Trying to Get Pregnant

UO Thursday

Re: UO Thursday

• **TW (other child/breastfeeding)**

in response to @iceandsnowflakes29 and @megzb510 I was fully on board with breastfeeding when pregnant, and I tried, I truly did, but it is so freakin' hard. Even with daily calls and consults with our hospital lactation dept, I still struggled. I remember being on the phone with the LC while LO was screaming in the background out of hunger and I couldn't get her to latch. So then I decided to exclusively pump. That was awful (in my opinion). I got clogged ducts at least twice weekly. I made it to 3 months then stopped, and I still have guilt. And now, with TTC #2, I honestly have no idea if I would go through it again or not, but the guilt already is eating me up (like-hey you at least tried with your first, isn't your second worth it?). Ugh, sorry maybe not the right forum, but BFing strikes a nerve with me sometimes just due to my own issues.

• **TW (other child/breastfeeding)**

in response to @iceandsnowflakes29 and @megzb510 I was fully on board with breastfeeding when pregnant, and I tried, I truly did, but it is so freakin' hard. Even with daily calls and consults with our hospital lactation dept, I still struggled. I remember being on the phone with the LC while LO was screaming in the background out of hunger and I couldn't get her to latch. So then I decided to exclusively pump. That was awful (in my opinion). I got clogged ducts at least twice weekly. I made it to 3 months then stopped, and I still have guilt. And now, with TTC #2, I honestly have no idea if I would go through it again or not, but the guilt already is eating me up (like-hey you at least tried with your first, isn't your second worth it?). Ugh, sorry maybe not the right forum, but BFing strikes a nerve with me sometimes just due to my own issues.

I would not guilt yourself. I am ttc # 3 and there is a high possibility I will skip nursing all together this go around. The flexibility and freedom of a bottle sounds pretty tempting if I'm chasing after 3 kids all under the age of 5.
  • Loading the player...
  • @Megzb510 WHOA I didn't even know those stickers were a thing.  I personally am not a fan of those stick people ones, but I can kind of see how they're sweet and harmless.  But the ones you posted are so sanctimonious and ridiculous.

My UO is that I'm actually kind of happy to be back to school today.  I'm sure my demon 6th period will take care of that feeling in T-minus ten minutes.
  • Okay this is probably a cross between a UO and a FFC but, I really don't mind symptom spotting. I understand it feeds the crazy am I pregnant posts but, if people keep their "symptoms" to themselves I figure whatever floats your boat. There were definitely tell - tale signs for me before the hpts turned positive.
  • I believe the non psycho symptoms because I worked with a lady who had SEVEN children. She said after the first few, it got to the point where she could just tell off the bat. No, the cat sitting on your lap is not a symptom lol.
    I am nervous about this. DD was not planned at all. (I was on BCP) There was no way I should have been pregnant. But, I felt "off". PMS symptoms, yet just different. I was about to take some hard core cold medicine and just felt like I should test. BFP. So, I am so nervous that since I was right about my symptoms the first time I will be a crazy, psycho, overanalyzing lady once we officially start ttc. So, prepare yourself for my future tww posts. sorry in advance. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine might be more of a FFFC, but I absolutely love those fresh wipes and I don't even care if they're hard on the wastewater treatment plant (get new grinder pumps and all will be fine!). 

• I'd be perfectly content without cable/satellite TV. If only DH held the same opinion.

We got rid of cable and never looked back. Saves so much money!
    We haven't had cable in four years, and I'm happy relying on digital steaming (because no way am I not watching TV). The only issue I have is with sports! Which I can deal with for the NBA season using a variety of things, but the Olympics pose a problem. One I'm going to have to figure out this summer because if it is like the last Winter Olympics, there won't be any reasonable/manageable streaming options.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• MrsDho11 said:

I'd be perfectly content without cable/satellite TV. If only DH held the same opinion.

We haven't had cable in four years, and I'm happy relying on digital steaming (because no way am I not watching TV). The only issue I have is with sports! Which I can deal with for the NBA season using a variety of things, but the Olympics pose a problem. One I'm going to have to figure out this summer because if it is like the last Winter Olympics, there won't be any reasonable/manageable streaming options.
    MrsDho11 said:

I'd be perfectly content without cable/satellite TV. If only DH held the same opinion.

I actually bought a digital antenna for the London games a few years back. Works great!
  • @MissAmeliaPond JUST GIVE IN TO THE BIEBS

I keep his CD in my car and listen to it on loop--all 19 songs. Forever.
  • I have no time for stupid ditzy people. I work with a girl that's dumb as a box of rocks and she drives me insane. I try not to be obviously rude to her, but sometimes it's unavoidable.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • atcwag said:

I have no time for stupid ditzy people. I work with a girl that's dumb as a box of rocks and she drives me insane. I try not to be obviously rude to her, but sometimes it's unavoidable.

@atcwag - I don't have a poker face and I have a natural RBF so people know when I can't stand them.
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Megzb510 - ditto. I fall into the "people ask me 100 times a day what's wrong" club.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • madasm0530madasm0530 member
    edited January 2016
    ETA - Didn't quote what I wanted to quote. Wahhh. 

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• OrangeEv said:
    @MissAmeliaPond JUST GIVE IN TO THE BIEBS I keep his CD in my car and listen to it on loop--all 19 songs. Forever.
    YES!

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• OrangeEv said:
    @MissAmeliaPond JUST GIVE IN TO THE BIEBS I keep his CD in my car and listen to it on loop--all 19 songs. Forever.
    If anyone every wants to torture me this is how to do it.
  • bcooke314 said:

OrangeEv said:

@MissAmeliaPond JUST GIVE IN TO THE BIEBS

I keep his CD in my car and listen to it on loop--all 19 songs. Forever.

