November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: UO Thursday

• Oops you were first! Sorry!
  • No worries I'll turn this into a gif party!
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
  • Loading the player...
  • No it's fine I already changed my title keep yours!
  • @babymish - I've seen people keep a progressive pee chart when I've looked around. I always wondered about the whole "it's not useful after the window" idea and never did it but when I get slight changes I wish I had previous ones. Do you do it every month?
    TTC #2 since August 2015
  • @Megzb510 no I haven't had to, I used Wondfos and the results are all still there from November

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Megzb510 said:

I can't stand bumper stickers like this and I did cloth diaper, baby wear and co-sleep. It comes off so sanctimoniously to me, especially the no circumcision one. Jeez your poor son has people knowing that he has foreskin. Please remove that before middle school.

Yikes! That's atrocious (and I also plan on many of those practices). Shudder. That's what gives us crunchy types a bad name.
  • @Megzb510 I will most likely identify with those concepts but the blatant disrespect for their child's privacy for the sake of touting their agenda on a soapbox is just too much.
  • @babymish thank you! I actually will do that if you don't mind. I have what I counted as a + OPK but it's my first month using them so another set of eyes would be great.

@megzb510 I take a pic on my phone. Since it dates them I can remember and I don't worry about fading, etc. However you do have to be careful about people going through your phone!
  • @iceandsnowflakes29 thanks! I'll check that out!
  • @Sparty18 I like a good clever hashtag but I hate when people do that too! I don't ever bother trying to read them. 
  • Megzb510 said:

I can't stand bumper stickers like this and I did cloth diaper, baby wear and co-sleep. It comes off so sanctimoniously to me, especially the no circumcision one. Jeez your poor son has people knowing that he has foreskin. Please remove that before middle school.

Yikes! That's atrocious (and I also plan on many of those practices). Shudder. That's what gives us crunchy types a bad name.
    I don't even know what the last one means. Bed sharing?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited January 2016
    @sparty18 I have a friend of a friend (who I stalk on Facebook, naturally) who hashtags her kids full names. It drives me nuts. Maybe she has a valid reason but it just comes off as arrogant to me (and knowing the girl... This may be the case). Why does your toddler need a hashtag? Are her toddler buddies following her? I don't get it. #makesnosense #ihadabananaforbreakfast #bananasmakemepoop #dontlietheydoittoyoutoo #autocorrectmakeshastaggingdifficult

Edited to add appropriately inappropriate hashtags
  • @sarah0985  Yeah I think my UO is more directed at FB.  I don't use instagram or twitter (other than to search things), so I really just see them on FB and I feel they have no use there.

• I don't even know what the last one means. Bed sharing?
    Attachment parenting? I agree that's atrocious even though I plan on doing most of those things as well. As if stick families weren't bad enough, now you want an award for not slicing your son's junk. GFY. 

@iceandsnowflakes29 I admit that I have utilized canyouseealine.com. Sometimes you just need a second opinion. I don't mind pee sticks either, but I'm glad they aren't allowed here or that's all it would be, post after post and all drive bys. 
  • @sparty18 I have a friend of a friend (who I stalk on Facebook, naturally) who hashtags her kids full names. It drives me nuts. Maybe she has a valid reason but it just comes off as arrogant to me (and knowing the girl... This may be the case). Why does your toddler need a hashtag? Are her toddler buddies following her? I don't get it.

I feel the same way! I also feel this way about people who have Facebook profiles for their babies. They explain it saying they want a comprehensive journal/whatever that yet can have when yet grow up. But don't yet already have these pictures? Can't you just create monthly folders of pictures on a hard drive? Same auth those who say they to it to share pictures with family. Can't you just put pictures on your own profiles? Do you really want people to be able to search did pictures of your baby by name on the interwebz?

I guess that's my uo.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Adam Levine's voice is like nails on a chalk board to me. I can't stand that nasally, high pitched man singing voice, ugh, disgusting! Also that high falsetto singing voice that men sometimes use, Justin Timberlake is famous for it. I can't effing stand it!

• HayrockHayrock member
    edited January 2016
    *Child mention*
    @Megzb510 I hate these type of things about all you do with your kid. I was planning on cloth diapers and breast feeding with DS but due to NICU we didn't do either. Seeing these always make me feel guilty or like a bad mom. I know it's crazy to feel that way but yea it is one thing I just deal with.
  • @shaami1986 Yessssssss. Stop squealing at me Adam Levine!

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• MRSCORKER said:
    @shaami1986 Yessssssss. Stop squealing at me Adam Levine!

Right!? Its this whiney sound that's just grating!
  • @JamieK1882 I'm with you! There have been times when I have come close because I forget that that's a no no. It's not like I am asking for someone to tweak an obviously negative hpt. And I don't think it is gross at all. But I understand that it not allowed. It would encourage waaaaay to much nonsense from women who "totally see a line even though they got a super light AF last week and their best friend Becky said you can get a period and still be pregnant". I do take pictures of mine for comparisons and save them in an app that requires my thumbprint and a password to access lol.

Oooh I need this app! MIL always looks at my phone pics for pics of DD, and I'm so afraid she'll see my OPKs.
  • I'd be perfectly content without cable/satellite TV. If only DH held the same opinion.
    We got rid of cable and never looked back. Saves so much money!
    Oh I wish we could. We only have Comcast in our area, and we need the landline for our security system. Somehow the "cheapest" way is to get their bundle package of phone, internet and cable and the price is astronomical.

• @jamiek1882 the one I have is called Photo Vault. But I am sure there are others! I think there is one that is disguised as a calculator icon too... But i use the calculator all the time and that could get awkward.
  • Hayrock said:

*Child mention*
    @Megzb510 I hate these type of things about all you do with your kid. I was planning on cloth diapers and breast feeding with DS but due to NICU we didn't do either. Seeing these always make me feel guilty or like a bad mom. I know it's crazy to feel that way but yea it is one thing I just deal with.

@Hayrock - I didn't have an NICU baby but I know what you mean. I only BF (for 4 months cuz it got too stressful at work to continue doing it (worked retail and it was the holidays). I also always supplemented with formula from the beginning. On mothers groups I cringe when the breastfeeding mafia guilt new moms about breastfeeding. I get that they mean it as "support" but it comes off like high and mighty. But then I wonder if my guilt over only 4 months is coloring my viewpoint and if someone would have given me more support if I would have stuck with it. I just want to tell them every time "it's ok if you want to stop. They will survive on formula just fine" but I would get slaughtered.
    TTC #2 since August 2015
  • edited January 2016
    @Megzb510 I am still breastfeeding my almost 15 month old. We also used formula. It is NBD. I fully advocate breastfeeding but I do not believe "breast is best". I have 2 kids and the one that has been breastfed the longest has been the sickest.

My 5 lb preemie son who was both breastfed and supplemented with formula from day 1 (low birth weight, doctor's orders) I quit breastfeeding him around 5 months and he is less sick than my second son that was born full term and received less formula.

ETA I hate that there is so much stigma around formula. The beauty of breastfeeding to me is in the RELATIONSHIP. The breastfeeding relationship. Not the fact that is it breastmilk, if that makes any sense.
  • @iceandsnowflakes29 I know what you mean about formula! DS was literally born jaundice, he came out looking like a little Umpa Lumpa, and so they needed to pretty much get him to eat as much as possible as quickly as they possibly could so that he would start voiding and getting his bili levels down. I was producing, but not enough for what they wanted him to eat, so we had to supplement him for the first two weeks. When they first brought it up I felt so awful and guilty, like I was an awful mother for giving it to him and not producing enough yet. Before I even gave birth I was so aware of the stigma that I was in tears at the thought of "failing".