Trying to Get Pregnant

UO Thursday

13»

Re: UO Thursday

• I'd be perfectly content without cable/satellite TV. If only DH held the same opinion.

We got rid of cable and never looked back. Saves so much money!
    We did this too and used the money to pay off the last bit of debt! We supplemented with Hulu and Netflix on our smart TV. But now we have TV again... I actually don't love it And I'd be willing to part with it but dh missed sports. 

My UO is that I prefer to drive rather than fly. I love a roadtrip and I think this country has so much beauty to offer... I don't want to fly right over it?!! We've recently discussed visiting Alaska and when dh started looking up airfare, I freaked... We can't miss all that the pacific Northwest has to offer?!  I also prefer a state park or national park campground over a hotel hands down.   This girl needs an rv. ;) 

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• I am not buying into the hype about the Zika virus. Last year everyone was going to die of Ebola, today it's something new. I get that this is a real thing with risks, but I also don't live in a rain forest in Brazil. If I want to go on a tropical baby moon (if I ever actually get KTFU), my destination won't be determined by this virus. I will take necessary precautions and totally enjoy myself. 

Sorry, quote fail. 

I do think that perhaps the news is going a little crazy with the ZIka virus. I mean, how many times do I need to hear about it in one day. This is true. But, I think it is fair to point out that several thousand people did die from Ebola. Just because people in America were safe doesn't mean that you were safe on the west coast of Africa. I mean, no need for mass panic, but I would still steer clear of areas where it sincerely does pose a real danger. (when pregnant, obviously)

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am not buying into the hype about the Zika virus. Last year everyone was going to die of Ebola, today it's something new. I get that this is a real thing with risks, but I also don't live in a rain forest in Brazil. If I want to go on a tropical baby moon (if I ever actually get KTFU), my destination won't be determined by this virus. I will take necessary precautions and totally enjoy myself. 

Sorry, quote fail. 

I do think that perhaps the news is going a little crazy with the ZIka virus. I mean, how many times do I need to hear about it in one day. This is true. But, I think it is fair to point out that several thousand people did die from Ebola. Just because people in America were safe doesn't mean that you were safe on the west coast of Africa. I mean, no need for mass panic, but I would still steer clear of areas where it sincerely does pose a real danger.

Which is why I wouldn't choose a third world country for my vacation spot if there was a mass disease outbreak. I'm not saying caution in choosing your destination is wrong, but to say "there are mosquitoes in South America, I'm canceling my Mecican vacation", is a bit extreme in my opinion. But that's my opinion and I'm not shitting on yours if you feel differently:)
    TTC #2- November 2015

• AlyeenaAlyeena member
    edited January 2016
    ***warning: lurker, and signature ticker.***

Sorry I just have been lurking but this is important, please don't spread false information or encourage people to travel to Zika affected countries.

@DCHokiemom

The CDC is at a level 2 alert for Zika affected countries.

Source: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/alert/zika-virus-caribbean

Oh and

28602 confirmed Ebola cases, 11301 deaths.

Source: 
    https://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/outbreaks/2014-west-africa/case-counts.html

So a lot of people did die. But those don't count to you? Because they are not white American lives right?
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• MrsDho11 said:
    I'd be perfectly content without cable/satellite TV. If only DH held the same opinion.
    We haven't had cable in four years, and I'm happy relying on digital steaming (because no way am I not watching TV). The only issue I have is with sports! Which I can deal with for the NBA season using a variety of things, but the Olympics pose a problem. One I'm going to have to figure out this summer because if it is like the last Winter Olympics, there won't be any reasonable/manageable streaming options.
    @MrsDho11 The sports is the reason this isn't possible for DH and the reason we have an outrageous Directv bill. NFL ticket to watch his Browns, NBA pass to watch his Cavs, and Sports package to watch his Ohio State. Maybe when we move back to Ohio we'll make due with just basic, since they should be on local channels. Hopefully. Also, I love watching the Olympics too! I've never had good luck with real-time streaming.