Same. If one of his songs comes on, I automatically change the station! I don't think I've ever heard one all the way through.

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• MRSCORKER said:
    OrangeEv said:
    Same. If one of his songs comes on, I automatically change the station! I don't think I've ever heard one all the way through.
    I don't think I can even identify one of his songs and I intend to keep it that way. 
  • @Xstatic3333 - we have a digital antenna but we can't get NBC, the network that has the olympics.  Also, a lot of the things I want to watch air live in the wee morning hours, so... I don't know.  I still have to figure it out, but I've got time.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• MRSCORKER said:
    OrangeEv said:

This is how I am with Katy Perry. I CANNOT STAND HER. Especially that damn firework song. Ugh Ugh Ugh!
  • The love yourself - beiber song came on my Ed sheeran pandora station yesterday and i felt betrayed. And then I judged myself hard because I started singing alone to it. I guess I've gone over to the dark side. Sigh.
    Me:27 DH: 28
    Married May 2012
     TTC#1 July 2013 - July 2015 (no success)
    Again TTC#1: Dec 2015
    First RE visit: Feb 2016
    BFP: 9/16/16 EDD:5/26/17
  • MamaMunn said:
    I never have an UO when this thread comes around!!!

I'm just too basic :( 
    ditto! I was trying to think of one all day. 
  • MrsDho11 said:
    I'm really hoping that no one on that thread got reported.

Edit to add: because if they did, it would be bullshit!
    Yeah, I'm kind of waiting for that for the 'zee goggles' pic./comment. it was harmless, but if it got shut down just for being 'unwelcoming'........
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy TrackerBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • MrsDho11 said:
    @Xstatic3333 - we have a digital antenna but we can't get NBC, the network that has the olympics.  Also, a lot of the things I want to watch air live in the wee morning hours, so... I don't know.  I still have to figure it out, but I've got time.
    I have the same problem - our antenna doesn't work for nbc for some reason!  Had that trouble last Olympics.  If you figure out a solution please share :)

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • All we have ever had is a digital antenna and now we have a Roku. We get NBC clear as glass though. If we didn't there would be some problems. I can't wait for the Olympics. 

My UO might not really be unpopular, but whatever, I am sharing here because I can't really in real life. If one more person asks me to be a part of some sort of multi-level marketing I am going to shoot them. I mean, if that is something you want to do, you do you. But, for the love of god, leave me out of it. I especially hate these "health" companies that cost like $436,971,353 to buy one product or program. But the people selling them are just doing it for the love of health. really? and then they post 8 billion posts a day about how they can now stay home and buy new cars and how they are making so much money now and everyone should do it. I'm sorry. It is a horrible rip off and there is no way I am paying you $500/month so that you all can become "diamond" sellers or something and get a free car. Ugh! I feel better now. 

ETA: I have bought some fun stuff like Jamberry or LuLaRoe because they are cool and not a million dollars. And at least those people don't claim to do it because they "want to help people". 
    Totally agree. I think the benefits of the high sales are so short-lived and then when you come back down to reality, you've really missed out on years of senority at a "real" job. I mean, I think there are very few instances where you have enough of a "support system" to continually purchase your products long-term at the frequency you would need to sustain an appropriate income. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • britters314britters314 member
    edited January 2016
    Here's an UO that is probably popular with board users but not it's regulators: What is up with threads being closed because they are unwelcoming when no one even had a chance to post a rolling eye gif yet? Sometimes literally no one is mean and yet the thread is closed. Not for a tou violation like asking if you are pregnant, but for being unwelcoming. I don't even know if I am allowed to post this or if the powers that be would be ticked I am referring to closed threads. :/

Woah, I just read that thread and I don't understand... How was that the reason for that thread being closed? I just... what?

ETA: Though I just realized that OP's later post was the one removed for TOU violation, so maybe it was closed because she was the one with an unwelcoming tone.
  • Also, to piggyback on the hashtag thing.  I was pretty close friends with someone until last year when she became a super hipster, crunchy, paleo eating, attachment parenting, hashtagger.  And the only thing that bothered me about any of this was the sanctimonious hashtagging. I honestly couldn't give two shits about your lifestyle, or how you lead it, and I agree (and parent) by many of those principles.  But I don't conclude every facebook post with #cleaneating #proundnursingmama #clothdiaperwin #nochemicalshere

GAG ME.
    TTC #2- November 2015

• It really rubs me the wrong way when people refer to groups of women as "ladies."  I think it's not so much the word, but the usual context.  It's always something like, "I need to start paying the bills.  I'm sure you all know what I mean, ladies!" (Actually said to me today.)  Like, just because we are of the same sex we have an immediate bond no male could possibly understand.  1) Our situations are not necessarily similar because of our gonads; 2) a dude may understand as well or more than I do; and 3) kindly stop spewing forth words from your face hole.  

If it is not in that context, it's not so bad, but I still cringe a little, like I do with "moist."

DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I am not buying into the hype about the Zika virus. Last year everyone was going to die of Ebola, today it's something new. I get that this is a real thing with risks, but I also don't live in a rain forest in Brazil. If I want to go on a tropical baby moon (if I ever actually get KTFU), my destination won't be determined by this virus. I will take necessary precautions and totally enjoy myself. 
    This makes me feel better. I've been agonizing about our trip next month and I know I'm being unnecessarilly anxious. Thank you for talking me off the edge. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16