September 2016 Moms

Slightly confused....

This morning was my first appt. Did all the usual stuff and weight. Which im not thrilled about my 167lbs self. Then followed by an u/s. Very exciting. But my LMP and u/s due dates are off by 7 days! LMP says EDD is 9/6. But my OB said he's going by the u/s which is 8/31. Kinda bummed about that. Although I know it's possible that can change, especially since it's up to my sweet pea. Has any one else have this happen? I'm pretty sure it's bc I ovulated earlier, and considering my cycles were shorter by 2 and 3 days recently.

Re: Slightly confused....

• There is 2 week difference between our LMP due date and ultrasound date. With my first I was a week further along than my LMP suggested. It happens. Pretty common actually.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Sometimes I think they do u/s just to confuse us lol
    With DD I was freaking out. I was about 36w, had gestational diabetes and they said she was more than 8lb at that moment. They said she had long arms, long legs, blablabla my EDD was January 2nd, 2014, and she was born on Dec29 with 6l12oz. It is the fun of guessing/trying to figure out things using black and white image. I can't wait to see this one...
    =)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @diagonalley definitely not stressing over the EDD. I realize that it can go either way, early or late. It's up to the baby. I was just a little excited to have another September baby. My son is 9.16.11 and he was about a week behind until we hit a certain time. He was born 2 days earlier than his EDD and was perfectly healthy.

But I guess this one will start school on time in our area seeing how they will have made the Sept 1st cut off.
  • I ovulate early in my cycle as well.  My step-mom does u/s and scanned me throughout both of my pregnancies.  Both times she estimated that my EDD was 7-8 days earlier.  With DD #1, my EDD was 9/28, she measured me with an EDD of 9/21 the whole time, DD #1 was born 9/20.  DD #2 was a 5/7 EDD from dr.  Step-mom scanned me with an EDD of 4/30 the whole way through, and DD #2 was born 4/27.  I felt like she knew more from scanning me throughout than the dr did.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You probably ovulated earlier and for some reason embryo is looking further along too. Now did you ovulate a whole week early? Maybe or maybe not but due dates are rarely on point so just go with what they give you. 

With my last pregnancy, I charted ovulation through my temperature so I knew exactly when I had ovulated. Still, u/s and doctor gave me a EDD 4 days earlier but my baby still came on her "due date" from my ovulation chart.  

All this to say, go with what they give you but don't be all too surprised if baby is a few days late. They will continue to measure in upcoming u/s and will adjust EDD if things change by quite a bit. 
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• My LMP was November 24th. I've been off birth control about 3 months now and had two 21 dayish periods. I thought I was 9 weeks-but it turns out I'm only 6w 5d! Hoping my ovulation was just all out of wack from the birth control. Positive vibes!! :)
  • Don't be bummed! Baby could arrive on your son's bday if it (God forbid) hits the 42 week mark! That little bean is going to come when it wants or give you hell if you try and decide for it haha.
  • Same thing happened to me but the other direction!  I went into see the Ob with an EDD of 9/7, and I left with an EDD of 9/29!  At my birth class from my DS I learned that EDDs have a +/- 2 week uncertainty so there's still a good chance you'll have another September baby!  I'm hoping for the same BTW, my DS is a September baby too. ☺️
  • Girl, I'd be thrilled to weigh in at 167. Be happy!
  • Something similar happened to me last time around. I predicted Agust 31, Doctor predicted August 24. Baby was born on the 27th.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker