabis will be getting here too. I start temping next cycle. Getting so antsy! Last cycle on birth control right now. Ugh! I hate condoms. I am going to miss my Nuvaring. 

Need a CS or have a question? nope. Next cycle I'm sure I will have loads of questions. 

GTKY: What is your favourite dessert? I don't know! Gosh, this is a hard one. I have a sweet tooth, so I'm really not picking. My favorite would probably have to be something warm and gooey. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How has the week been going so far?
    Not bad - super busy at work but lots of good things. DH is up for a promotion at work, which he found out about on Wednesday. He'll know by mid-Feb if he got the job, which would almost double his salary! 

Any rants or raves or things to get off your chest?
    We had sex for the first time since the miscarriage - it was nice and not overly emotional, though I did have a bit of a hard time getting out of my head and into the moment. We'll get there...

Need a CS or have a question? I keep forgetting to temp in the morning, so no CS!

Ice cream with berries, or with honey, sunflower seeds and a dash of sea salt. 
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• @mrsstuessy So excited for you that you are starting up charting!!  make sure you have Fertility Friend downloaded so you can keep track of all the info.  Don't be nervous - we will be here for you to help you out :)

@AL_TwinCities Crossing my fingers for your H!  That would be so wonderful :)
  • antoto said:
    @mrsstuessy So excited for you that you are starting up charting!!  make sure you have Fertility Friend downloaded so you can keep track of all the info.  Don't be nervous - we will be here for you to help you out :)

Thanks! I am excited too. I have Fertility Friend ready to go and a couple other apps. I will probably use FF because everyone says it is the best. But, I will probably also use another, prettier one too. I don't know, I'm indecisive. Also, I can't decide if I should pay for FF or just stick with the free version. Does anyone know if paying is worth it? 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @housewifehobbyist sorry about the bad news!

@izza2 sorry about AF arriving. Boo hiss.

How has the week been going so far? Hmm... work has been stressful,  and we've completely procrastinated on finishing the last few nagging rental house tasks, so I feel like that's hanging over my head. Otherwise, we've relaxed a lot and we had our house cleaned yesterday and it was lovely. 

Any rants or raves or things to get off your chest? I keep randomly feeling emotional about the MC. Like out of nowhere it hits me, and then it takes me a few minutes to recover. I'm hoping that being back to TTC will help me have something positive to focus on in that area.

Need a CS or have a question? Uhm... does anyone have a roomba? We are thinking of buying one and I was curious if anyone loves/hates theirs. Sorry I'm totally random today.

GTKY: What is your favourite dessert? I am actually a really good baker, so I can bake most anything and I have a wicked sweet tooth so this is hard!! My go to is a chocolate chip cookie with a glass of milk, but the best thing I have maybe ever made was a caramel apple upside down cake with cream cheese frosting. Oh and also this dark chocolate torte. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • antoto said:
    @mrsstuessy So excited for you that you are starting up charting!!  make sure you have Fertility Friend downloaded so you can keep track of all the info.  Don't be nervous - we will be here for you to help you out :)

Thanks! I am excited too. I have Fertility Friend ready to go and a couple other apps. I will probably use FF because everyone says it is the best. But, I will probably also use another, prettier one too. I don't know, I'm indecisive. Also, I can't decide if I should pay for FF or just stick with the free version. Does anyone know if paying is worth it? 
    @mrsstuessy I have the free one right now and it seems completely sufficient to me.  When I start TTC I will probably just keep up with the free one and if we go like 6 months and still not BFP maybe I'll upgrade then?  But yeah the free one is great.
  • antoto said
    @mrsstuessy I have the free one right now and it seems completely sufficient to me.  When I start TTC I will probably just keep up with the free one and if we go like 6 months and still not BFP maybe I'll upgrade then?  But yeah the free one is great.
    ok, that is what I thought. I did chart one cycle at the beginning of the summer, before I went on BC. It was just for fun, and because I love knowing what my body is doing. So, I do have a tiny bit of practice. I am pretty sure I saw ovulation that month. I will probably do the same thing. I don't want to have to pay if I don't need to. I will give it a few months at least before I think about the paid version then. Thanks!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mrsstuessy -- I think you get a free VIP "trial" when you sign up for FF, so that you can experience it for a month or something. And if you have twitter or don't mind making an account just for the purpose - FF frequently sends out coupons for free VIP memberships (for a month/months, or a year). I nabbed a month of VIP after running out of the trial run.
    Once we go back to TTC, if it takes us longer then 4-5 months, I'll probably splurge and buy the VIP membership. I really just love the stop light that they have for CM. :3

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023