TTC + medicated cycles
    3/2015: Start TTC
    8/2015: PCOS Dx
    4/2016: BFP, Loss (4+5)
    2/2017: BFP

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe
  • MrsDho11 said:
    I'd be perfectly content without cable/satellite TV. If only DH held the same opinion.
    We haven't had cable in four years, and I'm happy relying on digital steaming (because no way am I not watching TV). The only issue I have is with sports! Which I can deal with for the NBA season using a variety of things, but the Olympics pose a problem. One I'm going to have to figure out this summer because if it is like the last Winter Olympics, there won't be any reasonable/manageable streaming options.
    @MrsDho11 The sports is the reason this isn't possible for DH and the reason we have an outrageous Directv bill. NFL ticket to watch his Browns, NBA pass to watch his Cavs, and Sports package to watch his Ohio State. Maybe when we move back to Ohio we'll make due with just basic, since they should be on local channels. Hopefully. Also, I love watching the Olympics too! I've never had good luck with real-time streaming.
    We haven't had cable for two years now and are addicted to TV and sports. We have a Mohu leaf antenna, Hulu, Netflix and AppleTV. DH's sister is a cable-cutter too so she pays for Hulu and we pay for Netflix and we share. AppleTV has MLB and NBA apps you can subscribe to I believe. DH is a Steelers fan and we never get those games anyway because we can't get CBS on our antenna (we get everything else) so we'd have to be going out to a friend's house or a bar anyway. Which also means we're going to have to go to my dad's house to watch the Super Bowl.

This website can help you see if you'll get the local channels you want by just getting an antenna: https://antennaweb.org/. Keep in mind, though, it can be wrong. It says we should get CBS...

We love being cable cutters, but I do get that sometimes bundling is a necessity. And sometimes just getting internet alone is stupid expensive depending on the cable co.

Me: 28  DH: 28
    TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    Dx: Both tubes blocked, PCOS, DOR, RPL
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    Instagram: KateDoesIVF

• @Alyeena .....lol, yes, that's exactly what I meant.   What an ignorant response.  
    TTC #2- November 2015

• joyful08 said:
    My UO is that I HATE the term "creamy" cm. It makes me gag. Idk what it is about it but it disgusts me. I love creamy sauce, and creamy ice cream, but when you put creamy next to cm I wanna vomit. The Ovia fertility app uses "school glue" to describe it. That's much better. 

Sometimes I call it lotiony CM because it feels like lotion. But I guess that might sound gross because right after I typed it I imagined people actually using it as lotion and that's disgusting lol
  • mrsstuessymrsstuessy member
    edited January 2016
    I am not buying into the hype about the Zika virus. Last year everyone was going to die of Ebola, today it's something new. I get that this is a real thing with risks, but I also don't live in a rain forest in Brazil. If I want to go on a tropical baby moon (if I ever actually get KTFU), my destination won't be determined by this virus. I will take necessary precautions and totally enjoy myself. 

Sorry, quote fail. 

I do think that perhaps the news is going a little crazy with the ZIka virus. I mean, how many times do I need to hear about it in one day. This is true. But, I think it is fair to point out that several thousand people did die from Ebola. Just because people in America were safe doesn't mean that you were safe on the west coast of Africa. I mean, no need for mass panic, but I would still steer clear of areas where it sincerely does pose a real danger.

Which is why I wouldn't choose a third world country for my vacation spot if there was a mass disease outbreak. I'm not saying caution in choosing your destination is wrong, but to say "there are mosquitoes in South America, I'm canceling my Mecican vacation", is a bit extreme in my opinion. But that's my opinion and I'm not shitting on yours if you feel differently:)
    I hope you don't clump me with that other weirdo. I was not trying to say you didn't care about the people in Africa dying. I was not trying to say the same thing at all. Now I feel so bad because of all the other crap. It is a little crazy to be freaking out about Ebola or Zika coming here, at least at this point. Again, just to clarify. That lady was a jerk. I am not a jerk. ;) 

ETA: tag fail, @DCHokiemom
    And also, your gif is just mesmerizing. Every. Single. Time. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker