Trying to Get Pregnant

Temping when you always sleep like crap

1017Shannon1017Shannon member
edited January 2016 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Hi ladies! I just got my period yesterday and am going to start temping this cycle. I have a bbt, and understand I have to temp first thing when you wake up.
question is...what if you sleep terribly, pee like 3 times a night and have two kids who randomly wake up lol. Will temping even work for me?! Any suggestions? Thanks!

Editing to say I'm not posting and running, I'll be back later to check this I'm getting my babe ready for preschool!!

Re: Temping when you always sleep like crap

• Hi ladies! I just got my period yesterday and am going to start temping this cycle. I have a bbt, and understand I have to temp first thing when you wake up.
    question is...what if you sleep terribly, pee like 3 times a night and have two kids who randomly wake up lol. Will temping even work for me?! Any suggestions? Thanks!

Editing to say I'm not posting and running, I'll be back later to check this I'm getting my babe ready for preschool!!

Best bet is to try and see. I wake multiple times a nigh to pee (about 3) and always see a shift.

• I tend to sleep not well and have multiple LH surges, so between those two things, my temps are rocky, but it so far I still see a shift. So I'd recommend still giving it a try for a couple of cycles.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Loading the player...
  • Ditto. This is my first FULL cycle temping, and I sleep like crap, and often switch bedrooms depending on DH's snoring. I just always try to get as close to 3 hours and the same time as possible. Doesn't hurt anything to try!
  • Awesome thanks ladies! I'll give it a shot. I just was making sure they're wasn't a "don't even try" response from people who were in the same situation! Good luck to you all!
  • I'm in the same boat and am temping for the first time this cycle.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Remember you are looking for an overall shift, not individual temperatures. So if your first few days look like the Rocky Mountain's don't fret. Specially if you are still on your period. It's normal ^_^

• I'm a shift worker so FF constantly tells me my chart may result in Rocky Mountain temps due to inconsistent waking times and that my temperature seems to fluctuate more than usual but I still get crosshairs consistently. Make sure you use as many other fertility symptoms as you can to help your chart out (CP, CM, OPKs). Good luck!
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks ladies!
  • I sleep like crap AND sleep with my mouth open and STILL saw a shift this cycle :)
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20